PDA

View Full Version : the drum training is glitchy

osakamitsu
10-13-2010, 04:00 PM
its really annoying. You will play a part and get 100% and it makes the sound and brings the greenish 100% sign up and doesnt give you credit every once is a while. Ive had to restart a bunch of times and go back to the main menu and reload everything for it to work. Sometimes that doesnt even work. This has happened 10 plus times and im only about less than half way through the training.

Daniel55645
10-13-2010, 04:29 PM
its really annoying. You will play a part and get 100% and it makes the sound and brings the greenish 100% sign up and doesnt give you credit every once is a while.

how have you already played the game and are on the leaderboards?

ponypo2001
10-13-2010, 05:48 PM
how have you already played the game and are on the leaderboards?

Do you really need to ask? Around ten people got it early from the shops till Harmonix stopped all orders going out early (that was according to MGC and the Rock Band forums). It leaked 3 days ago on the interwebs. Do the math.

osakamitsu
10-13-2010, 05:49 PM
what she said. Im not on the leader boards yet since I havent signed into live.

TwistedFate
10-13-2010, 07:06 PM
what he said. Im not on the leader boards yet since I havent signed into live.

#1 What SHE said.

#2 Don't expect sympathy from us when you are playing a pirated copy. The code in question is cut and paste and has been used in multiple games, it's more likely you are doing something wrong than they've broken it from the last time they used it.

DragoonXD
10-13-2010, 07:10 PM
If you overhit (hit a pad/kick pedal when there isn't a note), it will not give you credit for completing it. You must get 100% without "breaking combo".

If that isn't your problem, then I have no idea what's wrong.

osakamitsu
10-13-2010, 07:24 PM
im not here for sympathy lol

And I am assuming you work at harmonix as a programmer if your going to tell me the code is the same as before. I also never said I had a pirated copy. You seem to assume a lot very quickly.

If you over hit its says 100% but it doesnt give you the chime or have that greenish color to it.

So no. Its glitchy.

TwistedFate
10-13-2010, 08:52 PM
And I am assuming you work at harmonix as a programmer if your going to tell me the code is the same as before.

No, but I do work as a programmer and I know the game industry. Nobody is going to rewrite working, tested code they don't have to with publisher deadlines looming.

I also never said I had a pirated copy. You seem to assume a lot very quickly.

You never said you had a legitimate copy either. Still haven't said you have a legit copy. You can argue semantics all you want, but you aren't the first person to try to be ambiguous. Every time a big game is released to the internet early the boards flood with people saying they have a legit copy within a day or two. You aren't the first, you won't be the last, and they all act the same way "Maybe if I don't say anything definite, nobody will catch on."

You said "what he said" in reference to an earlier post. If you had a legit copy you would have spoken up and said that you were one of the lucky ones to get your copy early. You didn't, and tried to be subtle about it meaning you were referencing the comment about the game being on the internet. Plus you haven't signed onto Live, which is a big indicator that you have game illegally and are scared of getting banned because of it.

I assume a lot because if it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's safe bet that's it is, in fact, a duck.

osakamitsu
10-13-2010, 09:59 PM
yeah and every time a game is released early to a few people those people go to the boards too. Only I didnt come here bragging. I came her to say that the drum trainer is glitchy. My copy is real. Thank you amazon. I get a lot of my pre orders from them really early. For that I ALWAYS pre order from them. But that doesnt matter. And who cares if you work as a programmer. Big deal you can string a bunch of numbers, letters and symbols together. Good for you. You know nothing about how its put together unless you worked on it. You havent even played it. So how do you know its the same? Its set up differently. And yes... its programmed differently because of the pro drums. There are 2 different sections for the drum training. Normal rock band drums where the cymbals are the same as the toms and another where they are all separate.. And last I check the cymbals were not part of rock band 1 or 2.... but you knew that cause your a programmer. you just sound bitter because I have played it. lol whatever. I have better things to do than argue with you here... like play more rock band 3. peace out trout. Im going to have fun.

and no i dont need to hurry up and say that I have a legit copy. cause whats the first thing the next 25 posts say.... pics or it didnt happen. Im not about to try to prove anything to a bunch of text on a computer. What a waste of time that is.

TwistedFate
10-13-2010, 11:21 PM
Big deal you can string a bunch of numbers, letters and symbols together. Good for you. You know nothing about how its put together unless you worked on it.

It is a big deal. It means I know how software is made and you don't. That immediately makes me more qualified to discuss it knowledgeably than you. No, I don't know specific details, but I know how software development works, and I can tell you that completely recoding working sections isn't done. Enhanced, yes. Bugs removed, yes. Thrown out and recoded from scratch, no.

You havent even played it.You don't know this.

So how do you know its the same? Its set up differently. And yes... its programmed differently because of the pro drums. There are 2 different sections for the drum training. Normal rock band drums where the cymbals are the same as the toms and another where they are all separate.. And last I check the cymbals were not part of rock band 1 or 2....but you knew that cause your a programmer. There is no difference between a Pro drum chart and a normal drum chart. They are the same chart. This is proven by the fact that HMX has said so, and that Cymbal parts have been in the DLC files since before RB2 was released. What separates it is how the data is read and displayed. The difference between displaying and tracking Pro drum charts and normal drum charts can be done in just a couple of lines of code, not an entirely new system. Even the mechanics for reading the cymbals properly has been in the game since RB2. Freestyle mode knew the difference between pad and cymbal hits, so yes, cymbals actually were a part of RB2.

But that is not really the issue, the part you are complaining about being glitchy isn't even tied to Pro/Normal modes, it's the part that checks your completion and saves the progress. This part has had no need to be changed since RB2. See above about not recoding working code. But you don't need to be a programmer to know that, it's common sense.

and no i dont need to hurry up and say that I have a legit copy. cause whats the first thing the next 25 posts say.... pics or it didnt happen. Im not about to try to prove anything to a bunch of text on a computer. What a waste of time that is. No you don't have to prove it, and I didn't ask you to. I don't care either way. I gave my opinion that you are playing a pirated copy, and pretty much everything you have said or done has merely reinforced that belief.

osakamitsu
10-14-2010, 12:23 AM
........................ lol

NathAttack
10-14-2010, 02:38 AM
Several paragraphs of awesome

Checkmate.

You guys would not BELIEVE how hard I've been trying to find a retailer that has broken the street date down here in Australia with no luck. I envy the lucky ones who got the game early -- Not the pirates though.

Anyway, I'll let you know when I do get the game on the 21st (AUS release date, we're getting something early for once!), but I am willing to bet a number of valuable possessions that it's not glitched at all. You/your kit is probably overhitting.

TwistedFate
10-14-2010, 02:59 AM
Anyway, I'll let you know when I do get the game on the 21st (AUS release date, we're getting something early for once!), but I am willing to bet a number of valuable possessions that it's not glitched at all. You/your kit is probably overhitting.

You guys deserve it early after getting screwed on RB1&2. Enjoy it.

No, he is right that it won't give you credit for the complete if you over hit, but I had the same problem as him with RB2. First time I tried it, it didn't save my progress as I expected it to, and I lost 23 completes. It wasn't a glitch, though, it was me not backing out properly so it could save my progress. The system worked like it was supposed to, it just didn't work like I thought it should.

ll Mr Bubbles ll
10-14-2010, 06:12 AM
i managed to get it early ... (accuse me of piracy if you want ) but my dad is a manager at a game store lol but its obvious they know some people have it early as on th news feed across the bottom it says * So somehow you got the game early ? dont get used to being at the top spot on the leaderboard as we may reset scores on release date *