PDA

View Full Version : WHO ELSE WAS LET DOWN?!? read - I FEEL ROBBED!!

SIR TRICE
10-13-2010, 11:35 PM
This is just an opinion so please dont hate, but i'd like to hear your opinions too, hopefully they're the same as mine jeeeezus...

SO I thought this game looked completely bad ass from all the screen shots, videos, gameplay, trailers, commercials, you name it!!! I went to the midnight release, come home pop this bad boy in and....

I'M SO DISAPPOINTED....

I know graphics don't make a game but god damn i've seen ps2 games that blow this out of the water...
I know the game is supposed to be dark and gritty but all the character models and environments look like complete shit...

the multiplayer is fun...for 15 mins, its soo basic...too basic...its nothing like call of duty, its nothing like halo, its nothing like battlefield... "isnt that a good thing?" well its supposed to be...if it isnt boring...

the campaign well...i mean its better then battlefields but its a damn cliche action movie, i feel like im playing call of duty and battlefield if they sucked hahaha... the weapons suck - well when i say suck i mean they are so unrealistic, you can run and shoot like halo with a 50 cal machine gun and every bullet hits dead on...

Its cool that the game is in Afghanistan which is different then all other games but it could be sooo much better..

what do you think?!!?

mattshotcha
10-13-2010, 11:44 PM
did you notice in singleplayer that almost all the characters have the same face? at one point, in the helicopter, a guy says "hey rookie switch seats with me" and they both have the same face... one has slightly more facial hair than the other... hahaha... dusty is the only one that looks completely different... someone got lazy there...

SAVE YOUR MONEY PEOPLE!!!!

SIR TRICE
10-13-2010, 11:46 PM
I hate how the AI doesnt know when to say its scripted lines...there were serval parts where i'd run ahead and kill all the enemys up there, then my AI would catch up and say "WATCH OUT DUECE...THERE'S A TON OF ENEMYS UP HERE" "WATCH BEHIND THAT CRATE" oh you mean the one i just threw a friggin grenade in and blew up the 10 guys behidn it 20 mins ago?

Atroxx70
10-13-2010, 11:49 PM
I canceled my pre-order two days after the beta came out, though I did put it on my Gamefly queue for the single player.

I think it's funny that people had pretty much the exact same complaints during the beta only to be flamed relentlessly by DICE fanboys screaming that it was just a beta and that everything would be fixed for the final release. Makes me wonder what the excuse is now.

Venomized
10-13-2010, 11:51 PM
This is just an opinion so please dont hate, but i'd like to hear your opinions too, hopefully they're the same as mine jeeeezus...

SO I thought this game looked completely bad ass from all the screen shots, videos, gameplay, trailers, commercials, you name it!!! I went to the midnight release, come home pop this bad boy in and....

I'M SO DISAPPOINTED....

I know graphics don't make a game but god damn i've seen ps2 games that blow this out of the water...
I know the game is supposed to be dark and gritty but all the character models and environments look like complete shit...

the multiplayer is fun...for 15 mins, its soo basic...too basic...its nothing like call of duty, its nothing like halo, its nothing like battlefield... "isnt that a good thing?" well its supposed to be...if it isnt boring...

the campaign well...i mean its better then battlefields but its a damn cliche action movie, i feel like im playing call of duty and battlefield if they sucked hahaha... the weapons suck - well when i say suck i mean they are so unrealistic, you can run and shoot like halo with a 50 cal machine gun and every bullet hits dead on...

Its cool that the game is in Afghanistan which is different then all other games but it could be sooo much better..

what do you think?!!?

All you are doing is comparing it to other games, instead of explaining the things that you don't like or do like about the game. So I can't agree with you.

But the few things that you actually mentioned about the game, I agree with some. I don't mind the weapons but I hate the sound.

nugletman
10-13-2010, 11:52 PM
this game was more than a letdown!! i wasted time, money, and effort, that i will never get back in full. EA and DICE really dropped the ball on this. i doubt i will ever buy another EA game, FIFA included. this just pissed me off.

kevosince85
10-14-2010, 12:27 AM
After the beta, I held off on a purchase and got it from Gamefly. As far as I can tell, nothing has changed. You didn't like the Beta you won't like this.

Atroxx70
10-14-2010, 12:34 AM
After the beta, I held off on a purchase and got it from Gamefly. As far as I can tell, nothing has changed. You didn't like the Beta you won't like this.

Christ dude how do you have it from Gamefly already?!? Takes me months for them to send me a new release.

NewfieMan709
10-14-2010, 12:35 AM
i agree i feel robbed it took me 4 hour(talking my time) to finish the game o hard. call of duty took me like 15 .i give this game a soild 4 maybe 5

Tha Mantis
10-14-2010, 12:50 AM
I feel let down in the campaign being only 4 hours long and the multiplayer is just a camp sniper fest. Every single game Ide say 6-8 people a team is sniping, where is the fun in that? Fuck snipers as they ruin this game.

Harpua191
10-14-2010, 01:22 AM
been on my gamefly Q for around 8 months. nadda i picked it up from gamestop and hope to not regret it

tehapoc
10-14-2010, 02:08 AM
Enjoying this more than Modern Warfare 2 and Halo: Reach, atleast.

gxnxr
10-14-2010, 02:32 AM
Atleast its better than that pile of overrated garbage know as halo reach. and no, its not that bad.

Iv AJay vI
10-14-2010, 02:35 AM
Played the beta, and I was disgusted at how bad it was. Final product isn't much different, sadly.

newbsicle
10-14-2010, 03:49 AM
"I know graphics don't make a game but god damn i've seen ps2 games that blow this out of the water..." It must suck being partially blind.

LOLFESTS
10-14-2010, 04:07 AM
I loved the story! I once again was a sac rider for MoH over CoD. But god damn did the MP suck. The maps are terrible. The aspect ratio looks silly for the player vs. the map size at certain distances. As much time as they had it should've BEEN PERFECT.

I will be trading this in got CoD.

xDevilDawg64x
10-14-2010, 04:30 AM
So far I am enjoying the single player and the game could use some improvement. However I am not disappointed at all by it. I am having quite a bit of fun with the multiplayer as well.

SIR TRICE
10-14-2010, 04:33 AM
"I know graphics don't make a game but god damn i've seen ps2 games that blow this out of the water..." It must suck being partially blind.

compare this game to metal gear solid 3 on ps2 and you'll see what i'm saying...

god damn, maybe medal of honor on ps1 could beat this games graphically....hahahaha

Tha Mantis
10-14-2010, 04:40 AM
After an extensive day of online, I feel completely robbed. These maps are 10 square feet and they cram 24 people in there, and they do NOTHING but camp. Not to mention theres nowhere to go, its all bottle necks, everywhere with just a sniper aiming down his sights. Same goes for the spawning system, its trash! I'm so pissed I paid for this game, its god-awful. Now I can't wait for Black Ops. Simply put, this game has no redeeming qualities to it.

seven43861
10-14-2010, 05:16 AM
Single player was good, just short. But like many others, I can't stand this multiplayer. It's exactly like the beta, as if DICE decided not to fix the problems, and just focus their attention on the Battlefield Vietnam DLC. Guess they figured it was already a lost cause, why even bother.

The multiplayer is simply broken. Horrible collision detection plagues this game. I can shoot an enemy 4 times in the face and not kill him, but if they get one shot off I die. Poor weapon selection; the fuck is the difference between a regular M16A2 and a veteran M16A2, NOTHING! could have used another weapon there instead, cheap bastards.:mad:

WORST MULTIPLAYER GAME EVER!!!!!!!

ZOMBINOX
10-14-2010, 04:33 PM
I have to agree with the graphics point you make. They are no where up to par with games that have come out even last year, let alone recent games this year. The graphics remind me of a polished version of Shellshock 2
I was very disapointed in this game

ZOMBINOX
10-14-2010, 04:44 PM

I have to disagree with you, Blind? Really? Games that have come out last year, and even two years ago blow this game away Graphics wise: MW2, RE5, CODWAW, Gears 2, Batman AA, Dead Space

Not to mention this year, Red Dead, Reach, Lost Planet 2, Alan Wake, Splinter Cell Conviction, Bioshock 2,

Need I go on???

upindat
10-14-2010, 05:53 PM
I was SUPER fired up about this game!! I think as the days go on of me playing it i am getting more and more disapointed. I LOVED BF 1 and 2 and played the shit out of them. I was pissed about how the story was sooooo short. And please tell me what the story was anyone?? Not much there!! OOOOOOOO well. Going back to playing Dead Rising 2 unitl black ops comes out!!

JuSt BLaZe
10-14-2010, 06:33 PM
OOOOOOOO well. Going back to playing Dead Rising 2 unitl black ops comes out!!

Hahaha, oh dear Warlord. The more I read stuff like that the more I dissociate myself from even RENTING the game. ;)

Have to figure it out sooner or later...

SIR TRICE
10-16-2010, 01:50 AM
i hate the weapons in this game
there is 2 different assault rifles, and 1 lmg....then you get a different "vetern version" of the gun later on, and you get the enemies STARTING assualt rifle...wtf...and level 13 upgrade is "extra pistol ammo" LOL this game is a joke

Septic
10-16-2010, 01:53 AM
Game is good. It's got better graphics than call of duty world at war.

Looks like the used old graphic models for single player campaign.
The multiplayer graphics are more up to date.

mr wong tong
10-16-2010, 04:23 AM
i agree completely. average graphics, no variety of guns, boring, bland, uninspired. the list goes on. i actually stayd up all through tonight just to beat the campaign ( the 1 decentish aspect of this game ) just so i can trade it in tomorrow for castlevania.

oh and to all those saying this game sucks trading this in for blackops. why? cod 5 sucked baaaad, cod 6 was fun but it had problems this game has. campers. noob tubers the lot. you think it's gonna change? it's only getting worse with exploding toy cars. you'll only be buying yourself into more rage.

I Anger I
10-16-2010, 05:14 AM
I agree with OP. This game is a complete letdown. My friends and I who purchased this are pissed. I assumed it was going to be like Battlefield and be badass. Not to mention with the Medal of Honor name one would think that they wouldnt release it if its shit. The graphics (like the OP said) are comparable with PS2. I made the same comparison. I will get as many achievements as I can but then im getting rid of this. :(

When you shoot badguys it feels like your shooting a cardboard cutout...not a body.

rx32degrepber
10-16-2010, 05:29 AM
This game suckssss big nuts online.....there are ppl that have no life and just will kick the shit out of you.....plus it suck when you shoot a whole clip into the bastard and he still ends up killing you some how.....this game blows....huge huge huge huge huge let down.....no wonder EA stocks dropped 6%....dont buy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

Eclipse 2K
10-16-2010, 05:39 AM
I enjoyed the campaign but the online is terrible. There are way to many snipers which leads to spawn camping. I've never seen a game with spawn camping that was this bad. I honestly feel that the Medal of Honor Beta ran far better than this piece of ****.

GhOsT SLaYeR
10-16-2010, 07:06 AM
Well My opinion...

Its an OK game, its a rental at most... but may take more than 7 days to complete...
I will say I am really glad I didn't buy it... and hopefully I can clean up most of the achievements b4 the weekend is over.

The AI aren't good, many glitches, and you get stuck on a lot of things... also on the MP you take cover and it takes an extra 1 to 2 seconds to catch up and make it so you aren't being shot anymore even though your behind cover.

redbeard_nj
10-16-2010, 11:39 PM
whoever says that the graphics are not good either havent played the game or are just a plain hater.

Medal of Honor has some of the best graphics i have seen in a shooter. they certainly look better than any COD Black Ops videos ive seen. And ive seen all the black ops videos in 1080p.

Btw, im nuetral by nature. i own MOH and im getting Black Ops. I just call it as i see it.

Tartan Martin
10-17-2010, 02:13 AM
I've just spent the last 7.5 hrs or so playing this game and I do believe that EA, Dice and Danger Close owe us an apology for MoH...

1. Far too many times the other guys in my single player team got in the way of a perfect shot or moved into my line of fire - major RAGE...!!!

2. As with MoH Airborne, shooting enemy AI from near point blank range doesn't necessarily mean an guaranteed kill. I was hoping that this would change with the 2010 release - sighhh.....

3. HARD mode!! Are you freaking having a laugh here...? Should've called it not all that hard mode, more like Cod recruit and normal combined, defo NOT hard at all, where was the challenge in that?

4. Lot of time my ammo level dipped into the red and no team mate gave me ammo when I MOST needed it lol... There is no "I" in team.

5. The Bagram mission, mission 2 I think, reminded me of CoD's mission where you had to make your way through the aircraft scrap yard. Why would there be an aircraft scrap yard in Bagram airbase.....?

6. I wasn't intentionally comparing MoH with CoD, I just far too many similarities especially the one where you destroy the Al Quaeda camp which remined me of the Fire From Above achievement in CoD MW 2...

7. Many of the maps on single player - have yet to enlighten oneself on the joys of fellow gamers knowing the re-spawn points and exploiting them for all their worth - felt like a simple reworking of something similar before, or was this just deja vu ?

8. The HUD, which was tucked away I did like but not actually working out which direction I was supposed to head left me a bit pi**ed off to be honest, more thought should've gone into that I guess.

9. The enemy AI's level of accuracy was woefully inadequate which would have certainly made the game more challenging. For example on the final mission, several AI were shooting at me, (I'm in playing in "Hard" mode here) and not making much in the way of body contact - that's what EASY mode is is for... So a simple shot either kills them outright or another shot is required...

10. I know its been said before that the checkpoints were in some cases spaced far too far apart. but surely the developers should've seen that this would be a small problem that steadily builds to a much larger problem by the game's completion....

11. Also many mission were extremely short and didn't add up to much of a storyline, (ok I'm nit picking here!!! ), especially the mission on the ATV's that was over way too quick - at one point I felt that we'd have to shoot whilst riding the bikes which would've been really cool but far too similar to a certain other FPS game if you know what I mean...

The game had faults, this I will admit, but there were many good times too, however no real replay value whatsoever, defo a trade in for Vanquish etc. Just thought I'd add my own opinions here, does anyone actually agree with any of my points or is it just me? All the same, for the hype that was made over the game - shame on you EA, Dice and Danger Close...

Bennieficial
10-17-2010, 04:35 AM
Not even linkin park could save this crappy game!

TriRock
10-17-2010, 05:41 AM
Not even linkin park could save this crappy game!

Now that's an oxymoron for you...