PDA

View Full Version : What teams have you enjoyed driving for most in career?

xLMx1994
10-13-2010, 08:02 PM
In career mode what teams have you enjoyed driving for most? i have only driven for lotus, force india (and then got corrupt file, started with lotus again) and am now with mercedes. i have to say mercedes is my favourite team of the 3. i just feel so in control of the car compared to the lotus, its much more enjoyable to drive, and its winning me the WDC by over 50 points just after spa which i won. lots of breathing space over the last few races. expert chevo should be mine soon :woop:

defiant4eva
10-13-2010, 09:48 PM
In career mode what teams have you enjoyed driving for most? i have only driven for lotus, force india (and then got corrupt file, started with lotus again) and am now with mercedes. i have to say mercedes is my favourite team of the 3. i just feel so in control of the car compared to the lotus, its much more enjoyable to drive, and its winning me the WDC by over 50 points just after spa which i won. lots of breathing space over the last few races. expert chevo should be mine soon :woop:

Call me a Mclaren fanboy if you want. That was the team I was aiming for and happy as a pig in s*** now that am there. There are minor diffrences in the different team cars, but a quick mess around with the setup and there all the same.

I do wish there was a different engineer with each team. Instead of this stupidly annoying Jordie, that gives you no real data.:mad:

OctagonQontrol
10-13-2010, 09:50 PM
Switched from Force India to Red Bull; can't seen to get even a decent quali now... :(

Ow well, need to push harder :)

FATCRAZYDUDE
10-14-2010, 06:44 AM
I do wish there was a different engineer with each team. Instead of this stupidly annoying Jordie, that gives you no real data.:mad:

lol ur right:drunk

FATCRAZYDUDE
10-14-2010, 06:51 AM
got to be ferrari but my game corurpted :mad: now im at torro rosso which are pretty good leading wc after wining every race so far apart from monaco now im at velencia with 8 wins

pdean52
10-14-2010, 08:40 AM
Switched from Force India to Red Bull; can't seen to get even a decent quali now... :(

Ow well, need to push harder :)

oh no. i've just won WC in my 1st season with virgin and literally last night accepted a contract with red bull........

i'll be stepping up the difficulty next season - last thing i wanted to hear was that the car is a pig. i've found when doing individual grand prix that the top team's cars are much easier to drive and smoother through corners than that of the lower teams. i had figured that red bull would make my career drive more of a pleasure.

and on the point about race engineer i always think it's rob smedley - felipe massa's race engineer. very annoying that it's him in your ear wherever you go. would be great to have some jonathan legard/martin brundle race commentary included for F1 2011.

:)

Steve635z
10-14-2010, 09:20 AM
would be great to have some jonathan legard/martin brundle race commentary included for F1 2011.

:)

No it wouldn't Jonathan Legard is possibly the worst commentator ever

pdean52
10-14-2010, 09:34 AM

agreed - i was kind of implying that it would give it more a recognisable commentary and narration feel over rob smedley's annoying information and encouragement rather than stating that jonathan legard is a good F1 commentator.

flashbangandy
10-14-2010, 12:56 PM
could someone help me please?
picked up this game last night, started career mode and opted to drive for Virgin, seeing as I work for them lol, however, I cannot even get better than last place on the grid? is this because i have chosen to drive for a crappy team?

pdean52
10-14-2010, 01:01 PM
anything's possible with the right team on this game - it all depends on the settings. have you touched them at all? i've just won the WC with virgin with 4 races to spare in the championship in my first season of career mode.

make sure your braking assist is off - this will make a lot of difference for starters. from there you can tweak the settings as you see fit and to match your driving ability. my in game driving ability is not great so i play with abs and tcs on, braking assist off and racing line on for corners only. also AI is on easy currently.

with these settings you should find the car a little more competitive - provided you know the track layouts. make sure to get full use of practise sessions before hitting qualifying and race.

enjoy - this is a great game. don't give up based on your intial experience!!

;)

ansotica
10-14-2010, 03:41 PM
I had an intersting season with Force India, better then expected.

defiant4eva
10-14-2010, 06:32 PM

I love listening to Brundle on sat and sun. You can listen to him almost disagree with nearly everything Legard says. I am waiting for the day, Brundle turns around and says "what are you doing here. Reallly, we couldn't find anyone else" bring back M Walker :)

FATCRAZYDUDE
10-14-2010, 09:14 PM
oh no. i've just won WC in my 1st season with virgin and literally last night accepted a contract with red bull........

i'll be stepping up the difficulty next season - last thing i wanted to hear was that the car is a pig. i've found when doing individual grand prix that the top team's cars are much easier to drive and smoother through corners than that of the lower teams. i had figured that red bull would make my career drive more of a pleasure.

its no t ive driveen it for two races and set double pole and 2 wins but then the game corrupted for the second time :mad:

pdean52
10-15-2010, 12:14 PM
its no t ive driveen it for two races and set double pole and 2 wins but then the game corrupted for the second time :mad:

that's good to hear - the car performs well that is. not that you've had a corrupted save.

defiant4eva
10-15-2010, 01:02 PM
I have noticed it is only in higher difficulties that you feel the difference in the cars.

Time trial does not have fuel or tyre sim on, so the cars will drive very different to career mode.

FATCRAZYDUDE
10-15-2010, 05:27 PM
that's good to hear - the car performs well that is. not that you've had a corrupted save.

thanks man:)

OctagonQontrol
10-15-2010, 05:51 PM
Red Bull is a pig.

Just done 5 races on Expert mode; it's hard enough to quali decently and then the AI runs off like a madman.

Example: Catalunya (bad track), done a 1:20 in the Red Bull in Time Trial, not managing better than 1:23:5 in Career... Teammate: 1:21. McLaren: even faster.

Gonna switch over to Medium mode, finish triple WDC, gonna do the 7 season stint and sign up with McLaren or Ferrari to do Expert again.

pined5551
10-18-2010, 11:58 AM

Yeah, and any info he does give is completely wrong. 'Vettle's 5 seconds ahead' (when he is actually more like half a seconds and has been for 10 laps haha. Thick shite he is, wish you could turn him off, lol.

LFC2K6
10-18-2010, 04:01 PM
Yeah, and any info he does give is completely wrong. 'Vettle's 5 seconds ahead' (when he is actually more like half a seconds and has been for 10 laps haha. Thick shite he is, wish you could turn him off, lol.
You leave him alone! He makes doing well even more awesome.
I even love it when he says "Brilliant overtaking manouver!" when the other guy is sitting in the pits :D

Snowwwwy
10-19-2010, 04:13 AM
Redbull for sure :) Awesome cars for a team thats named after a drink :p