PDA

View Full Version : How I Met Your Mother

SSJ3
10-14-2010, 07:34 PM
Can't believe there isn't a thread about this already, this show kicks ass I've just started watching season 1.

Snowwwwy
10-15-2010, 03:28 AM
Watched all the episodes that have been released haha. Im upto date with this show now, haha Im wrapped. I love it.

exo-apollo
10-15-2010, 08:51 AM
Watched all the episodes that have been released haha. Im upto date with this show now, haha Im wrapped. I love it.

What have you thought of the latest few episodes? Lily is nothing more than a tool used to push on the other characters plotlines...but she has always kind of been like that for me. Robyn as usual is fiery and damned hot. "This just in....is what I'm gonna say when I'm stabbing you" haha

Snowwwwy
10-17-2010, 12:02 AM
What have you thought of the latest few episodes? Lily is nothing more than a tool used to push on the other characters plotlines...but she has always kind of been like that for me. Robyn as usual is fiery and damned hot. "This just in....is what I'm gonna say when I'm stabbing you" haha
Lmao yeh, they havent been to bad. A few have been alot better than others but all good and funny I guess :D Still love the show haha. Two And A Half Men I think is better tho :D

the Damage617
10-19-2010, 07:54 PM
Can't believe there isn't a thread about this already, this show kicks ass I've just started watching season 1.

I've also just started getting into this show and love it. the only bad part is finding a stream of it online.. I have a couple sites but they haven't aired how I met your mother in a while :(

milecoupe
10-25-2010, 08:27 PM
Love this show and have for years but this season 6(this years) has'nt been great.Heres hopeing tonights proves me wrong.

DarthSoth
10-25-2010, 08:48 PM
I've also just started getting into this show and love it. the only bad part is finding a stream of it online.. I have a couple sites but they haven't aired how I met your mother in a while :(

Project free tv for the win. Awsome and free. I believe you need to subscribe (pay) to get tehm in HD but for just watching shows that you've missed in reg def it is a wicked site.

SSJ3
10-25-2010, 09:32 PM
Lmao yeh, they havent been to bad. A few have been alot better than others but all good and funny I guess :D Still love the show haha. Two And A Half Men I think is better tho :D

I've downloaded the first 3 seasons, But yeah Two And A Half Men is better :p

Snowwwwy
10-28-2010, 12:08 PM
Just watched one of the older episodes on TV, was on so I was watching bits of it. So good lol, so funny still lol. Was the one when Lilly leaves, bitch lol.

the Damage617
10-29-2010, 02:21 AM
Project free tv for the win. Awsome and free. I believe you need to subscribe (pay) to get tehm in HD but for just watching shows that you've missed in reg def it is a wicked site.

thanks for the link man. :woop:

TVthePunisher
10-30-2010, 05:49 AM
I watched a few episodes here and there ;>_> I guess when it's time to close up the show, they'll actually introduce the mother huh?

Snowwwwy
10-30-2010, 05:51 AM
I watched a few episodes here and there ;>_> I guess when it's time to close up the show, they'll actually introduce the mother huh?
Yeh, they'll probably wait till like the last few episodes. Ah. I really wanna know who it is lol.

ColtoN899
10-31-2010, 10:56 PM
The show's legen ...wait for it... dary!

PurpleSkwid
11-02-2010, 06:46 AM
Love this show, definitely one of my all time favourites.

moshr666
11-02-2010, 07:27 AM
This show is frickin awesome

rvlution
11-02-2010, 04:47 PM
The show's legen ...wait for it... dary!

Lol, I love Barney

Snowwwwy
11-03-2010, 06:51 AM
Lol, I love Barney
Look at my sig haha. I love him too :)

rvlution
11-03-2010, 10:26 PM
This is a show I wouldn't mind buying. Target has double season packs for a relative price.

The Gold Box
11-08-2010, 02:40 AM
I have never watched the show but my dentist's daughter was on it... I know she was on a couple of episodes, he says its pretty good.

Snowwwwy
11-11-2010, 03:22 AM
I have never watched the show but my dentist's daughter was on it... I know she was on a couple of episodes, he says its pretty good.
Really? Lol what role did she play?

Juzt Skillz
11-16-2010, 12:01 AM
I loved all the seasons until now. I watched about 3 episodes and I did not enjoy them. Seasons 1-5 were hilarious, every episode made me laugh. But not this one, I do hope it gets better.

Snowwwwy
11-17-2010, 08:28 AM
This weeks episode had me in tears. I loved it.

MundyGG
11-18-2010, 02:27 PM

try tvshack.cc has every episode and is free, it doesn't host videos but has links the best links our megavideo and vidxden which is in hd

Old Scratch
12-07-2010, 10:20 PM
Funny how he's telling his kids these stories about all the trim he banged before meeting their mom.
Waiting for netflix to deliver season 5 but I saw the episode last night (S6) where he did the old "whoa that didn't happen until next year!"

As long as it stays funny he can tell the story for another 12 seasons.

Zhaer
12-08-2010, 07:37 PM
My wife got me watching it, and I enjoy it quite a bit. How ironic that "womanizer barney" plays for the other team irl.
How I met your mother > Two and a Half men. Charlie Sheen is a hack.

lowbudget
12-13-2010, 03:13 AM
I love this show, although it tends to be pretty hit or miss. Much better when watched on the DVDs all at once than once a week for some reason.

Daiphyer.
12-13-2010, 08:31 AM
^^ Agreed. The 'blitz' episode was the best recently. Barney really saves the show.

rvlution
12-13-2010, 03:36 PM
I wish Robots vs. Wrestlers was real...

Poorie
12-14-2010, 06:35 AM
Show started dragging a bit at one time, but have recently started enjoying it again!

rvlution
12-17-2010, 03:44 AM
I don't really like Lily that much but I love everything else. Naked Man and the episode where they want to get in a fight are my favorites.

DOOKH8R
12-17-2010, 03:52 AM
YouTube - How I Met Your Father

xI DaR3DeViL Ix
12-20-2010, 12:10 PM
Big fan of HIMYM but but to say that the recent season maybe last 2 have been a little less old skool Stinson humor and generally not up to the standards of early seasons.

For me 'The Big Bang Theory' has been always funnier and personally the better of the 2 shows but even still the show is awesome and I hope they bring back the extreme Barnabus Stinson stories among other original hilarious sketches.

MopFlop
01-05-2011, 11:10 AM
anyone watch the ep on Monday? seriously wtf? i thought this was meant to be a comedy. Next week they might aswell go shoot some puppies =(

rvlution
01-05-2011, 05:22 PM
I'm not up to the latest season but I really don't like Lily.

DarthSoth
01-05-2011, 11:37 PM
anyone watch the ep on Monday? seriously wtf? i thought this was meant to be a comedy. Next week they might aswell go shoot some puppies =(

Yeah that was some pretty sad stuff for a comedy. When Marshall said he wasn't ready for this it almost brought me to tears. Went from laughing my ass off to instant sad.

Makes me think of Futurama's Jurassic Bark episode with the dog at the end. Poor Seymour.

DOOKH8R
01-07-2011, 07:46 AM
Makes me think of Futurama's Jurassic Bark episode with the dog at the end. Poor Seymour.

That really was one of the most moving things I have ever seen on television. Specifically when it is not what you are expecting to see on a show like Futurama.

Back OT,
NPH brought home the People's Choice Award for actor in a comedy a couple of nights ago.

Banes
01-10-2011, 09:02 AM
I really enjoy this show as well. I've missed a crap load of episodes and I don't think i've even seen a season in it's entirety, but i'm on the hunt to pick up all the seasons so I can get up to date before watching the new ones!

I also really enjoy The Big Bang Theory, hilarious show.

judd90
01-10-2011, 09:09 AM
I just watched this show.

I love it.

aussiegamer
08-14-2011, 03:37 PM
Man, the first 4 seasons of this show are awesome.

Can't say the same about 5 and 6 though. Very dissapointed so far.

TheSuperTrouper
08-15-2011, 06:50 PM
i also like this show but i wouldnt say im in love. i watch it whenever it is on television and i happen to come across it but i cant seem to get attached to it like i have with other shows

Akuza
09-10-2011, 08:31 PM
I love the show but I don't watch them in order... So when series 6 gets released on DVD gonna get the set or series 1-6 :D

MxPx
09-10-2011, 08:49 PM
Its one of those shows that I was always like, "Eh...next" when flipping through the channels. But then one night I decided to leave it on...

...hilarious. One of my favorite shows now. The surprise naked episode...lmao

I don't know when/where the new shows are on though...I tend to always find myself watching repeats. (Broadcast in 2007-2009 generally)

Akuza
09-10-2011, 10:13 PM
I don't know when/where the new shows are on though...I tend to always find myself watching repeats. (Broadcast in 2007-2009 generally)

same here hence why when season 6 is out gonna watch them all :D have HIMYM weekend :woop:

Akuza
03-26-2013, 03:08 PM
been watching this for the last 2 seasons up to date with america (well bar a day)

gotta say its coming to its climax soon...but they have everyone signed up for a new series...so are going to be having a series with this women or not ?

either way ted's speech to her at the 45 days before they meet is pretty darn awesome, not sure if anyone else watches, but i love it.

Gun-Nut
03-27-2013, 10:11 PM
Still watching it but last 2 seasons have been so-so I was pretty much ready for it to end this season but seems its getting a Season 9 and will end there!

I'm sure I can enjoy it for another Season.

ginge88isfun
03-27-2013, 10:20 PM
Just started getting into this, I was watching some episodes of Big Bang Theory on E4 (UK) and this was on afterwards. Didn't bother to change the channel and ended up watching it.

Mest x2
04-02-2013, 10:21 PM
super great show! probably will be ending soon though

lifetimegamer
04-12-2013, 09:57 AM
Easily my favourite show on TV right now (Big Bang Theory is getting a little stale). Picked up the first 7 seasons on DVD for the bargain price of 25. Have since watched all of them several times and am enjoying the new series on E4 :D

Slaughter XBA
04-15-2013, 02:38 AM
"This burger is so good I'm gonna sew my butt shut!" -Barney Stinson
I like this show but Big Bang Theory is still my favorite.

FrozenRaptorz
04-15-2013, 02:48 AM
I've just gotten bored with Robin. All she does is sleep around and cry about her life. I really would think the show would be okay without Ted and Robin. And it could be about Barney instead. Boom.

MarkJohnson
05-13-2013, 08:05 AM
I love How i met your mother tv show. Right now i am watching season 8 of this show and have watched 14 episode of this season. Now i am going to start episode 15 of this season.

OceanH
05-15-2013, 02:15 AM
From How I Met Your Mother's official Youtube channel:

How I Met Your Mother - We Met The Mother - YouTube

Mr Snowbutt
05-25-2013, 11:24 AM
One thing I think is weird is that Season 9 will run over one weekend....which is kind of odd

KFZ Scrubs
05-30-2013, 05:44 PM
I Seriously can't get into this show.... like I don't get it.
People talk so high about it and it's.... meh to me

Jvst Blaze
06-03-2013, 12:15 AM
Love this show really need to catch up on it though.

TheTenthPlague
06-03-2013, 04:00 AM
I Seriously can't get into this show.... like I don't get it.
People talk so high about it and it's.... meh to me

/\ Thank you!
I was told to watch this show by my cousins, who have always enjoyed the same sitcoms as me, so they let me borrow the first 3 seasons on DVD.

I watched the whole 1st season over a weekend. I laughed a couple times at Barney (NPH) and Marshall (Segel). I called my cousins and asked when it started getting good, they said in the second season.

Over the next 2 weeks I finished the 2nd season and half of the 3rd. Apparently that show never actually "gets good." Just watching it was a chore of waiting for every 2-3 episodes when I might would get a laugh.

I'm not trying to rain on your parades, I'm really not, but I truly don't understand the appeal of this show. If they got rid of Ted, who is THE most annoying character to ever appear on a television show, it might be tolerable to watch.

When I was 15, I could have written less predictable jokes and more sophisticated storylines. Just saying, it's a pathetic rip-off of Friends.

I'm sorry, I just had to get this out because every single 20-30 year old female I know talks about how this is the best show ever. It makes me want to carry a TV everywhere to show these people what good writing on a sitcom looks like. With shows like Arrested Development, Futurama, The Office, The Cosby Show, etc.

/rant

I'm sorry again for doing this but it was eating me alive, just ignore me.

dakisbac
06-03-2013, 04:15 AM
Please don't ever compare HIMYM to Friends... I can't handle watching an entire episode of Friends, but I watched the entire first season of HIMYM in one night.

MopFlop
06-10-2013, 03:50 PM
Out of interest did anyone have the reveal of the mother spoiled by the facebook page? I was fuming that they released it on the official site so soon after it being aired

KFZ Scrubs
06-13-2013, 04:37 AM
/\ Thank you!
I was told to watch this show by my cousins, who have always enjoyed the same sitcoms as me, so they let me borrow the first 3 seasons on DVD.

I watched the whole 1st season over a weekend. I laughed a couple times at Barney (NPH) and Marshall (Segel). I called my cousins and asked when it started getting good, they said in the second season.

Over the next 2 weeks I finished the 2nd season and half of the 3rd. Apparently that show never actually "gets good." Just watching it was a chore of waiting for every 2-3 episodes when I might would get a laugh.

I'm not trying to rain on your parades, I'm really not, but I truly don't understand the appeal of this show. If they got rid of Ted, who is THE most annoying character to ever appear on a television show, it might be tolerable to watch.

When I was 15, I could have written less predictable jokes and more sophisticated storylines. Just saying, it's a pathetic rip-off of Friends.

I'm sorry, I just had to get this out because every single 20-30 year old female I know talks about how this is the best show ever. It makes me want to carry a TV everywhere to show these people what good writing on a sitcom looks like. With shows like Arrested Development, Futurama, The Office, The Cosby Show, etc.

/rant

I'm sorry again for doing this but it was eating me alive, just ignore me.

I really don't.... and I see people do nothing but talk about it.
I've watched a couple of episodes and it's all meh.
I'm trying to find a reason to enjoy it, but I can't.
I guess it's just one of those things I don't get. Same as 2 and a half men, I watched it before and after Ashton and everything seems forced.
Anyshow that has a laughtrack now usually puts me off

xox Penguin xox
06-25-2013, 01:34 PM
I love the show. Had to start watching it from the first episode though; since watching it on Netflix...I think I'm at Season 4 (on and off again on TV itself through different seasons)

My favorite would have to be the one where Lilly steals the "playbook"

StrangeStatic
07-14-2013, 11:16 PM
Finished watching this on Netflix a couple weeks ago, and then got the latest season. It was like 200 episodes. I agree with Ted & Robin being annoying. NPH is my favorite character. The reveal of the mother was kinda lame, shes not really that attractive imo.