PDA

View Full Version : Can i rent this and still play online?

FPS GLIMMER
10-14-2010, 04:11 AM
Doesnt EA have codes you have to enter to play online. Well what about the people who want to rent the game and not buy it? Am i shit out of luck?

ConfusedGeek
10-14-2010, 04:15 AM
Doesnt EA have codes you have to enter to play online. Well what about the people who want to rent the game and not buy it? Am i shit out of luck?

you will have to buy the code to play online.

when i rented bfbc2, i had to do this.

this is just their way to get money from rentals.

TheMan70
10-14-2010, 04:19 AM
you dont have to buy the game to play online, the online code you get with the game is just so you can have the other guns, i haven't entered mine yet and been playing. no where did i see you have to pay like those other games.

ConfusedGeek
10-14-2010, 04:22 AM
you dont have to buy the game to play online, the online code you get with the game is just so you can have the other guns, i haven't entered mine yet and been playing. no where did i see you have to pay like those other games.

it wouldnt let me play b4 i got the download.

xDevilDawg64x
10-14-2010, 04:25 AM
It looks like you will have to pay the 10 dollars.

Laronvas
10-14-2010, 04:43 AM
Yes, MOH has implemented EA's new Online Pass requirement.

However, according to EA when they released Tiger Woods EVERYGAME will have a "trial" period for online play before you are forced to input your code (free if you purchase a new copy) or pay and download said "pass" from each systems respective store.

I went into the multiplayer menus for MOH and got the pop up etc regarding the online pass and then hit ok and went into quickmatch without a problem. I never actually told it to find a match but I'm sure it would have searched for one without a problem until the trial period was up.

The thing that had me a little pissed about it however was that the put the online pass code in the case...2nd to the BF3 beta flyer AND on the back of an ad for Crysis 2.

I almost threw away the Crysis ad w/o actually flipping it over but slapped it back into the case for some unknown reason. I didn't know MOH was going to require the online pass until I hit the multiplayer menu and started looking for it.

It seems like an underhanded move on their part to put the code out of sight and hope people lose it/throw it away and pay for access they should of had already by purchasing it new. Similar to the issues THQ had when UFC launched and people started throwing away their online pass codes and getting screwed.

LOLFESTS
10-14-2010, 04:57 AM
I wish i never bought into this fucking EA bullshit. I'll never buy another EA game. That dumb ass label needs to be boycotted like a tea party.

Are you seriously going to charge to play on your shitty servers on top of paying 50-60 a year for the "XBL" experience?!

Tha Mantis
10-14-2010, 05:43 AM
I would never pay to play this garbage online. You should get a free week or something like that, you'll only play for 3 days though at the most.

Yankeefan1976
10-14-2010, 03:35 PM
I rented it, still able to play online, I know with Madden /NCAA/Tiger Woods, there is a free 7 day trial, I assume the same goes for this as well....

kevosince85
10-14-2010, 06:17 PM
I received my game from GameFly and I am able to play online.

upindat
10-14-2010, 09:53 PM
shit out of luck man!! You must pay to play son!! Lol

II PostaL II
10-14-2010, 11:54 PM
Don't listen to them. You don't have to put no code to play online.

Code is for MP7 and 2 shotguns only.

My friend lend me the game today.

FPS GLIMMER
10-15-2010, 12:48 AM
So is it yes or no? IM getting mixed signals guys?

Bajan Elite
10-15-2010, 02:05 AM
you get a free trial but after that you will have to play to pay.

Psymon
10-15-2010, 02:23 AM
As far as I know, the code is similar to the VIP code for BFBC2. Everywhere I've read says that the code is only needed if you want a future map pack. I can play online without putting one in. The game has never said that you only get x number of days to try it.

Laronvas
10-15-2010, 04:36 AM
So is it yes or no? IM getting mixed signals guys?

To continue playing online after the trial period you need to either input a legit online pass code included with the game or purchase the $10 online pass digital certificate from XBL Marketplace/PS Store. PC Version I'm sure is probably still code-less but I wouldn't know.

The idiots here posting over and over you need no code obviously didn't read the 2-3 popups that happen when you enter the Multiplayer menus.

Yes you can hope right into multiplayer..but it's for a limited time.

nubdge
10-15-2010, 05:16 AM
Man you dont have to buy the pass,its for extra guns,sure other ea titles require it,some dont,skate 3 for example,you can play online till your hearts content,but you need to buy a skate 3 "share code" which lets you upload/download parks,videos and stuff like that,theres no trial shite going on,rent it and rinse the singleplayer,cause mp is not that good imo