PDA

View Full Version : Conspicuous Gallantry difficulty?

Flinton360
10-14-2010, 07:04 PM
Can anyone tell me exactly how hard this is? I've seen a few people saying there not gonna bother with it which makes me think it's very hard anyone finished them all????

Yann Le Pentrec
10-14-2010, 07:14 PM
I'm about 5 missions in on Hard and I have to say that so far it isn't that tricky. If you play COD or Halo on their respective hard missions then you'll find this a breeze.

Spooini
10-14-2010, 07:17 PM
I haven't completed it on Tier 1 yet but the Hard difficulty was very easy compard to Veteren on COD World at War

blee717
10-14-2010, 07:28 PM
I found it to be very easy and you'll make the time so long as you don't screw around. I was able to finish each mission with at least 5 minutes left on the timer. The difficulty doesn't seem that much harder than Hard but there are things you can't do like resupply from allies, regeneration takes longer, there's no snap aim, and there are no checkpoints so if you die, you start over. If you can do each level and Hard and not die, this should be pretty easy. I only died 3 times because I got cocky and ran into a room with 3 guys 3 different times.

Psymon
10-15-2010, 02:50 AM
It's not that bad. I finished them all in one sitting. Some things you should remember:

1.) Don't screw around. If your teammates tell you to move up, do so. Some places have infinitely respawning enemies. They stop when you get to a certain point, or complete an objective.
2.) Do cinematic like things as soon as possible. By cinematic like, I mean buddy boosts and soflam. If you are hurt, and you get the order to do one of those things, do it. You don't get shot while you're doing them, so you heal. It also progresses the game.
3.) Don't be a hero. Speeding through it will get you killed. Make wise decisions. If you're going after the top of the leaderboard, do whatever you want. If you just want the achievement, take time to heal and clear paths. Would you rather lose 10 seconds to heal yourself, or start the mission over again?
4.) Headshots, multikills, melees, and killing 2 guys with 1 bullet are your best friends. If you can't get them, it's still ok. It's better to kill someone who's shooting at you by shooting them in the chest 5 times than to die trying to get a headshot.
5.) Always be aware of how much ammo you have. Some guns will run out, and you can't get more from teammates. You can still pick up dropped weapons from dead enemies. Usually each one has about 30 rounds though.
6.) You will probably play each level more than once, due to deaths. Yes, it's frustrating. On the brightside, enemies usually do the same thing everytime. They hide in the same place, run out of the same place, etc. You will remember where they are and you will be ready for them.

NaK Quinn
10-15-2010, 07:58 AM
Im seriously about to break a controller over Tier Mode Mission 9.....aarrrrghh!!!

Rock Karoly
10-15-2010, 11:07 AM
There are a very few passage who are a little challenging. The rest is pretty simple, just follow your mates and that's it.

Barad
10-15-2010, 11:09 AM
This is great to hear because I've done Halo Reach on solo Legendary so this should be a breeze hopefully :D

iiDaRReN316x
10-17-2010, 10:51 AM
.FUCK THIS BS CAMPAIGN Playing earlier and it glitched out right at end of the mission Danger close you fail misrebly at games. this. single player BLOWS HARDCORE

chivalryVillian
10-25-2010, 12:35 AM
sounds to easy for me

Swiftknife
10-25-2010, 01:06 AM
Was pretty easy...beat it on Tier 1 mode in around 3-4 hours last night, only mission you might have problems with is "Rescue the Rescuers." :p

ChizCafe
10-25-2010, 01:09 AM
I would also say Belly of the Beast is a real problem too and you gotta keep slowing down that timer. For people that need help go to this thread: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?p=3657225&posted=1#post3657225

It has videos posted for a walkthrough on Tier 1 and heres direct link to the channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/DrCoffeeMD

Rapturous Rich
10-28-2010, 03:50 PM
I found it surprisingly easy. Might be something to do with doing the Hard playthrough then starting Tier 1 immediately afterwards.

Just follow what Psymon (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/member.php?u=184730) said a few posts above me - learn where and when enemies will come so you can pre-emptively strike against them. Especially in cases where doors open and there's an "ambush".

Dz06lt
10-29-2010, 01:22 AM
Im seriously about to break a controller over Tier Mode Mission 9.....aarrrrghh!!!

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=270833

GoDz x NiiNJa
10-28-2012, 09:25 PM
To be fair the COD:WaW is the hardest shooter campaign I've played

WooliestRaptor
09-11-2013, 01:28 PM
To be fair the COD:WaW is the hardest shooter campaign I've played

Oh, by far - the last few levels (esp. storming the Reichstag) were insane.

Hard in this game is much MUCH easier that any other popular FPS. I am finding Tier1 a little more challenging than campaign, but still much easier than other games.

WooliestRaptor
11-01-2013, 01:36 PM
Came back to this game this week, beat Tier 1 mode with relative ease.

Some quick tips: Advance aggressively but always to good cover, and your team will move up with you. This is key in the few spots where enemies just come ad infinitum until you cross a certain threshold. It's also important to recognize scripted events (particularly on the 5th and the last level), as in some cases, if you try to advance too far before the completion of this event, the game just kills you with random bullets.

Most of the par times are generous with the exception of the fifth level (because the last stand takes like 7-8 mins real time)

FRIDAY M0RTIMER
07-08-2014, 07:17 AM
not very difficult at all...