PDA

View Full Version : F1 2010 Career Question

lenny m
10-13-2010, 07:16 PM
When it says you have 8 allocations of engines per season, does it do it autmatically or do you have to do it manually. if you do it manually, I have been using the same engine all season. If not, how do i change engine?

Thanks

OctagonQontrol
10-13-2010, 07:40 PM
You can change engines in the garage, I think... Go to the setup screen for you car to allocate which engine you want to use.

In lower difficulty, it rotates engines automatically.

xLMx1994
10-13-2010, 07:50 PM
You can change engines in the garage, I think... Go to the setup screen for you car to allocate which engine you want to use.

In lower difficulty, it rotates engines automatically.

the engines change automatically on expert to. im playing on expert and they change every couple of races.

f1ferrari
10-13-2010, 09:36 PM
Manage your engines.
You will be allocated your next best engine, which sometimes might be the one you used previously, however try and save engines for important races where you need the top end speed, use worn out engines on slower tracks and also use them in practice. remember 8 engines have to last the whole season, it's down to you how you manage that to ensure peak performance.
Screaming your engine all the time wears them faster. try to ensure you change gear at peak time rather than screaming.
Also note it takes one practise session to change an engine, you can participate then change toward the end, so as to get the best running time. I think you can only change engines during practice as well, but then I have note tried changing them at any other times.
When you go to your monitor and set-up, you'll see engines and it will give you the wear on each one. currently I am race 9, I have 90% 91% 93% and 96% the other 4 are 100%
Good luck.