PDA

View Full Version : Takenobu

BarbaricGoose
10-14-2010, 04:27 AM
I recently discovered this guy and I thought he was pretty brilliant. I don't want to bog him down with a genre, and I'm not even sure what it would be. I implore you to give him a listen. I think you'll like what you hear. :p

YouTube - shady grove takenobu

YouTube - Takenobu - Thursday

Lava Tonsil
10-14-2010, 05:59 PM
Really interesting, I've favourited it on youtube for further listening.
Great find, thanks for sharing!

BarbaricGoose
10-14-2010, 10:15 PM
Really interesting, I've favourited it on youtube for further listening.
Great find, thanks for sharing!

Glad ya liked it.

I promptly bought the album after hearing it, and it's all I've been listening to since. Can't wait until he comes out with another. Hopefully there will be another.

Lava Tonsil
10-14-2010, 10:29 PM
Right, now i feel compelled to share something a few people may not of heard of too :) Senegalese duo Amadou & Mariam, not to everyones taste but great music
Love the horns in this one-
YouTube - Manu Chao y Amadou Et Mariam - Djanfa
Something deeper -
YouTube - Amadou & Mariam - Je pense a toi

Afro Ninja
10-14-2010, 10:44 PM
After listening to it, I believe it's folk music. And also some influences from bluegrass.

BarbaricGoose
10-15-2010, 02:11 AM
Right, now i feel compelled to share something a few people may not of heard of too :) Senegalese duo Amadou & Mariam, not to everyones taste but great music

Not really my cup o' tea, but they weren't bad.

After listening to it, I believe it's folk music. And also some influences from bluegrass.

It's listed as pop in most places, which I get. I'd say influences of folk and blues.

I should also mention Break of Reality. I discovered them basically hand in hand with Takenobu. If you like Takenobu, you might wanna give 'em a shot.

YouTube - Spectrum Of The Sky :: Break Of Reality