PDA

View Full Version : Signature edition!!

Alktrio3
10-15-2010, 01:40 AM
So, as many of you have heard or read if you pre-order Dragon Age 2 you get the signature edition with no extra cost...but what im curious is, if you preorder from a say gamestop or amazon will you get the signature edition or must you order it straight from Bioware??

OceanH
10-15-2010, 02:23 AM
So, as many of you have heard or read if you pre-order Dragon Age 2 you get the signature edition with no extra cost...but what im curious is, if you preorder from a say gamestop or amazon will you get the signature edition or must you order it straight from Bioware??

Official BioWare's Dragon Age webpage:

http://dragonage.bioware.com/da2/info/order/#

Last line:

Check the Signature Edition FAQ (http://dragonage.bioware.com/da2/info/order/#) for more details.

Click on "Signature Edition FAQ"

"If I already Pre-ordered Dragon Age 2, will I be upgraded to the BioWare Signature Edition?

YES! Anyone who has previously pre-ordered with the retailers listed below should be included in this offer, but ultimately this is up to the retailers, so please check with them directly."

"What retailers will be offering the BioWare Signature Edition?

The Dragon Age II BioWare Signature will be available at Gamestop, Amazon, Electronics Boutique, and the EA store on October 14th. Other retailers will be following suit and we will offer an updated list at a later time."

Wasn't hard, was it?

BaldWombat
10-16-2010, 05:32 PM
Free stuff if you preorder it by January. Sounds good to me.

bawrash
10-17-2010, 05:05 PM
I dont know what to do. In the uk amazon doesn't mention free ugrade or anything about the signature edition plus Game has it for sale but is charging an extra 10.

Opiate42
10-19-2010, 08:24 PM
The Bioware forums have some clarification on the pricing thing. (http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/141/index/5047425&lf=8) That the SE is priced the same as the eventual regular edition will be, but different retailers in different countries are charging different amounts for what the regular edition will be....oh joy.

In North America so far Canadians have to pre-order it from the USA gamestop or ebgames. It's not listed on the Canadian EB/GS website yet, no idea if it will be. I know distribution is organized by EA but hey it's still crappy when Bioware is based in Edmonton!!! :confused:

Damn, so right now I have to steel myself and either pay the $15 cross-border shipping which won't guarantee day-one arrival or crowbar a non-weekend family visit to across-the-border family. A 3 hour one-way drive away. Damn you Bioware for making games more addictive than crack!

Hope they plan on releasing the pre-order to Canadian retailers soon....emails are out there but no response yet.

OceanH
10-20-2010, 01:03 AM
The Bioware forums have some clarification on the pricing thing. (http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/141/index/5047425&lf=8) That the SE is priced the same as the eventual regular edition will be, but different retailers in different countries are charging different amounts for what the regular edition will be....oh joy.

In North America so far Canadians have to pre-order it from the USA gamestop or ebgames. It's not listed on the Canadian EB/GS website yet, no idea if it will be. I know distribution is organized by EA but hey it's still crappy when Bioware is based in Edmonton!!! :confused:

Damn, so right now I have to steel myself and either pay the $15 cross-border shipping which won't guarantee day-one arrival or crowbar a non-weekend family visit to across-the-border family. A 3 hour one-way drive away. Damn you Bioware for making games more addictive than crack!

Hope they plan on releasing the pre-order to Canadian retailers soon....emails are out there but no response yet.

You need to understand that when something like this happens, especially from gaming, nothing is adjusted on the day it's announced. There's always a delay in logistics. Wait a couple days/weeks and retailers will adjust. Gaming VS movies and music is the least concerned business by entertainment retailers.

Lord Montymort
10-20-2010, 03:58 PM
I just got an e-mail from Bioware about this, so I went to GAME and pre-ordered it for 39.99, not bad at all IMO.

Also, don't go quoting me on this because I can't be sure, but in the e-mail it had a list of stuff included in the Signature Edition and one of them was a Bonus Character and shows a silhouette, and I could be wrong but it looked like Leliana to me, but it could be wishful thinking as she was my favorite character in Origins.

OceanH
10-21-2010, 06:39 AM

http://www.gamestop.ca/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?Product_ID=306842

:rolleyes:

Tsuarn
10-21-2010, 07:53 PM
mhmm no shops in the Netherlands gonna sell them. So i have to order mine from the UK. I get mine 6 days after release... now that sucks!

xXI JEDI IXx
10-24-2010, 01:40 AM
I can't wait gotta get my Dragon Age freak on!! Signature Edition..yes please, and thank you sirs I say!!!

Opiate42
10-25-2010, 07:11 PM
http://www.gamestop.ca/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?Product_ID=306842

:rolleyes:

Yup, after I'd posted of course.

Done and done!

ansotica
10-28-2010, 01:50 PM
pre-ordered now. cant wait!

Opiate42
11-09-2010, 03:29 PM
Whew, glad I ordered from EB when I did, anyone else notice the price increase from $59.99 to $69.99 (http://www.gamestop.ca/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=306842)?

I ordered mine when it was $59.99.

Frank_The_Bison
11-17-2010, 12:01 AM
I love when game companies do this, giving you free stuff. Such a great way to draw in more customers. Also at a time when there are multiple limited editions coming out being able to save that extra $40 is really nice.

Slagar7
11-25-2010, 05:14 PM
Can't wait to pre order mine. Wondering though, is the signature edition the same thing as a special edition, or will they release mulitple editions?

VladimirK
12-04-2010, 03:54 AM
Can't wait to pre order mine. Wondering though, is the signature edition the same thing as a special edition, or will they release mulitple editions?

Haha, I'm the same.

Still, whatever they do, the signature thing is a good idea rather than giving loads of different places different preorder bonuses. (Hopefully.)

Pearson
12-21-2010, 08:33 PM
I just wonder how good this Signature Edition is going to be, like will it have a cool cloth map like the first CE had and packaged in a nice metal box or come in a plain ordinary plastic green box. I don't mind free upgraded games, but they're usually really nothing special.

Jamieironmaiden
12-28-2010, 05:21 PM
Anyone know what you get in the signature edition?

lakersandangels
12-30-2010, 03:12 AM

Among other things, you get a in-game bow, shield, sword and staff as well as access to a bonus playable character with missions to go along with that character.

Also, it seems that Best Buy was added to the list of retailers you can pre-order the Signature Edition for $60.

OceanH
12-30-2010, 05:09 AM

http://dragonage.bioware.com/da2/info/order/#

Seriously, check the 2nd post.

/facepalm

Taylorboy
01-07-2011, 09:51 PM
In gamestation.co.uk (I imagine game.co.uk as well as they are the same company) the signature is the same price as the original.

As for the signature the extra stuff looks pretty amazing tbh for no extra charge as well,
Free First Day DLC,
Free Soundtrack,
Free In-game Items,
and the usually special packaging which I believe is a foil cover of some sort.

LocustDawn
01-20-2011, 02:41 AM
If anyone in the UK is wondering Blockbuster has it for the same price as the normal as well just ensure you ask for the signature edition.

AngelOfDeathMG
01-21-2011, 09:37 PM
Does anyone know a place in the US to pre-order it? All stores only have the default as an option oddly enough. Gamestop, Best-buy, etc, don't have a listing for it.
Or at least I am not seeing one :confused:

R0KETM4N
01-21-2011, 11:28 PM
Amazon has a great system for getting the appropriate "version" of any game. Simply search for DA 2 on the website, and click "XBOX 360" and then click "Signature Edition". Keep in mind that the signature edition deal already expired, so this may not work anymore.

FSparacino4
01-24-2011, 10:08 AM
Does anyone know a place in the US to pre-order it? All stores only have the default as an option oddly enough. Gamestop, Best-buy, etc, don't have a listing for it.
Or at least I am not seeing one :confused:

Gamestop and Best Buy are no longer offering the signature edition. That deal expired. Amazon has the listing for the Signature edition but says it is currently unavailable. So I think you may be out of luck I'm afraid.