PDA

View Full Version : Difficulty.

Snowwwwy
10-13-2010, 06:38 AM
Anyone else find Ninja Gaiden 2 like near impossible? I got to one bit, I was just like screw it and got a refund. I thought it was to hard. Lets hope Ninja Gaiden 3 isnt anywhere near as hard as the previous one because its such a sick game.. well.. the previous one was anyway :p

Black Valve
10-20-2010, 01:31 PM
id prefer it if they didnt make it easier to be honest.

Play N Skillz
10-21-2010, 11:16 PM
Since Itagaki left the the company, now the devs for NGS2 will be taking over the franchise and most likely the game will much less of a challenge (looking at Sigma 2)

Snowwwwy
10-27-2010, 02:33 AM
Since Itagaki left the the company, now the devs for NGS2 will be taking over the franchise and most likely the game will much less of a challenge (looking at Sigma 2)
Good. I hope its alot easier than number two.

Hyperbrain
11-28-2010, 04:12 PM
Actually, I'm not worried about difficulty itself, but there are minors problems in NG2' gameplay that took my patience away! Ryu are tooo slow to move around without pressing LT (block), specially when you are surounded by IS ninjas, gajas or Van Gelfs and need to gain distance from them. On higher difficulty levels, you practilly have to move only by reverse wind tecnique in battle, which is faster to skip out stand defense position than simply release LT and try to move, cos Ruy is too slow on leaving a stand/neutral position by releasing LT and move just by analog stick. In other hand, reverse wind tecnique makes you vunerable by the final of the move. So, please, make Ryu's walk/sprint more responsive on NG3.

Flying Swallow on NG2 works with no enemies on the screen if you try, but may fails when you mostly need, you know that. I mean, what the hell? I lost the number of times that it have just leaved me to die after fails in front of a foe. In general, the game controls are not so responsive like it seems to be. And the obvious: THE CAMERA. How much more we'll have to play without seeing Ryu on the screen? It's not hard enough? There is a like winged enemy, for exemple, which each of it's wings fills up all the screen and I see nothing! This is just some problems among another serious problems to fix in NG3.

Perdon my english.

sk8boy
02-11-2011, 08:39 AM
I hope that NG3 will be more difficult than NG2, no joke.

Echilion
03-01-2011, 03:25 PM
Been stated in an interview that the game is meant to attract more players and be less demanding.

Itagaki was about making the most difficult games possible, with him gone it seems that mentality may be too.

xXSerialXx
03-01-2011, 03:40 PM
Been stated in an interview that the game is meant to attract more players and be less demanding.

Itagaki was about making the most difficult games possible, with him gone it seems that mentality may be too.

that's right but i guess we can expect that the master ninja difficulty returns and i dont think it would be easier this time. i guess the same like in ng2 but not harder.

Snowwwwy
03-03-2011, 05:29 AM
Haha no way. That wouldnt be so good for me.

xXSerialXx
03-03-2011, 05:45 AM
in the end ng2 on master ninja wasnt too hard. the only really hard chapters are 1-4 imo. if you having troubles, check out reim's master ninja guide

Snowwwwy
03-17-2011, 08:19 AM
in the end ng2 on master ninja wasnt too hard. the only really hard chapters are 1-4 imo. if you having troubles, check out reim's master ninja guide
Haha. I would but I dont have the game anymore.

Annalie
06-08-2011, 05:40 AM

That would be a major turnoff to alot of people.

Density Jo
06-10-2011, 09:45 PM
I dont think it would be that difficult if u can sneak attack, killing someone in 1 hit and too much QTE that would make the game much easier...i dont think ninja gaiden 2 was near impossible to be honest, i didnt even get frustrated

Dark Anaconda
06-11-2011, 03:32 PM
I am a huge Ninja Gaiden Fan and i was looking for some information about Ninja Gaiden 3.

What i read so far is ,that Hayasi ( the new leader of team ninja ) was responsible for the AI Difficulty in the Ninja Gaiden Games.

The Quick Time Event was supposed to be just a tutorial ,i mean the QTE stuff will disappear after the tutorial.

I checked the whole gameplay trailers of NG3 very carefully ,and what i don`t like is the "Ultimate Technique Attack".

He is just killing with 1 hit > 3 enemies...thats all? No Martial Art Swordstyle Effect like in NG2? That was really disappointing to me.

people are disappointed about the dismembering stuff ( Obliteration Attack/ Finishing Attack ) ,i was sad too but the sound of breaking bones is good as well...i can live with that in the end ,though i would love to dismember again..

Anyways...

Ninja Gaiden is not for casual gamers ,thats for sure ,you need skill and patience to beat this game.

I hope they will make it hard like NG2.

Sorry but if you want an easy hackn slash game ,go and play devil may cry 4 or Dynasty Warriors Game. No Offense ,but if you make Ninja Gaiden easier...it wouldnt be Badass like it is now.

Ninja Gaiden = Badass Game ,which requires Badass Settings.

Hope u understand what i am trying to say. :drunk

GSTAR321
06-20-2011, 04:28 AM
I am a huge Ninja Gaiden Fan and i was looking for some information about Ninja Gaiden 3.

What i read so far is ,that Hayasi ( the new leader of team ninja ) was responsible for the AI Difficulty in the Ninja Gaiden Games.

The Quick Time Event was supposed to be just a tutorial ,i mean the QTE stuff will disappear after the tutorial.

I checked the whole gameplay trailers of NG3 very carefully ,and what i don`t like is the "Ultimate Technique Attack".

He is just killing with 1 hit > 3 enemies...thats all? No Martial Art Swordstyle Effect like in NG2? That was really disappointing to me.

people are disappointed about the dismembering stuff ( Obliteration Attack/ Finishing Attack ) ,i was sad too but the sound of breaking bones is good as well...i can live with that in the end ,though i would love to dismember again..

Anyways...

Ninja Gaiden is not for casual gamers ,thats for sure ,you need skill and patience to beat this game.

I hope they will make it hard like NG2.

Sorry but if you want an easy hackn slash game ,go and play devil may cry 4 or Dynasty Warriors Game. No Offense ,but if you make Ninja Gaiden easier...it wouldnt be Badass like it is now.

Ninja Gaiden = Badass Game ,which requires Badass Settings.

Hope u understand what i am trying to say. :drunk

I agree.

Ninja Gaiden should be hard. That's what the series is all about.

I almost threw my xbox out the window trying to get through NG2 on master ninja ... but the satisfaction upon completion was immense. I now have the full 1250/1250 in the game. I loved it.

I saw a quick trailer of NG3. My thoughts are one of ... "I don't know". I really don't know how it will turn out. As it has been mentioned the ability to dismember has been removed which I think is dissapointing ... as you would expect ... if you sliced a katana through someone, they would be in half .. no?

I didn't know about the 'breaking bones' sound. That sounds interesting. I also noticed that the 'dash' has now turned into a 'slide'.

Overall i'm not sure what the developers are trying to do with Ninja Gaiden now. All we can do is wait and see how it turns out. I really hope it does well though because i'm a big fan of the games.

Dark Anaconda
06-20-2011, 11:54 AM
Yeah ,they said its only finished to 30%....

This is the ultimate test for Hayashi to prove himself worthy to be the new leader of team ninja.

People will hate about him,if he doesn`t manage to make NG3 good like the other ones.

They will write things like: " It was better with Itagaki ,we want him back!" and stuff like this.

It doesn`t make sense to me ,if you cut through somebody with a katana ,and the target doesn`t loose limbs ,because the Katana is one of the very sharp swords in the world.

You guys remember chapter 10 in NG2 ,the one area with the stairs and 1000 enemies? There was a huge lag problem with all the dead enemies and limbs lying on the ground ,maybe they want to avoid this time in NG3?

They said in a interview ,that the dead bodies of the enemies will disappear after 30 seconds ,yeah i understand this ,but it would be better if they allow us to obliterate somebody too ,so the bodies and the limbs could disappear after 30 seconds and everybody could be happy.

Well all we can do is wait and see. Hope Hayasi will make it good ,i give this man a chance ,do your best to NG3 and keep the tradition of the badassery alive!

Devolon
06-20-2011, 02:27 PM
Yeah ,they said its only finished to 30%....

About that 30% thing - most of the optimistic people say that we should take that in consideration. A couple remarks:

- what's the point of showing the game in such a poor state? I mean, they could have waited another couple months, instead of showing a demo that was bound to upset most of their fanbase.
At least show us a level that doesn't look exactly like a lazy mix between NG2's chapt 4 and 8, and enemies that don't look and behave like half-asleep versions of NG2's soldiers. Even the music is recycled from NG2, FFS!
I'm aware that Tecmo/Koei is far from being the smartest publisher in the industry, but still - I mean, back in 2007 NG2's gameplay reveal featured 2 stages, all-new enemies, and 3 new weapons + DS.

- This is usually where you remind us of at least one 9 months from release, 30% finished bad-looking demo that somehow turned into a great game. I remember itakagi showing demos of NG2 like 9 months before the game's release, and it was looking very close to the finished product. IMO, what we saw at E3 is what we're gonna get. And since a NG game requires months of testing, tweaking and balancing, I think they're in deep trouble if that 30% thing is anything to go by.

Rab1d Rh1no
08-14-2011, 11:21 PM
Cant wait for ninja Gaiden 3, i dont care if is harder/same difficulty =D

a7x4lyf3
10-19-2011, 06:11 PM
The campaign on master ninja for NG2 was not really the main problem for me, its mission mode thats kicking my ass, some of those missions even on warrior are a bit difficult, and on master ninja they just make me wanna rip out my hair...

Mercury
02-13-2012, 06:57 PM

I'm with you dude. I loved the step-up from NG to NG2.

That would be a major turnoff to alot of people.

Screw that (or them, then). Ninja Gaiden has constantly proven to be one of the most difficult games of all time. Being able to beat them is a bragging right in it's own.

After seeing footage of this game, and reading about it, I think the dev's ruined it. Not going to be that difficult, going to have a crapload of QTE's, and no dismembering.

Dark Anaconda
02-14-2012, 02:07 AM
They will bring a very easy mode but i pray to god ,PLEASE PLEASE ,bring us a damn Master Ninja Mode which should be hard or harder than the previous games ,so everybody could be happy ,the casual gamers and the professional gamers...

and if you don`t want to give us a Ninja Master Mode ,than please give us a Mission Mode like in NG1 and NG2 which should have a difficulity which is much more harder than the difficulty in the storyline...

And i agree with most of the nice people here...it seems like NG3 turns out to be much easier ,which means ,we can already start the game right in Hard Mode then....

Gambitjuggalo
02-23-2012, 02:32 AM
I will never understand how anyone says the remakes of ninja gaiden are hard... if you play it enough you get good at it and you win... maybe im just used to growing up getting punished by the original nes ninja gaiden.. i can blow through both of those games like nothing.. you want hard go play the nes series...ninja gaiden 3 i hope will be hard but with no Tomonobu Itagaki the game will be simple for the casual fans that cry and complain

TxsChilliBowl84
02-25-2012, 07:25 AM

good, some of the stuff was difficult. hopefully they dont dumb it down so much that it makes the game not fun.

Dark Anaconda
02-25-2012, 12:01 PM
Hmm...

If they make Ninja Master Mode...then NG3 difficulty could maybe hard like previous games (hopefully) ,because i figured out something: If you want to get heal ,you have to use Ninpo right? But before you can get Ninpo you have to defeat enemies i guess, so that means, you can`t use any items ,you HAVE to kill a bunch of enemies to EARN the opportunity to heal yourself.

I hope this way the game can be hard in Ninja Master Mode ,thats my only hope.

BIG L RETURNS
02-28-2012, 01:36 AM
Maxing out Ninja Gaiden 2 1250/1250 legitimately is STILL my greatest gaming accomplishment to this day. I'll never forget it.

a7x4lyf3
02-28-2012, 09:31 AM
Maxing out Ninja Gaiden 2 1250/1250 legitimately is STILL my greatest gaming accomplishment to this day. I'll never forget it. Ha amen to that man, everytime I look at my 1250 for that game I shed a tear of happiness and think to myself, "I can't believe I did this..."

supernumian
03-09-2012, 11:39 AM
Difficult in Ninja Gaiden 2 is the results of a purposly bad programming because of Itagaki and it's ill philosophy.
Do you want Ninja Gaiden? Then you'll going to eat shit all the time.

That's how the potentially best action in the world became a game for few crazy guys.

Seriously men, I really love Ninja Gaiden 2 but you have some problems if you think that Ninja Gaiden 3 will have to be more difficult than it.

Foxhound300
03-10-2012, 01:05 AM
purposly bad programming because of Itagaki and it's ill philosophy

Wrong. Itagaki actually apologized because of how hard it was due to bad balancing towards the end of the game.

Also Ninja Gaiden 2 is easier than Ninja Gaiden Black because you can't cripple/instantly kill your enemies in Black, so when you're attacked by monstrously powerful enemies you can't get out of it with just one limb sliced off. I'M LOOKING AT YOU, YOU STUPID CAT PEOPLE! Plus the bosses were far stronger, health wise.

Hardest part about Ninja Gaiden 2 is getting the second boss fight. Once you get the roof area before you unlock the bow you can just farm those enemies and upgrade your Lunar/Tiger Claws to level 3. Then it's gg to everything.

That's why there's a possibility that Ninja Gaiden 3 will be harder if only because they're constraining the design of the game to prevent exploits. Weapons upgrade by themselves, saves happen at designated points and can't be returned to later.

As for all the concerns about difficulty, there's obviously nothing we can say about the difficulty until we actually play it (based on how much damage the enemies seem to be doing, either the game is far too easy or everyone testing it is playing on the easiest difficulty), but they said that they'd be making the easy difficulty even easier but all the other difficulties would remain the same.

Here's hoping it's still a challenge.

Devolon
03-10-2012, 03:28 PM
Wrong. Itagaki actually apologized because of how hard it was due to bad balancing towards the end of the game.

Also Ninja Gaiden 2 is easier than Ninja Gaiden Black because you can't cripple/instantly kill your enemies in Black, so when you're attacked by monstrously powerful enemies you can't get out of it with just one limb sliced off. I'M LOOKING AT YOU, YOU STUPID CAT PEOPLE! Plus the bosses were far stronger, health wise.

Hardest part about Ninja Gaiden 2 is getting the second boss fight. Once you get the roof area before you unlock the bow you can just farm those enemies and upgrade your Lunar/Tiger Claws to level 3. Then it's gg to everything.

That's why there's a possibility that Ninja Gaiden 3 will be harder if only because they're constraining the design of the game to prevent exploits. Weapons upgrade by themselves, saves happen at designated points and can't be returned to later.

As for all the concerns about difficulty, there's obviously nothing we can say about the difficulty until we actually play it (based on how much damage the enemies seem to be doing, either the game is far too easy or everyone testing it is playing on the easiest difficulty), but they said that they'd be making the easy difficulty even easier but all the other difficulties would remain the same.

Here's hoping it's still a challenge.

- Funny thing is, when NG1 was released, itakagi stated that he kicked the difficulty up one extra notch after he found out that no tester from team ninja had managed to complete the game, meaning that the game was also unbalanced by design. At the time, the internet hive mind decided that was a great idea and that it made the game better, and now they refuse to admit that NG1 is cheap as fuck at times.
When NG2 came out, that was the opposite, people complained that it was too hard, even tough it's no more no less cheap than NG1, and somehow decided that the game was poorly programmed and that itakagi had to apologize for it, for the exact same thing he did with NG1 in 2003.
Same thing happens now with dark souls, the internet has decided that the game was tough but fair for some reason, even tough it has more imbalances and exploits and cheap design decisions than both NGs combined. Go figure.

- About the exploits in NG2: no one forces gamers to use them, especially since it's a single player game. No one forced people to spend hours farming for some misguided reason (why the fuck you guys put yourselves through that grind, I'll never understand), no one forced people to do the ninja cinema DLC achievement glitch or fuck up the leaderboards or use the invicibility glitch or whatever. The game was perfectly playable, there was zero need to use them.

I just don't really give a shit about NG3 TBH, I think the game looks bleh and completely soulless, I just posted here to remind you guys that some normal, not crazy gamers got 1250/1250 on NG2 legit and thought it was a great game and a great sequel to NG1.

ChickinOnaChain
03-10-2012, 04:03 PM
NG2 was the first game I screamed at the TV and why my wife started looking for help websites for me. It helped with the game but it was still harder than hell to me. I ended up dumping it. I HOPE NG3 will be easier. It sure can't be any harder.

jackofblades
03-10-2012, 05:25 PM
NG2 was the first game I screamed at the TV and why my wife started looking for help websites for me. It helped with the game but it was still harder than hell to me. I ended up dumping it. I HOPE NG3 will be easier. It sure can't be any harder.

Play hero mode then sounds like that be lot easier for people

Foxhound300
03-10-2012, 06:16 PM
I HOPE NG3 will be easier. It sure can't be any harder.HA, want to bet?

that was the opposite, people complained that it was too hard, even tough it's no more no less cheap than NG1,

Not true, it is significantly more cheap than NG1. The IS Ninjas especially.

jackofblades
03-10-2012, 07:01 PM
The Harder the better..... at least they could play "Hero" AKA Ninja dog

:P

Dark Anaconda
03-10-2012, 08:59 PM
I will start with Hard Mode + Japanese Voice.

..I wish NG3 NM mode would have the same difficulty like NG Black Mission Mode/Survival Mode...

Anyway..i pre ordered it....hope i can get it a few days sooner.

jackofblades
03-10-2012, 09:13 PM
Cant wait will be great lets hope theres more then katanas then can be used

Devolon
03-10-2012, 11:41 PM
Not true, it is significantly more cheap than NG1. The IS Ninjas especially.

For me, IS ninjas weren't cheap, they were designed to make you use the invulnerability moves. I suppose you think the ghost fishes in NG1 weren't just as cheap, then? And the fact that you couldn't equip/unequip the talismans of rebirth, that wasn't artificially creating difficulty of course? I could go on, in terms of cheapness they're the same to me.

Foxhound300
03-11-2012, 02:13 AM
The ghost fish were easy. They did almost no damage to you when you were airborne and the flails instantly destroyed them with no vulnerability to yourself. Heck, you could (and I did) just stand there mashing X until 30 seconds passed with no fish. The ONLY thing that made that maze section even remotely challenging was the laser shooting crabs since the flails are not the most powerful weapon on earth.

And please, do go on. Tell me what enemies in NG1 were the equivalent of the cluster rocket launchers in NG2, or the suicide ninjas in NG2, or inescapable boss grabs.

Devolon
03-11-2012, 10:34 AM
The 6 pack rocket launchers were mostly harmless, just throw an IS shuriken and they're done. The military-themed chapter of NG1 (i think it was chapt 8, the 2 tanks+chopper+com tower) wasn't any better than anything military in NG2.

I can't think of any inescapable boss grab in NG2, once again they don't feel cheaper than alma's (both versions) or chapt 16's murai's to me.

I don't see the big design flaw with suicide ninjas, especially since a lvl 3 wind blades kills a bunch instantly. At least they forced you to think fast and remain unpredictable, unlike the endlessly respawning pushover ninjas of NG1. That's probably why they added that cheap flame version in NGB very hard+ MN (their standard attack was unblockable and set you on fire). Just like those advanced military NGB soldiers that had auto counter every time you did a FS. NG2's enemies were much more interesting than those failed NGB experiments IMO.

a7x4lyf3
03-11-2012, 05:12 PM
I can't think of any inescapable boss grab in NG2, once again they don't feel cheaper than alma's (both versions) or chapt 16's murai's to me You can't think of any inescapable boss grabs? They all had one, especially Alexei, that guy is a grabbing machine, and Elizabet, she has 2, 1 she stabs you through the gut and smashes you into the floor about 3 times then throws you which causes damage again, and then she has that one attack where she makes a circle appear underneath you, if you're caught inside of it on master ninja you're basically fucked, both games have inescapable boss grabs, and it is rather annoying, but once you learn when to dodge it's not so bad.

Foxhound300
03-11-2012, 06:45 PM
I was thinking of the Fire Demon's grab personally. Only way to dodge it is to stand directly under him and dash at the last possible second, otherwise you're screwed on Master Ninja.

Devolon
03-11-2012, 11:36 PM
By "inescepable" I thought you meant "impossible to dodge", not "impossible to interrupt if you fail to dodge them".

Foxhound300
03-12-2012, 02:08 AM
As far as I know, no move is undodgable, but almost all of the boss grabs in Ninja Gaiden 2 are unbreakable. At least two of the bosses in Black had grabs that you could break out of, but I was rarely grabbed in Black so I can't really remember all the bosses.

Dark Anaconda
03-13-2012, 12:48 PM
Hey guys i was looking for some informations and i found out that they are 5 difficulties:

Hero, Normal, Hard, Ninja Master and....Ultimate Ninja.

I pray to god that Ultimate Ninja will be incredible hard ,i wish it could be 10/10 difficulty ,i would love that.

I got much more informations but you can read them at the xbox official magazin.

Some of them could be disappointing for you maybe, thats why i didn`t posted them, i don`t want to give you a bad feeling, you know...you should look for yourself.

Can`t wait to play the shit out of NG3.

jackofblades
03-13-2012, 01:09 PM
:D cant wait been looking forward for this for ages allready paid for my collectors edtion

Dark Anaconda
03-13-2012, 03:25 PM
I think the Ninja Master Mode in NG3 has the same difficulty like the Very Hard/Mentor Mode in NG2
and the Ultimate Ninja Mode in NG3 has the same difficutly like Ninja Master Mode in NG2.

This is just an idea of myself..but i wouldn`t be suprised if that would happen.

Bloodrune
03-13-2012, 03:44 PM
There is only one weapon in the game (sword) and it is non upgradeable. Fail

Spike hostile17
03-13-2012, 03:58 PM
I just dont get why people complain about the difficulty in NG2, even on Master Ninja that was a lot easier than Ninja Gaiden Black, and you got the scythe that made the game ridiculously easy. But from what Ive seen yes I think NG3 will be easier which is really sad for this franchise that appeals especially because it used to be a real challenge to complete on the highest difficulty. Day 1 buy for me anyway.

Dark Anaconda
03-25-2012, 12:01 PM
With Ultimate Ninja Master Mode the difficulty will bring satisfaction i think.

Evo Kazz
03-25-2012, 12:58 PM
Im not starting this till the Eclipse Scythe is released, thats my weapon, I walked through NG2 on MN with that weapon, it made MN extremely easy.