PDA

View Full Version : Saints Row 2

xIIZombieIIx
05-14-2007, 06:06 AM
Saints Row 2 will be alive in 2008 (http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2007/05/11/saints-row-2-will-be-alive-in-2008/)

Posted May 11th 2007 1:00PM by Dustin Burg (http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/bloggers/dustin-burg/)
Filed under: News (http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/category/news/), Game announcements (http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/category/game-announcements/)
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.xbox360fanboy.com/media/2007/05/saintsrowlogo3.jpg (http://www.gamespot.com/news/6170504.html)
During THQ's earnings report, the big whigs on hand announced (http://www.gamespot.com/news/6170504.html) that they'll be releasing a Saints Row sequel sometime next year. They went on to say that they've canceled plans for porting the original Saints Row to the PS3 and will be using all that team's resources for Saints Row 2. So, Saints Row will remain an Xbox 360 exclusive for the foreseeable future, if not forever.

We also can't help but draw a connection between the cancellation of the PS3 port and the release of Grand Theft Auto IV later this year. The competition would not be good for a ported PS3 version of Saints Row, so they probably figured why waste the cash. Speaking of GTA IV, is anyone interested enough in the Saints Row franchise to buy it on top of GTA IV (or ignore a GTA purchase all together) or were all those Saints Row sales filling a GTA void at the time?

MadvilNE
05-14-2007, 07:04 AM
I'd buy both. I can't get enough of these kind of games.

mistical
05-14-2007, 07:49 AM
I'd buy both as well. I liked Saints Row, thought it was good game though I do like the GTA series more. It won't stop me from getting and playing Saints Row 2.

Seankichu
05-14-2007, 07:50 AM
I'd buy both. I can't get enough of these kind of games.

I hear that brother, I've even gone as far as to buy and complete open world games that are unquestionably shit (aka The Getaway 1 and 2).

Even played through games that are only kinda open world games, other wise known as 'open world lite' (aka Simpson's Hit and Run).

Thank god for games like Mafia, Godfather, Scarface, True Crime, and Saints Row for keeping me blissfully occupied between releases of the king fish, GTA.

...i think i'm addicted :D

Segnius
05-14-2007, 07:52 AM
I don't know why you wouldn't buy both of them if you like one of them, they're pretty much the same thing. I also kind of hope that in SR2 they continue the story from the first one.

WildManWiles01
05-14-2007, 12:02 PM
GTA:IV so far doesnt have any customizational characters like Saint's Row 1, so I would definatly buy SR2.... GTA:IV will come out before SR2 anyways, so I'm sure I will just buy both.

angry
05-14-2007, 02:23 PM
I will buy it considering i have the 1st rls althought i have only done 3 achs on the game so far. ;)

aussie_warrior117
05-14-2007, 11:37 PM
GTA:IV so far doesnt have any customizational characters like Saint's Row 1, so I would definatly buy SR2.... GTA:IV will come out before SR2 anyways, so I'm sure I will just buy both.
yeah, customization made the game really attractive and made people believe that Rockstar weren't the only developers who could make a good sandbox game. I'm definitely looking forward too Saints Row 2.

Fonkey Monkey
05-14-2007, 11:42 PM
the first one was aight im sick of all of these gangstuh white boyz though.

ps~ how the HELL are they gonna make a sequel??? my friend told me the ending and it doesnt seem sequel-able

aussie_warrior117
05-15-2007, 12:15 AM

ps~ how the HELL are they gonna make a sequel??? my friend told me the ending and it doesnt seem sequel-able

Well at the end there isn't any definitive confirmation on what happened. Its probably being held somewhere else than Stilwater anyway.

Minty
05-15-2007, 12:20 AM

Ditto, enough of them on the forum

Segnius
05-15-2007, 10:17 AM
*SR spoilers in this post*

Well, at the end you get the impression that you died, but it doesn't give you absolute proof. Whether or not you would play as somebody who was supposed to be the same guy or not, it could be you trying to take down the undercover cops who used you or something like that.

BlaZiN cdn
05-15-2007, 11:04 AM
It's good there is going to be a sequel to the game, I wasn't sure if they were going to make one because of the ending of the first one, and if I had to choose between Saints Row 2 and GTA 4, I would definetly go with GTA 4.

dchispirtle
05-15-2007, 02:43 PM
I have Saint's Row but only played very little of it. I enjoyed it, but I keep getting other games that I play through first and ignoring SR. I would probably buy Saint's Row 2 provided I finish the first game beforehand.

I will also buy GTA IV when it comes out.

steadfastlamb
05-15-2007, 04:23 PM
I'm buying GTA4 the day it releases. Not so with the Saints Row. I think that game was just a filler for the time being. Its a good game, but its no GTA.

I dunno, I guess I want to see what the next GTA is supposed to look like and feel like. From what I've seen and read, it should be great. If it disappoints, then I might pick up SR2, but not before. Besides, there's HALO3 and COD4 dropping within months of each other. That should be enough to keep most gamers out of the stores for awhile.

Sucks to be SOny.

Monk Monk 06
05-16-2007, 08:25 AM
I enjoyed SR and would def get the second.

Plus im sure they would improve and add to make it more like GTA it seems like SR was just a trial to see how it would turn out and it was a hit. but ill still buy both.

thieflordgamer
05-17-2007, 02:13 AM
*More Saints Row SPOILERS!!!!!!*

I think that they could continue the same story, even letting you load the character from the first game. My reasoning is *SPOILER* if you finish the last mission and then watch the credits, there's a black screen after the credits, and you can hear someone gasping for air for a second. *END SPOILER*

Monk Monk 06
05-17-2007, 05:47 AM
*More Saints Row SPOILERS!!!!!!*

I think that they could continue the same story, even letting you load the character from the first game. My reasoning is *SPOILER* if you finish the last mission and then watch the credits, there's a black screen after the credits, and you can hear someone gasping for air for a second. *END SPOILER*

:confused: *loads up SR disk*

Adam Miller
05-17-2007, 06:59 AM
I dont remember that when does it happen after you kill all 3 gangs off?

codedigital
05-17-2007, 11:57 AM
Am I the only one that can't stand that game?

xIIZombieIIx
05-17-2007, 12:31 PM

I don't know... you might be the rebel here... I must say I'm never much up for that homie crap, but I really really ended up loving this game anyhow... I hope all the GTA hype doesnt make this one flop...

highpass
05-17-2007, 12:51 PM

I'm with you man. The game itself was alright on some technical/gameplay levels, but the wannabe-gangsta factor made me almost sick.

Cyrex
05-18-2007, 12:37 AM
:pim not going to buy this.

Ill convince my brother to and then ill just play it on my account:p , very easy way to get games without haveing to pay at all

codedigital
05-18-2007, 11:47 AM
I'm with you man. The game itself was alright on some technical/gameplay levels, but the wannabe-gangsta factor made me almost sick.

Exactly. I've never played a game that made me want to gag before this one.

I can't freaking stand these wannabe-gangsta kids whatsoever and this game plays right into that shit.

highpass
05-18-2007, 11:59 AM
Word, holmes.

Freckle Bitches. That's all I need to say.

ChrisReeve1991
05-18-2007, 08:18 PM
i cant wait till saints row 2 comes out because i like the first game so as long as long as you can still fully customise your man, i hate all GTA games so as long as sr2 doesnt turn like them games it will be a good game

xIIlucidianIIx
05-20-2007, 02:03 AM
Well of course they canceled it for the PS3, producing it would have been a complete waste of resources.

SegaSaturnSNK
05-20-2007, 02:17 AM
I just hope they have more stories and more gameplay depth on story mode as well. First game was wayyyyyyyy too short. I had a blast with the first one, hopefully they improve this game like crazy.

Tussell
06-08-2007, 05:30 AM
Well, the online started off horrible with the lag and shit.
And never was much of a fan of the single-player.
Definately would say I'm more of a GTA fan.

JonnyC VT
06-08-2007, 06:23 AM
Spoiler***************

In the final scene when the ship explodes, you can hear a splash right before the explosion and after the credits the very short gasp for air. I thought everyone at least heard the splash...Obviously your character jumped ship.

Defcizion
06-11-2007, 06:30 AM
I'll be purchasing both. Saints Row single player was ok, untill the final tier of missions. The multiplayer was extremely disappointing, hopefully THQ can use some of the money they got off of SR1, and get a good server, and I'd also love to see it kind of MMO-ish, were you and your gang can walk around and just randomly drive and chill and shoot other gangs

Xm4ster
06-12-2007, 05:40 PM
I'll see. Might just rent the game once it comes out.

Spades12321
06-13-2007, 12:30 PM
Im looking forward to this game, but i think i am looking forward to GTA4 more though.

Spartan 666
06-19-2007, 09:00 PM
SPOILER ALERT

I say you do live, you've been through worse. It'd be a good set-up for the second game because of the whole, your character's body just got burned to hell so you'd start out at a plastic surgeon, allowing you to re-make your character however you want. So yes, Saint's Row 2 is a positive.

Ghost x360a
06-20-2007, 05:03 PM
Ya, Saints Row was okay and the multiplayer sucked. Hope they make it better than the first and I will buy both this and the new GTA.

Aloriain
07-19-2007, 01:13 PM
I reckon that I will get both as by the time this is out I will have finished with most of GTA4. I think to many people limitt themselves to only one game from each genre - forza or pgr, gta or sr, you know what i mean why not play them all if you like one then chances are you will like the other as well....

Dave
08-15-2007, 04:26 PM
well who says u have to be the same player from the first saints row, u can just be a totally new character i dont see it impeding saints row 2, there have been sequels where u have not been the same protagonist from the prevoius installment, like GTA of Elder Scrolls

CLAPSTER
08-15-2007, 08:54 PM
I've read what people say about no sequel.....yes there is like everybody that pays attention says you hear the gasp and you hear the splash
........it'd be cool if you go after the saints seeking revenge....ya feel me?

.....when they see you swimming out of the water they stay in shock:eek: they would see you because....almost everybody is at that place Julius most def he's lookin right at thu ship so it'd be cool if they start it from there

*EXAMPLE*----- they show the ship blowin up again but this time you see what happens to your character durin those seconds then julius's face in ":eek:" and thats all i can think of

what do yall think?

Dave
08-18-2007, 04:05 AM
hmm i see, but im not so sure i want it to take place in the same city though

Marx0r
08-28-2007, 07:34 AM
**SPOILER ALERT**

No offense, but that's ridiculous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJqkyBu0hhU

He's in an explosion. He doesn't definitively die, and just about everyone else has an unfinished personal crisis. One guy's an undercover cop, Julius is missing, Donnie's plotting something or other, and there's no good reason for the boat exploding. There's a bunch of foreshadowing and crap in the cutsenes that DEFINITELY hints to a continuing storyline. Actually play the entire game, watch all of the movies, and you'll know what I mean.

Anyway, this has me psyched. I can't get enough of sandboxes. I'm definitely getting this, and I have GTA 4 preordered. To the guy who said something like "they're the same", what the hell does that mean? That's like saying "I'm getting Halo 3, but I'm not getting COD 4 because they're both FPSs"

Night45Fox
09-19-2007, 01:14 AM
yea but GTA you play as that person not just make your own so it fits better with the story, so the story flows like who you roll with in gta 3:SA you where in the hood, while in gta 3 you were with the mob, so i think thats why they use the certain character not just create your own like in SR or oblivion

ReD S1X
10-09-2007, 01:31 PM
I'm in for this game just for character customization. Still at least the first game let me use a bazooka on the passenger seat rather than in GTA.

killlah631
10-12-2007, 02:50 AM
Yeah character customization is great, and hopefully they can come up with some new fun activities. The story line could maybe be a little bit more challenging, I found the last one extremely easy. Online could be definitely more creative. But I will definitely be getting this.

CLAPSTER
10-12-2007, 05:23 AM
hmm i see, but im not so sure i want it to take place in the same city though
The city is expanded though they have added new things into it

CLAPSTER
10-12-2007, 05:30 AM
Yeah character customization is great, and hopefully they can come up with some new fun activities. The story line could maybe be a little bit more challenging, I found the last one extremely easy. Online could be definitely more creative. But I will definitely be getting this.
You will now be able to customize your crib, your age, your gender, and your gang so thats cool

...........I hate the 100 headshots and stupid things like that

Redwire
07-03-2009, 11:04 AM
Is Saint row 2 better then GTA 4?