PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth it

MPC
10-14-2010, 05:23 AM
Hey i was looking forward to this game but everyone is saying is wack so is it worth spending 40 on this game let me know
thanks

mattjv2099
10-14-2010, 05:26 AM
If that kind of money is nothing to you then buy it! if you have to choose between eating and playing this game then definitely eat! forget the game.

This is entertainment for the week. Next week when Fallout comes I'll forget about this game.

snipingheadshot
10-14-2010, 05:40 AM
Don't even rent it! This game wouldn't even be good if it came out several years ago.

F8L Fool
10-14-2010, 05:55 AM
Absolutely not. The maps are atrocious, the hit detection is wacko, the snipers are imbalanced, the game types are bad, the weapons themselves are bad. I haven't even gotten to the single player yet, all I've been doing is MP.

If a shooter like this doesn't have great MP/replayability, it doesn't have anything. Save your cash. I wouldn't even call it a rental right now because there are better games to rent that have come out over the last couple of weeks.

I got it thinking "Oh nice, makers of BC2's MP which I loved, and MoH which I'm also fond of." Just to realize the game is blah.

SoleAssassin
10-14-2010, 06:15 AM
Not worth the full price when it comes to campaign. Online, idk if it's worth it.

DokMMz
10-14-2010, 08:18 AM
Honestly, I'm in love with this game!

Sure the campaign is short and sweet, but the MP is great even with only a few maps to choose from. But something tells me DLC is around the corner...

MPC
10-14-2010, 02:30 PM
ok still not sure if ill shall get it is it better then avp ?

Tha Mantis
10-14-2010, 04:13 PM
ok still not sure if ill shall get it is it better then avp ?

Not really, this game was nothing but a HUGE letdown.

dnodavila
10-14-2010, 04:19 PM
The multiplayer grows on you, its a weaker version of Bad Company 2 basically. I didn't care for it at first but im slowly starting to like it. I would say rent it first

Ginjasy
10-14-2010, 04:49 PM
No, very short single player and poor multiplayer.

Capt Jawbreaker
10-14-2010, 05:08 PM
Hey i was looking forward to this game but everyone is saying is wack so is it worth spending 40 on this game let me know
thanks

Totally surprised me.........it aint half bad.

I think a lot of posters are just being sheep and slagging it because everbody else is.

I like both Story and Multi is slowly growing on me.

Overall 8/10

Tha Mantis
10-14-2010, 05:17 PM
Totally surprised me.........it aint half bad.

I think a lot of posters are just being sheep and slagging it because everbody else is.

I like both Story and Multi is slowly growing on me.

Overall 8/10

I'm not, I can't stand this game of sniperfest. Its annoying as all hell and its just not fun, I would rather play the broken MW2 then this online as sad as that is.
The story was 4 hours long at most, yeah it was kinda fun, but at the same time I could have just kept playing Castlevania or Halo for another week until New Vegas comes out. Keep your money, buy another game, wait for something better to come out. This game will be forgotten in weeks.

StumblesMcGee
10-14-2010, 05:23 PM
Rent it unless you're paying less than $40 for it. I beat the SP campaign on "Hard" in less than 5 hrs.

upindat
10-14-2010, 05:57 PM
Dude AVP blows. Was soooo pissed when i played it. Glad i got it on gamefly!!

lovemetal423
10-14-2010, 11:57 PM
You know, all my friends have been telling me it's the worst game ever...but they haven't played it. The ones who have played the beta said it's horrible...but yet, they still haven't played the actual game. So I went into it thinking it's going to suck but what came as a surprise to me is that it's a really great game. Everybody is going to compare it to some other shooter out there and yeah it may not be on par when compared to another game but the point is that this is it's own game and should be looked upon as so. It's not Call of Duty so if that is what you are looking for then do not get it. The best way I could describe the game is if battlefield tried to redo modern warfare their way. I'm a huge fan of both CoD and Battlefield and found this game to be a nice mix of the two which I enjoyed playing. The story didn't captivate me until the last 2 or 3 missions but I am really enjoying the story on my second playthrough since I know what's going on this time around. The multiplayer isn't the greatest that I've played but after each match i keep telling myself "eehhh ok just one more match" until I realized i've gone through about 10 matches more than I expected to play. Don't let people's opinions be yours. Rent it if you aren't sure but don't just say no to it because other people tell you not to. I don't understand all the hate for this game since i would rate it either 7/10 or 8/10 personally. :uzi:

oh and AvP sucked so bad that within 2 hours of playing it i drove back to gamestop and demanded my money back. they never even questioned why or gave me a hassle....they just knew. but at least i tried it out and chose for myself

GamerForLife86
10-15-2010, 12:27 AM
Aside from the horrible EA servers for online, I rather enjoyed the game. And the achievements are not hard, so you don't have to spend 2 years trying to unlock them!

Bloodwolf
10-15-2010, 01:01 AM
Nah. Story is short and predictable.
It's just a bargain game if owt.

GamingEconomist
10-15-2010, 01:08 AM
Try to rent and get as many cheevos as possible. Would i recommend buying it? No definitely not

Venomized
10-15-2010, 01:11 AM
It really depends. Ask yourself, will you be playing thsi game still when Cod comes out?

ValkyrieOne15
10-15-2010, 03:26 AM
this game was rushed and you can tell.

massive183
10-15-2010, 08:49 AM
the achievments are easy the only one i think is going to be challening is tier 1 but i have not seen this but have been told it could be hard we will see

Caramel Cardinal
10-15-2010, 10:56 AM
played it for a couple of hours yesterday when i got back from uni, and i'd say for the 35 it cost me it most definitly was :)

Barad
10-15-2010, 11:05 AM
Its definitely worth it!

Vandiloo
10-18-2010, 12:47 PM
I would say the game is better than what most people are saying it is. I give it an 8.3. If you don't own Battlefield Bad Company or any of COD's, then buy them instead. If you already own them and want something to keep you busy until the new COD comes out and the price doesn't bother you, then get it.

Deathrow THUGS
10-18-2010, 01:48 PM
I think i'ts one of the best shooters right now.

xTGMx INF3RNO
10-18-2010, 02:03 PM
Game is brilliant mp is better than mw2!!! defo buy it. no lag or any online problems s every one kees sayin

Dark Link IV
10-18-2010, 02:08 PM
I like the game, and im a CoD fanboy.

Opiate42
10-18-2010, 02:33 PM
Thanks for the thoughts, think I'll wait to find it on a price drop or rent to play the campaign. At least it may be worth playing if not stellar.