PDA

View Full Version : *OBVIOUS SPOILERS* Does knowing the ends ruin the means for you?

TVthePunisher
10-14-2010, 05:13 AM
Let me elaborate: have you ever known ahead of time how a story would turn out and then you feel that the story has become ruined DUE to finding out this spoiler? Or on the other hand, do you still continue to watch the story just to find out how it came to these ends...not feeling that it has ruined things for you?

Do not check my spoilers if you don't want to be well...spoiled.

Dexter:

For Seasons 3 and 4, I already knew which characters had been killed off. I was not exactly happy about this, as I just wanted information on a Season 2 character from the Dexter Wiki...and two and two together meant any character in "red" on the main page was dead.

Thus...I found out this way that Trinity and Miguel were dead...and more importantly, Rita. However, this did not ruin the story for me as I am still very much enjoying every moment that passes. I feel that...despite knowing that Miguel died, I still feel a connection with him like "why did he have to turn that way and lead Dexter to kill him?"...a connection, just like with Trinity now and of course Rita. I see her day in and day out playing the mother...and it makes me worry when her time comes. In a way, the knowledge of their deaths is just that...it's the pieces of the puzzle that eventually connect it together that will make it amazing

Then...

Bleach:

I read ahead on Bleach Wiki, thus I have never technically read the second half of the Arrancar arc. I had to catch up via the Anime just to get through every battle up until just before the Top 3 Espada fights...and then I started reading the Manga from whenever Isshin arrived on the scene. So yeah...I know nothing of the top 3 Espada fights aside from their deaths, some of the abilities and so on...

In a way I kind of don't want to bother viewing these sections either...I mean yes they're important but...for some reason, Bleach just doesn't lead me into "hey, go ahead and read it anyways"...you could say it ruined it for me that I already know what's going to happen

So do spoilers ruin things for you or can you live with it? This can cover games, movies, whatever...I'd say I'm half and half on this. Spoilers will sometimes take a dump in my cereal and make me push it away, while other times it's like sprinkling angel dust in my milf...and I'm only wanting more.

EliteShadowMan
10-15-2010, 12:04 PM
Let me elaborate: have you ever known ahead of time how a story would turn out and then you feel that the story has become ruined DUE to finding out this spoiler? Or on the other hand, do you still continue to watch the story just to find out how it came to these ends...not feeling that it has ruined things for you?

Do not check my spoilers if you don't want to be well...spoiled.

Dexter:

For Seasons 3 and 4, I already knew which characters had been killed off. I was not exactly happy about this, as I just wanted information on a Season 2 character from the Dexter Wiki...and two and two together meant any character in "red" on the main page was dead.

Thus...I found out this way that Trinity and Miguel were dead...and more importantly, Rita. However, this did not ruin the story for me as I am still very much enjoying every moment that passes. I feel that...despite knowing that Miguel died, I still feel a connection with him like "why did he have to turn that way and lead Dexter to kill him?"...a connection, just like with Trinity now and of course Rita. I see her day in and day out playing the mother...and it makes me worry when her time comes. In a way, the knowledge of their deaths is just that...it's the pieces of the puzzle that eventually connect it together that will make it amazing

Then...

Bleach:

I read ahead on Bleach Wiki, thus I have never technically read the second half of the Arrancar arc. I had to catch up via the Anime just to get through every battle up until just before the Top 3 Espada fights...and then I started reading the Manga from whenever Isshin arrived on the scene. So yeah...I know nothing of the top 3 Espada fights aside from their deaths, some of the abilities and so on...

In a way I kind of don't want to bother viewing these sections either...I mean yes they're important but...for some reason, Bleach just doesn't lead me into "hey, go ahead and read it anyways"...you could say it ruined it for me that I already know what's going to happen

So do spoilers ruin things for you or can you live with it? This can cover games, movies, whatever...I'd say I'm half and half on this. Spoilers will sometimes take a dump in my cereal and make me push it away, while other times it's like sprinkling angel dust in my milf...and I'm only wanting more.

i know in my senior year of high school (last april-may) i was just getting through the dexter seasons and someone in my class asked me how i liked the ending of season 4 and i got pissed off lol.

I'm not going to look at the Bleach one though since i haven't started watching it yet but i will soon.

Someone ruined some stuff in Naruto: Shippuden for me as well :(

Bill 777
10-16-2010, 05:24 PM
It doesn't bother me a bit. The ending really plays a small part in my overall enjoyment of a show. If I already know the ending, I can kick back and immerse myself in the production. That is why a great movie is often better the second time I see it.

Pieville
10-16-2010, 11:59 PM
I found out about the end of Season 4 on Dexter, but I continued to watch and I enjoyed it. Plus I didn't like *Person who died* much.

I mean if someone said Dexter dies, that would be a spoiler and I would not want to watch it, though I probably still would.

Also depending on how much was spoilt for me, if someone tells me the entire episode then I will not watch though if they just tell me a small thing about it, I wouldn't care too much.

So in conclusion, spoilers do not ruin it for me, except for if it's a bombshell such as *Joker killed Batman*

Whiteclone
10-17-2010, 01:02 AM
I don't mind spoilers as harshly as some people do, even if I know about the ending or have seen the ending at some point it doesn't make it any less enjoyable seeing it on my terms when I am ready.