PDA

View Full Version : It takes a village...out

psychoticpeople
10-13-2010, 04:21 PM
After about two hours of trying to do this i finally gave up and went to finish the main story, so i beat it on hard blah blah blah long story short i went back after i had beaten the game and the achievement unlocked my first try so for those of you having trouble just beat the game and then go back to it.
Now only the stupid ass online achievements to go two hours of objective raid how fun.

upindat
10-13-2010, 05:22 PM
Thanks. I had the same problem. I dont think that u need to destroy them all in one playthrough. Hope so beacause i am fixing to try it. Did you just restart the level or the whole game?? Thanks for the info

scrummers
10-14-2010, 12:39 AM
Yeah same thing for me tried like 25 times and was certain i destroyed all the buildings. So i beat the level saved and restated and it popped second time around for me.

Psymon
10-14-2010, 05:54 AM
Same thing here. I was destroying the entire place on hard. After 30 tries, I decided to switch to easy just to see if it would work. Destroying about half the town on that difficulty got it for me. The achievement is glitchy. Thankfully it's attainable though.

Aprosa
10-14-2010, 06:02 AM
it was glitchy for me to! but it did not help to restart the level after the campaign, so i installed the game onto the harddisk and retried, it popped up well before completing the objectives! strange!

Balc0ra
10-14-2010, 05:20 PM
Well not done a second run on it yet. But some pepole say it stacks. So do one run. Finish the mission. Then do it again. Most ppl say they got it when they did it the second time during the first attack after just a few buildings.

Restarting the mission all the time did not work. A friend of mine says thats how he got it to.

Kirby006
10-15-2010, 01:19 AM
Its strange that you guys are saying that you got it in 2 trys. I'm currently playing it on Hard on my 1st try and Just got it LITERALLY like 20 seconds ago. I was careful on what and where i hit. I shot the enemies on the floor but was doing a wide burst shot trying to get multiple buildings and it just popped up after "HAWK" confirms that its an Ammo dump:boom:uzi:

Venomized
10-15-2010, 01:21 AM
The achievement is accumlative. Or at least that is what I experienced and many others have.

Balc0ra
10-15-2010, 01:25 AM
Yeah I got it on my 2nd go. After a few buildings. First time when I was done, I noticed some of the building had a few walls standing when we where flying away, or 1 of the walls was up. Not sure if it counts unless you completly destroy it.

But you have to complete the mission it seems. Or it wont count if you restart all the time.

[ Vehemence ]
10-15-2010, 02:24 PM
The achievement is accumlative. Or at least that is what I experienced and many others have.

After my first playthrough on hard, I know I destroyed everything in my path. Not a single wall was left untouched. I loaded the checkpoint and it unlocked just as I made my first pass around the village. It actually popped before being shot at by the RPG. I don't think that there 30 building in the whole village, so it must be accumulative.

UrbanMedium
10-15-2010, 02:36 PM
I got this on the first playthrough in one attempt on Hard difficulty, i just sent rockets and bullets flying at every building i could see and it popped up near the end so it is achievable on one playthrough. Destroy, destroy and destroy some more!!

Boosta
10-15-2010, 04:24 PM
I got this on the first playthrough in one attempt on Hard difficulty, i just sent rockets and bullets flying at every building i could see and it popped up near the end so it is achievable on one playthrough. Destroy, destroy and destroy some more!!

This.

I don't know why people claim achievements are glitchy when they don't get it.

AgEnT STARZz
10-16-2010, 02:23 PM
I completed it on hard and destroyed everything and didnt get it! So after completing the story i come back to it on easy and destroyed everything again a few times and still no achievement!

Noa06
10-16-2010, 05:28 PM
This achievement is accumulative and you cant get it in one try. Also I don't think easy counts so just try normal. btw reloading the checkpoint also doesn't work. You have to finish the mission and then start again.

AgEnT STARZz
10-16-2010, 08:05 PM
This achievement is accumulative and you cant get it in one try. Also I don't think easy counts so just try normal. btw reloading the checkpoint also doesn't work. You have to finish the mission and then start again.

OK ill try this and i have been completing the mission after

Tha Mantis
10-16-2010, 08:24 PM
You CAN restart checkpoint I didn't get this one right away, I just reloaded the checkpoint and tried again. Got it on my second attempt before I finished the level. You just to make sure to hit EVERYTHING, theres a small tent and some boxes to the lower right hand corner of where you can aim, I KNOW I missed it the first time around. Also make sure you are using ONLY the 105MM gun as this is the only thing that will unlock the achievement.

XxBlueSpade2xX
10-17-2010, 11:59 AM
I'm not getting it, and I swear I nuked the entire town. FUCK.

Bebe Buell
10-17-2010, 12:14 PM
It is possible to get it in one go! I saw the RoosterTeeth video where Geoff says it is accumulative, but I'm so good I got it on my first playthrough on Hard! I just blew up everything I saw, and then it unlocked :D

lostanfoundit
10-18-2010, 12:36 AM
Well this stupid achievement was the last one for me and it took me 2 times on hard and 3 times on easy blowing what looked like every building and wall up.
Went through the level each time and finally maybe half way through the 3rd easy run it popped.

Dz06lt
10-18-2010, 12:50 AM
i dunno i got it the first time i played the mission today on normal, it was a breeze just spam rockets at the buildings