PDA

View Full Version : Fire Controller...for real?

mikeyIDS
10-14-2010, 04:16 AM
How is this even possible?? Even by taking it easy and hanging back racking up kills and whatnot, I barely make it past 175 in any of the ridiculously short rounds

ConfusedGeek
10-14-2010, 04:27 AM
How is this even possible?? Even by taking it easy and hanging back racking up kills and whatnot, I barely make it past 175 in any of the ridiculously short rounds

yeah, in the game types where you have to defend or attack the 2 "crates" you may not have enough time, but there is a game type where you capture territory of defend it. and once taken, you defend another area (4-5 total). these games usually last long if the captures happen.

xDevilDawg64x
10-14-2010, 04:27 AM
Yeah I think it is going to be impossible for me as well. The highest I have gotten is 350 so far.

Tha Mantis
10-14-2010, 04:36 AM
It's not possible unless you cheat, or just camp in the back and somehow dont get killed by the other 12 snipers. This game fuckin sucks.

Laronvas
10-14-2010, 04:49 AM
It is by no means an easy trick...but playing any kind of defend match a good way to get some bonus points is by YOU sitting near the defend point. Yes you have to be really close to it and by that just naturally put yourself in immediate danger was being killed however every kill grants you defend objective bonus points no matter how far the person you killed is away from the objective.

If your lucky enough to be playing a team of really bad people you may be able to find a good spot and stay alive long enough to rack up the 600.

5-objective defense I was able to stay alive for a good 250+ and double/triple kill and we were playing a team that was for the most part dominating our team the entire match.

Also if you do start getting the various tiers of support attacks you may be able to sit back and wait for a group of attacks to try and capture the point then drop the weapon on them for natural kill points+defense bonus for each person.

mattjv2099
10-14-2010, 04:52 AM
I'm confident that I'll only get 970g on this game.

I won't get it unless we can get a 24 person xbox live party and boost the shit out of this thing.

seven43861
10-14-2010, 04:58 AM
Agree with above.

ST0MPER
10-14-2010, 04:58 AM
I just got this achievement and is was not easy although i did only snipe but almost got killed like 5 times easy thing to do is just call your support only d-pad right but the last one the cruise missile i did use that got 7 kills with that and the multiplier went to x2.

mikeyIDS
10-14-2010, 05:39 AM
did a pretty good job camping at the defense point, thanks for the tip...managed to get around 400, big jump up for me anyways...still hard as ballz, definitely down to boost this anyday haha

ArcticNinja0418
10-14-2010, 08:22 AM
almost had it to tier 7 twice earlier with the Heavy MG both times, first time i got killed by my own offensive support and second time by either a sniper or ran out of ammo in objective raid. Some stages have the OpFor rushing in choke points for an easy HMG taking them down, just stay close to the objective and look for choke points in the game.

But it does sucks getting hit by snipers. I'm down to boost this too

Mikey1610
10-14-2010, 09:01 AM
Getting 24 people to boost in a game will be impossible. Best to get half a dozen or so and meet up in a quiet area of a map. This achievement sounds impossible - hanging around near an objective will surely get you killed at some point and sitting back / camping / sniping you will need around 50 kills without dying depending on how many headshots you get.

zindar
10-14-2010, 09:12 AM
just a quick question do you need to use all the offensive support action in one game?

Mikey1610
10-14-2010, 09:26 AM
Which game mode has the least number of players? Squad Deathmatch? Or do they all have 24?

zindar
10-14-2010, 09:36 AM
Which game mode has the least number of players? Squad Deathmatch? Or do they all have 24?

all needs 24

ST0MPER
10-14-2010, 03:01 PM
just a quick question do you need to use all the offensive support action in one game? No you don't i got this cheevo yesterday too in my first kill streak with a uav so it does stack over from game to game.

blee717
10-14-2010, 03:14 PM
It does stack and I all I did was camped in this window the entire time. The people playing were so stupid. I kill you every time in this spot and you wanna go over here again and die for the 18th time in a row?

Funky89
10-14-2010, 03:48 PM
To get the 7th chain you need to sit back with a sniper and pick people off. call in the defensive chain rewards (right on the D-pad) this in turn adds more points. As you get higher chains, they will give you more points. Once you get to the last chain, 600 points call in the cruise missile (D-pad left). I was at 599 with only 17 kills before my team captured the last objective. It is fairly easy to do, but requires a little luck.

zindar
10-14-2010, 05:23 PM
ohh cool so I can just use the defensive support to get the last one... I hate how everytime I play the whole team are mostly all Snipers its pretty annoying

The only class I use BTW is Rifleman

M-16 or AK47 FTW

iBeatStuffUp
10-14-2010, 08:35 PM
Oh my god, this achievement was actually so easy. Just play Campaign Mission or whatever it's called. Camp in the back with a sniper. If you get a kill streak, press the right one instead of the left one, because the right one will guarantee you points. Not to mention, if you choose the defensive one (the right button) a few times in a row, you get bonus points for helping out your team. That will propel you to the next one. If you get to a killstreak that you haven't used yet, press left at that level. Then try to stay alive, or start all over again using the defensive streaks. I mean... seriously, Campaign Mission is actually just so easy if you're half decent at sniping.

II OE II
10-14-2010, 09:09 PM
ive been so close to getting this a few times today...

560 / 590 / 595 / 580

arg... stupid 5 points... i guess ill have to wait and get this boosted some time down the road... prolly in a month after CoD comes out.. everyone will have migrated to that.

TD Notorious
10-16-2010, 02:05 AM
I can't believe this. I finally got to 600 points and i pressed right on the d pad instead of left. Gutted.

mattjv2099
10-16-2010, 03:00 AM
I can't believe this. I finally got to 600 points and i pressed right on the d pad instead of left. Gutted.

That sucks. But that's what I've done with the 3rd kill streak cheevo a couple times. I haven't even gotten close to 600 yet :(

Goldyman77
10-16-2010, 03:53 AM
I hear the achievement is cumulative and if that is so than I either have the 2nd to last or 3rd to last offensive tier to use because I got the Cruise Missile and used it already. Now just to wait and see. I think I need the one right before the cruise missile because I can recall using the strafing run and using the defensive strategy instead of the air strike. If anyone wants to boost it just send me an invite because its gonna take a while to get around 500 straight again. Im on whenever you need me.

ONSLAUGHT o
10-16-2010, 04:12 AM
I hear the achievement is cumulative and if that is so than I either have the 2nd to last or 3rd to last offensive tier to use because I got the Cruise Missile and used it already. Now just to wait and see. I think I need the one right before the cruise missile because I can recall using the strafing run and using the defensive strategy instead of the air strike. If anyone wants to boost it just send me an invite because its gonna take a while to get around 500 straight again. Im on whenever you need me. yes,it is cumulative,you dont need to get all of them in one round,just need to use them all once,you can also look at youre medals to see which offensive streak you've gotten to and to add,the last killstreak is crap lol,nothing special.

Goldyman77
10-16-2010, 04:58 AM
yes,it is cumulative,you dont need to get all of them in one round,just need to use them all once,you can also look at youre medals to see which offensive streak you've gotten to and to add,the last killstreak is crap lol,nothing special.

Yea I've checked the medals, it only says how many times I've reached the 5th 6th and 7th killstreaks and 5 is the strafing run which I can almost positively remember doing and I'm sure I did the cruise missile and others before that, so it must be the air strike. If you wanna help me that'd be great.

Ibanez V7
10-16-2010, 05:11 AM
Yeah, this sucks. Especially when you're playing against 12 campers which this game HEAVILY ENCOURAGES by not having a death cam. Accumulating a streak of 600 encourages camping too.

DICE really screwed this up.

iCondemned
10-16-2010, 06:16 AM
What sup with all the complaining about this achievement? I got this thing in a bag. It was easy as HELL!