PDA

View Full Version : Against All Odds

abspur
10-13-2010, 04:01 PM
Can anyone give me any advice on getting this frustating achievement. I have followed various strategies and always race with easy AI.

Getting from 24th to 6th is relatively easy but from then the AI's lap times start to reduce dramatically which I can't respond to. I managed a 1.30.56 round Istanbul and Hamilton in 1st did a 1.27.53!

I went flawlessly round the track and it keeps on being a repeated occurrence on every attempt I do.

Is there anyway round this?

mark21667
10-13-2010, 04:11 PM
Start a 20% GP at Monza in clear weather. Choose McLaren. Have everything on easy (race with brake assist off if you need to). Skip qualifying so you are 24th on the grid. Start the race on option tyres with the fastest engineer set up. Blow off all pit stop requeststs. Pit at the end of the penulimate lap making sure to change to prime tyres. If you keep the car on the track, you should win easily even with brake assist on.

xLMx1994
10-13-2010, 04:21 PM
just do a one lap race and qualy on easy (change assists) skip qualy so you start 24th. you should easily be able to get them all on one lap if you do it on a track where the AI arent that good. i did mine on melbourne. got into 1st place before the end of the first sector, which is less than 30 seconds into the lap.

goofyvillain
10-13-2010, 05:39 PM
I've just done this on Easy, round Monza with Lewis Hamilton in 3 laps with braking assists on. Started the race and moved onto the right side of the track for the first bend, coming out of bends there, I was already up to 9th. Was quick enough to catch everybody else up and pass them by the first bend on the 2nd lap. The long straights are pretty helpful as you can pick up a lot of speed there and pass cars easier then on other tracks.

f1ferrari
10-13-2010, 09:19 PM
1 lap monza, no problems at all.

abspur
10-13-2010, 11:52 PM
Thanks for all your advice. I have now got it by doing 3 laps on Australia and the AI seemed to be slower than before which obviously helped.