PDA

View Full Version : What will happen if you don't change your tyres?

ivegotalobon
10-13-2010, 11:03 AM
What will happen if you don't change your tyres?

Penalty?
DQ?

I am so annoyed in my current race, i have just been taken out by someone and i need to win this race, i am about 8 seconds clear of webber now, so if i pit he will beat me

If it is a 10 sec penalty i may be able to get the win

pined5551
10-13-2010, 01:35 PM
Probably DSQ!

f1ferrari
10-13-2010, 01:49 PM
DSQ i think, you must use a set of option and prime tryes.

pined5551
10-13-2010, 02:52 PM
DSQ i think, you must use a set of option and prime tryes.

Only in the dry though, if its wet stay out as long as you want.

pdean52
10-13-2010, 03:20 PM
tried this the other day when starting on the option tyre but the grip got so bad i ended up losing so many places i restarted the race before i got to the end.

f1ferrari
10-13-2010, 09:22 PM
option tyres are a very soft compound, they are only built for speed, so they die after a short amount of laps 20% around 4-5 ish laps, prime is the harder compound, these last a long time.20% around 8-9ish laps more if you look after them.

ivegotalobon
10-14-2010, 01:10 PM
question has still not been answered to what will happen if you dont change tyres.

Not to be a dick, but i didn't ask which last longer and i didnt ask to know what the different compounds ar like

WoH Jabba81
10-14-2010, 01:22 PM
WTF go and try it out dude... whats the problem???

question has still not been answered to what will happen if you dont change tyres.

Not to be a dick, but i didn't ask which last longer and i didnt ask to know what the different compounds ar like

pdean52
10-14-2010, 01:28 PM
i think the honorable gentleman has had his game on pause for the past 24 hours by the looks of it waiting for one of us gimps to do this on his behalf.

i for one echo your sentiments.

ivegotalobon
10-14-2010, 04:08 PM
i think the honorable gentleman has had his game on pause for the past 24 hours by the looks of it waiting for one of us gimps to do this on his behalf.

i for one echo your sentiments.

So there is not a chance that someone has already done it and can give a simple answer?

OctagonQontrol
10-14-2010, 04:22 PM
So there is not a chance that someone has already done it and can give a simple answer?
Why not quit out your career, start a GP from the main menu (at least 20% distance) and find out?

Depending on the settings, you will have a blowout before reaching the finish.

ian333333
10-14-2010, 10:27 PM
posted elsewhere ive done it in carreer mode an u get a dsq when u start the last lap of the race

uaeakuma
10-15-2010, 02:58 PM
DSQ u must do it
its like the real F1

kiewitcity
10-17-2010, 11:33 AM
disqualified .... only rain dont need a pitstop..

flashbangandy
10-19-2010, 09:27 AM
posted elsewhere ive done it in carreer mode an u get a dsq when u start the last lap of the race

This just happened to me lol. My question is - how do you change them? I assumed that when i pitted in mid race, the team would automatically change them over??

f1ferrari
10-19-2010, 09:31 AM
did you change your starting tyres, there is a bug that when u change tyre type but not via race strategy.
Say you start on primes, then the stop is for options, and you changed it to options, if the strategy had not been changed they might put options on again by mistake. best to always change tyre selection in race strategy before you begin, In the WET this rule does not apply.

flashbangandy
10-19-2010, 09:43 AM
did you change your starting tyres, there is a bug that when u change tyre type but not via race strategy.
Say you start on primes, then the stop is for options, and you changed it to options, if the strategy had not been changed they might put options on again by mistake. best to always change tyre selection in race strategy before you begin, In the WET this rule does not apply.

forgive me for coming accross as a complet thicko but ive only had about an hours playtime - where is the race strategy option?

f1ferrari
10-19-2010, 09:49 AM
It's ok don't worry, before you start the race your sitting in your car, view left and select tyres, then at the bottom is race strategy. just make your changes and away you go, (it also tells you the approximate life of the tyres. but this is dependant on your driving).

flashbangandy
10-19-2010, 10:04 AM
It's ok don't worry, before you start the race your sitting in your car, view left and select tyres, then at the bottom is race strategy. just make your changes and away you go, (it also tells you the approximate life of the tyres. but this is dependant on your driving).

Thanks mate, i'll take a look when I get home, I take it I can choose when I'm pitting etc in there aswell then?

f1ferrari
10-19-2010, 10:49 AM
Thanks mate, i'll take a look when I get home, I take it I can choose when I'm pitting etc in there aswell then?

Yes mate you do, if you have a problem with the AI i.e getting stuck, adjust the pit stop to minimise this until the patch.

flashbangandy
10-19-2010, 11:18 AM
Yes mate you do, if you have a problem with the AI i.e getting stuck, adjust the pit stop to minimise this until the patch.

excellent, thanks mate.