PDA

View Full Version : Porsche To Enter F1

o H i T M a N z
10-13-2010, 08:38 AM
I only just read about this, but i found that Porsche are interested in joining Formula 1. That would be great, i personally think the more cars the better, even though the new cars are much slower than the rest this season, its good to see new cars on the grid

f1ferrari
10-13-2010, 09:16 AM
must be for 2012/2013 as they would have had to of submitted their entry by now and payed for the grid place. and no one's mentioned it yet.

Minty
10-13-2010, 09:40 AM
All they said is that theyw ill be returning to a top flight racing sport.

Now VW do races, Audi obviously do Le Mans, so seems unlikely they'd comepete with their own teams. F1 is the obvious choice, especially with the engine changes coming in in 2013- it's the kind of challenge Porsche love.

pined5551
10-13-2010, 10:16 AM
The new teams may also be worth keeping an eye on. Lotus secured 10 place in the constructors championship in Japan which is worth a lot of money to the team, they have also bought out of the Cosworth Engine deal and into a new one with Reneaux, and will also have a Red Bull tech based gearbox next year. They also always knew this year would be very uncompetative and that it would be mainly a test year. They were working on the 2011 car before any other team as far as i know. So to beat the other 2 new teams is great news for them. I think they could well be competing with Sauber, Torro Rosso and maybe even Force India next year. Virgin also have a much bigger budget than the other teams so i still think its worth keeping an eye on them too. Hispania on the other hand, not so much hahha.

o H i T M a N z
10-13-2010, 11:00 AM
must be for 2012/2013 as they would have had to of submitted their entry by now and payed for the grid place. and no one's mentioned it yet.

i dont really think you can ever be too late, remember Honda/Brawn, i dont think they were brought back together until Febuary, and the season started in March

f1ferrari
10-13-2010, 11:37 AM
i dont really think you can ever be too late, remember Honda/Brawn, i dont think they were brought back together until Febuary, and the season started in March

The cut off for 2011 F1 entries was the 15th April 2010, if they were coming back we'd of known about it, so I expect it will be 2012 or 2013 we'll see next year.
As for Brawn, Honda had already secured their place for 2009, so all they needed were someone to buy them and take em over.

Edmeister
10-13-2010, 11:54 AM
While Lotus may be worth watching out for next season with Renault engines and Red Bull gearbox as mentioned, I'm not so sure about Virgin. In an interview Richard Branson was saying they have a much smaller budget than even Lotus, so despite all the Virgin branding on the car looks like they haven't thrown as much money into it as we thought. If this is the case their prospects for improving next year look pretty slim.

pined5551
10-13-2010, 01:11 PM
so despite all the Virgin branding on the car looks like they haven't thrown as much money into it as we thought. If this is the case their prospects for improving next year look pretty slim.

I don't even know why Virgin joined then. This is a sport where if your not all the way in and spending money to get a decent car, then all your doing is wasting a massive amount of money on being 'one of those shit teams that no one really supports.' I think Branson should just put all he can into the team, they could go far if he did. Glock is one hell of a driver, and he is wasted at Virgin. He finished almost every race last year in the top 10, his best finish yet this year has been 14th. :( I really hope he can make it to a better team in the future.

o H i T M a N z
10-13-2010, 01:43 PM
I don't even know why Virgin joined then. This is a sport where if your not all the way in and spending money to get a decent car, then all your doing is wasting a massive amount of money on being 'one of those shit teams that no one really supports.' I think Branson should just put all he can into the team, they could go far if he did. Glock is one hell of a driver, and he is wasted at Virgin. He finished almost every race last year in the top 10, his best finish yet this year has been 14th. :( I really hope he can make it to a better team in the future.

I wouldnt have thought even Branson has enough money to get a team like Virgin up the top, i would have thought only the teams that are actually "car manufacturers" would have enough funds to get a team to the top.

pined5551
10-13-2010, 01:48 PM
I wouldnt have thought even Branson has enough money to get a team like Virgin up the top, i would have thought only the teams that are actually "car manufacturers" would have enough funds to get a team to the top.

If Branson can fund public space travel, then he can fund F1 hahaha.

o H i T M a N z
10-13-2010, 01:52 PM
If Branson can fund public space travel, then he can fund F1 hahaha.

I know what you mean LoL, but surely this 1 guy is only gonna put a small amount of money into the team because he wants a return

Whereas the likes of Ferrari & Renault are not just 1 guy.

defiant4eva
10-13-2010, 03:13 PM
Porsche could buy out HRT, as it is looking more and more likely they will fail to finish the 2010 season, due to financial trouble. They can then rebrand the team for 2011, to what ever they want.
As for the cut off entries, I don't think they will be allowed in, not after US F1 team fiasco. Epic fail Ken Anderson.
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Anderson_%28motorsport%29)