PDA

View Full Version : Muliplayer = Spawn Camping Sniperfest

BegFourMercy
10-13-2010, 04:17 PM
Every mode I played last night had major spawn camping with sniper just waiting for you. How is this fun? You can not pick your spawn. Why did they not fix this from the beta.

Even the other classes can just sit outside the spawn zone and pick you off. Your only chance is if two spawn at once and they shoot the other guy.

No game in 2010 and one should ever have this problem.

NOT FUN.

Pyrochaos
10-13-2010, 04:44 PM
Quit playing team death match then and play one of the objective based game modes. Snipers hardly ever take the objectives.

BegFourMercy
10-13-2010, 05:20 PM
Quit playing team death match then and play one of the objective based game modes. Snipers hardly ever take the objectives.

It is all the game types. In the objective games, 80% of the team just sat back and shot at the other team as they spawn. You do not get many points for taking the objective. You do not get points for winning or losing. Or a sniper is waiting for anyone to walk to the objective to snipe them. Bam.

Be warned.

Jarimy123
10-13-2010, 05:23 PM
Were you camping? Because every game I played in the snipers got owned. If you rush around the map as a team you absolutely wreck the other team. It's a game that encourages running around the map shooting, not camping. It's refreshing. Maybe it's just the games you were in, but all the games I was in hardly anyone was sniping because the snipers would get absolutely wrecked because they would have 4-5 enemies rushing them. The other team never had a chance to spawn camp because we were rushing around the map killing them. Maybe you got on a bad team.

SOTG Ace
10-13-2010, 05:43 PM
Yeah probably just a bad team bro. I do a little of both, sniping and run n' gunning. I have enough respect not to go into the spawn but I will snipe a spawn door. You might want to through a smoke, wait a sec, then run. Keep trying, get to know the maps and it will get easier. Oh also, play hardcore so you dont have to use a whole clip to kill them.

Pointblank25
10-13-2010, 06:02 PM
Were you camping? Because every game I played in the snipers got owned. If you rush around the map as a team you absolutely wreck the other team. It's a game that encourages running around the map shooting, not camping. It's refreshing. Maybe it's just the games you were in, but all the games I was in hardly anyone was sniping because the snipers would get absolutely wrecked because they would have 4-5 enemies rushing them. The other team never had a chance to spawn camp because we were rushing around the map killing them. Maybe you got on a bad team.
I agree with Jarimy123..you have got to keep moving and in mass. The snipers get overwhelmed unless they're greatly defended. I suspect there wasn't much cooperation happening in your group. Luck of the Quick Match game. Hopefully, your next group is better. :)

Nitewalkar
10-13-2010, 06:14 PM
i agree. DICE dropped the ball with MOH - MP and created maps and situations that basically promote everyone camping and sniping

Jarimy123
10-13-2010, 06:14 PM
Yea I wasn't trying to accuse you of camping, I just noticed in my couple hours of play time that the game is sort of like Halo where you can't really camp.

You need to always keep moving, and it's best to move in groups. I noticed the group thing a lot because I managed to land on a team where like 5 of us where moving together and we just absolutely ruled the other team.

I think a lot of people's opinions on this game will benefit if they go into it realizing that it isn't Call of Duty, it isn't Battlefield, and it isn't Halo. It's almost a mixture of all of them together. It has similar weapon looks to BFBC2, the run and gun feel of CODM2/WAW plus with killstreaks, and has a really frenetic pace like Halo.

I'm undecided if this combo is going to lead to me liking the game a lot, but from my few hours of play I started to get the feel for what the game is and could be.

ll Mr Bubbles ll
10-13-2010, 06:31 PM
i hate the fact that spawns dont move or you cant choose .

Scenario ... a guy sits with his sniper scope on our spawn as soon as you spawn you die , then the game allows him to call in mortar strikes etc on our spawn taking out the whole team in one ? which of course then he gets missile strike etc... annoying. .. very annoying . Also when you shoot a guy with m16 for example you get hit markers even when hitting the head yet they snipe you once while your shooting them and YOU die :'( . Rant over. :)

Jarimy123
10-13-2010, 06:57 PM
Man I just haven't seen the snipe/spawn camping. Maybe I just got awfully lucky in my 2.5 hours of play last night. There were times I got sniped, but I never got sniped multiple times in a row, especially when I spawned. Now if I spawned and walked right back to the same spot of course I'd get sniped again. But I was having a fun time running around blasting people, especially campers. I love how knifing is easier than BFBC2. It's not CODMW2 level, but it's easier than BF was for sure.

XxXMcdougalXxX
10-13-2010, 07:02 PM
yeah medal of honor is a good game and the sniper that was probably a bad game.

VELVETxASSASSIN
10-13-2010, 07:08 PM
unfortunately i've been apart of the sniping campfest since my 1st multiplayer map n i put about 8hrs of gameplay in. im a run n gunner by nature so whenever i attempt 2 leave the spawn im sniped almost immediately. its annoying as hell. i like the game but its getting hard 2 enjoy when i can barely make it half way across the map b4 dying.:mad: oh well i guess if u cant beat them join 'em.:uzi:

nubdge
10-13-2010, 07:17 PM
Man these guys saying this game is good,and that it doesnt allow you to snipe and camp!!! I dont know,maybe i was in a terrible spawn killing,sniper camping killfest every game i played,but i was getting ripped by snipers in my spawn on a regular,sometimes i can get out there and do ok for a bit,but then ill get killed 2-3 times in a row again by spawn snipers,was looking forward to this,hope the campaign is good!!!

jung4ever
10-13-2010, 07:28 PM
Same happened to me many times. I also got killed by mortars and missle attacks many times at the spawn. I also believe that it's supposed to be a team strategy game (like Bad co. 2) and the teams I were on, nobody talked or worked together.

GamingEconomist
10-13-2010, 07:34 PM
today i played with some guys and at one point everybody was doing clown stuff because they were fed up :-)

That was actually pretty funny

upindat
10-13-2010, 09:10 PM
I am sure the will fix this in a update. Same thing happened on BF2. FU spawn campers!!!

blee717
10-13-2010, 09:11 PM
I only see a sniperfest in Combat Mission. I've been pretty lucky with only a handful of them.

ConfusedGeek
10-13-2010, 09:12 PM
they need to give you point for winning and more points for getting the objectives.

most of my pins are from getting objectives in the game. it seems that this is an after thought for most teams i was on last night.

15 cant get here soon enuf.

Tha Mantis
10-13-2010, 09:42 PM
i agree. DICE dropped the ball with MOH - MP and created maps and situations that basically promote everyone camping and sniping

I agree this game is plagued with camping, especially in objective games. But thats what happens when you have a MW2 style streak system, and an achievement for using them all. Battlefield 3 can't come quick enough, I KNOW they will their shit together on that one.

Der Nacho
10-13-2010, 10:05 PM
Man I just haven't seen the snipe/spawn camping. Maybe I just got awfully lucky in my 2.5 hours of play last night. There were times I got sniped, but I never got sniped multiple times in a row, especially when I spawned. Now if I spawned and walked right back to the same spot of course I'd get sniped again. But I was having a fun time running around blasting people, especially campers. I love how knifing is easier than BFBC2. It's not CODMW2 level, but it's easier than BF was for sure.

It's funny, I think knifing is such a nightmare, mainly cause you have to press the right stick down, to use, but it's so sensitive, I'll whip it ou when I'm in the middle of a firefight. It happened several times. This happened a lot in both Modern Warfares. Aggrivating. I hope there is a way to change the button or at least decrease sensitivity.

Numbthumb
10-13-2010, 10:20 PM
I think that part of it is definitely luck of the draw, both in quality/make up of your team and the play styles of the opposing team.

But without a doubt this is something that is already prevalent enough to be troublesome. I played every single mode last night, four or five matches per mode and I encountered this a bunch on certain maps. If a team hemmed you in you'd spawn and get shot in second. Or, vice versa - a team was easy to dominate the exact same way.

It's a flaw that needs some fixing and it is reminiscent of Battlefield day one - so I expect it's nothing to worry about.

nugletman
10-13-2010, 11:15 PM
the multiplayer is broken. you have spawn camping snipers. they wanted a "real life" feel to the game? im sorry but just because you die from 2 bullets instead of 60 does not qualify it as "real life." once i finish getting the obtainable achievements, im taking this game back. and i dont care if they make the uber-god patch, they have lost a customer. they should have had all these problems fixed before release. that is what the beta is for. EA and DICE can go suck an egg.

Venomized
10-13-2010, 11:26 PM
Every mode I played last night had major spawn camping with sniper just waiting for you. How is this fun? You can not pick your spawn. Why did they not fix this from the beta.

Even the other classes can just sit outside the spawn zone and pick you off. Your only chance is if two spawn at once and they shoot the other guy.

NOT FUN.

What gametype are you playing? Change gametypes

ShadyShall
10-13-2010, 11:34 PM
i hate the fact that spawns dont move or you cant choose .

Scenario ... a guy sits with his sniper scope on our spawn as soon as you spawn you die , then the game allows him to call in mortar strikes etc on our spawn taking out the whole team in one ? which of course then he gets missile strike etc... annoying. .. very annoying . Also when you shoot a guy with m16 for example you get hit markers even when hitting the head yet they snipe you once while your shooting them and YOU die :'( . Rant over. :)

COMPLETELY agree 100%. This is the only thing I find bad about multiplayer... That and the fact that a sniper class encourages/enables snipers (which I can't stand)

Otherwise: no prone is great because it does limit your cover forcing you to be a better player. This is going to be a game that most will avoid after the achievements have been grabbed, which is fine... but in the meantime the trick is to find good players and/or play with friends.

This is way more challenging and other than exploiting glitches or other bullshit MW2 maneuvers. You have to stay moving and you have to be quick.

Unfortunately, I was playing the other night and NO ONE was talking so we couldn't move as a team... but then I got on a game with friends and it was way better. Had a lot of fun and ranked up a few times very easily.

bottom line: better than MW2 in the fact that it's not for r-tards who abuse multiplayer defaults to be pricks, but also better than wolfensteins MP and I think better than BIO2's as well.

At least with this, I don't envision a lot of shitty juveniles ruining the game... they'll all go back to MW2 until BO comes out...

If anyone is looking for a good player, feel free to hit me up... again, key is finding good people to play with and not playing with douchebags...

BegFourMercy
10-14-2010, 12:35 AM
You say move as a team, but in 30 matches, no one talks or wants to be a team. They just want to snipe while you get mowed down trying to get the objectives.

Inked and Pierced
10-14-2010, 01:22 AM

NOT FUN.

I completely agree. the problem is the game but also the players are all cheap...trying to get their k/d up. like it matters anyways with halo reach out and black ops right around the corner. i blame the players.

Dz06lt
10-14-2010, 01:32 AM
Im glad to hear that the sniper bullshit, isnt only on the PS3. Seriously the class that seems to kill me is the snipers...

ShadyShall
10-14-2010, 01:33 AM
You say move as a team, but in 30 matches, no one talks or wants to be a team. They just want to snipe while you get mowed down trying to get the objectives.

Yup... Hence the key is finding friends to play with. I actually like how you can see and join (in a simple manner) friends that are playing. that was cool.

ConfusedGeek
10-14-2010, 01:47 AM
not a cure, but makes it better? play with friends, even if they are on the other side.\

you can only have 4 players in a team?

BegFourMercy
10-14-2010, 01:48 AM
You guys are assuming that your friends have the game. That is not the case. they are still playing reach.

ShadyShall
10-14-2010, 01:56 AM
You guys are assuming that your friends have the game. That is not the case. they are still playing reach.

By that I also include some of the beter people here that don't want to play like a dickface in the game...

I have about 7 or 8 friends that picked this up... not a full game, but a good start...

QuasidodoJr
10-14-2010, 07:47 AM
Certain maps in certain play modes can turn out like the OP described and there's no way to properly fight against, whether everyone wants to admit it or not. I agree that it mostly occurs in Team Assault. But it probably wouldn't happen as often as it does if the devs had not attached points to the Fire Controller achievement and dispensed those points elsewhere. Killstreaks already turned MW2 into a camping crapfest. And an achievement that requires getting enough kills and score for the highest level of killstreak only encourages camping even more.

It's pretty bad, and I hope they'll find a workaround with a patch sometime in the near future.

Mikey1610
10-14-2010, 09:23 AM
I had these problems in the Beta, dying and getting sniped as soon as you re-spawn in the same spot. It's dumb as fuck and I can't believe they've not sorted it. And not having a kill / death cam looks really annoying, I want to be able to know who killed me and where they were.

Dusk X2
10-14-2010, 09:41 AM

NOT FUN.

I totally agree. This game has a terrible Multiplayer feel to it. Unbalanced classes, shitty spawn points, and NO ONE is talking -probably because they are all so frustrated. ... I've played about over 3 hours now and it is only getting worse as everyone figures out the angles to snipe from.

I've been on winning and losing teams but one thing I have also noticed is there is never a fair fight. The winning team always CRUSHES the competition. I think that evidences the kill streak rewards are just too damn big a cannon to a pea shooter fight. I feel bad for DICE, they know how to put together a good game theyve done it plenty, this is embarising for them.