PDA

View Full Version : Achievement Question - Impress the Boss vs The Big One

pdean52
10-14-2010, 09:10 AM
I'm a little confused by these two achievements and last night I won the one that I thought I wouldn't - but don't have the one that I thought I would win. Confusing I know.

Impress the Boss

Exceed a career objective set by your team

The Big One

Meet the contract requirements of a championship leading team

So last night I win the WC for the first time in my first season with Virgin Racing. I'm a novice so please no comments on my current difficulty settings which I know are making the game too easy for me currently!! Anyway, after Singapore I am the champion with 4 races of the season remaining. Red Bull lead the constructors championship by a suitable margin and after the race they offered me a contract which I gleefully accepted to take the "Hot Property" achievement.

Anyhow - I expected to win the "Impress the Boss" as I've surely exceeded a career objective set by the team in winning the championship. Instead I win "The Big One" even though I'm not driving for a championship leading team, at least not in a constructor sense. And if I've won this achievement then how can I not have exceeded a career objective? Will this achievement pop at the conclusion of the season or have I somehow invalidated my ability to win it in the current season?

Any ideas anyone?

:confused:

daenius
10-14-2010, 10:10 AM
Anyhow - I expected to win the "Impress the Boss" as I've surely exceeded a career objective set by the team in winning the championship. Instead I win "The Big One" even though I'm not driving for a championship leading team, at least not in a constructor sense. And if I've won this achievement then how can I not have exceeded a career objective? Will this achievement pop at the conclusion of the season or have I somehow invalidated my ability to win it in the current season?

Any ideas anyone?

:confused:

"The Big One" will unlock when you sign from a relatively small team to a big team like Red Bull.

If Red Bull offers you a contract, let's say 10.5 Million and Driver 2 behind Vettel, and you accept, you have met the contract requirements of a championship leading team, hence the Achievement.

As for "Impress The Boss", this Achievement unlocks at the end of the season, meaning after you have finished the last race and the driver's championship results are "official", so to say.

So don't worry, you'll get this one, too :)

pdean52
10-14-2010, 10:47 AM
thought it might be something along those lines so thanks for the post.

;)

from your description though it seems that hot property and the big one are pretty much one and the same which strikes me as odd.

i also hope that virgin don't get found in possession of a rival teams car schematics and are excluded from the championship else i won't get my final achievement. i'm expecting another 4 once at the end of this current season!!

Doctor Paj
10-14-2010, 03:52 PM
I just got "The Big One" in my second season at Lotus, whilst leading the Constructors Championship.

It looks like it triggered when I`d passed the amount of points meaning I couldnt be caught for 10th in the WDC.

Squinty French Lady says something like "You have nearly fulfilled this years contract obligations" before the race where you do this.

So as long as the team you are driving for are Number 1 at the time, it`ll pop.