PDA

View Full Version : Incoming RRoD?

DocRevolt
10-13-2010, 10:59 PM
I've had some serious luck, managing to avoid getting the RRoD my entire time with an Xbox (I've had it since January 2007 I belive). It's lasted me a good long time, but suddenly I've been getting the univerally terrifying freezes, where the screen makes weird screeching sounds, the game itself freezes, and the graphics degenerate to static-filled globs. I've experienced them three times in a three day period now (once on Monday, twice this afternoon) and I'm starting to wonder if I should start saving up money for a new console. This baby has lasted me over three years, and as such my RRoD warranty is gone (it only lasts three years I believe). So should I brace for impact, or is there something I can do to save Old Faithful?

EliteShadowMan
10-13-2010, 11:01 PM
I've had some serious luck, managing to avoid getting the RRoD my entire time with an Xbox (I've had it since January 2007 I belive). It's lasted me a good long time, but suddenly I've been getting the univerally terrifying freezes, where the screen makes weird screeching sounds, the game itself freezes, and the graphics degenerate to static-filled globs. I've experienced them three times in a three day period now (once on Monday, twice this afternoon) and I'm starting to wonder if I should start saving up money for a new console. This baby has lasted me over three years, and as such my RRoD warranty is gone (it only lasts three years I believe). So should I brace for impact, or is there something I can do to save Old Faithful?

it could be. But it also depends what games, and if it's in a cool room etc. I would save up just in case

DocRevolt
10-13-2010, 11:31 PM
it could be. But it also depends what games, and if it's in a cool room etc. I would save up just in case
My room is cold as hell. On another note it just happened again, this time on startup. I'm getting the feeling my poor Xbox is on its last leg.

EDIT: And she's gone. Just RRoD'd. God dammit.

mickspawn
10-14-2010, 12:34 AM
i was just writing my reply, definately a RROD imminent when i saw you write that it just RROD

CONKER1182
10-14-2010, 06:25 AM
If I were you I would save up money and buy a new Xbox 360.

Vigor
10-14-2010, 06:39 AM
If I were you I would save up money and buy a new Xbox 360.

If I were you, I'd loan him that money.

CONKER1182
10-14-2010, 06:42 AM
If I were you, I'd loan him that money.

He can save up his money and buy a new Xbox 360 like I did.

iBlessing 09
10-14-2010, 07:13 AM
R.I.P 2007 Xbox, was it an original?

Andreas_loel
10-14-2010, 10:17 AM
My elite gets random choke ups since a couple of days ago, i can be playing the cod mp and the screen just goes to 2fps o_O rrod inc here aswell soonish it feels like.
Luckily i got it by the start of the year so rrod warranty is still in place

Balamatrix
10-14-2010, 10:20 AM
i would check and make sure the warranty for rrod is three years after a stated time period i thought.a good option would be to send it in and pay the 100 bux to have it fixed so you ensure you wont run into the problem again.i sent mine in after it crapped out on me and i havent even had it freeze not once wince i got it back and that was 2 years ago

when mine crapped out i got a bunch of greenish scrambled pixels all over my screen i was playing gears of war 2 when it happened

also remember if you do send it in you might have to transfer your liscences to the new console.they are supposed ot do it when they fix it cause your console gets a new id number but they didnt with mine i had to do it manually on the site