PDA

View Full Version : 58,800 Microsoft Points Competition

Benny263
10-15-2010, 04:05 AM
Does anyone have any info on the 58,800MS Points competition, if so leave your replies!

Lord Montymort
10-15-2010, 05:37 PM
There to be given to UK players only in the first few weeks following the release of Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, you will earn them by completing certain tasks in the game, thats all that is known so far, no news on what the tasks might be.

True I Skill
10-15-2010, 06:24 PM
Seeing as this is an acheivment website.
Im guessing it'l be somthing acheivment related. Screw rushing through the game gaining every acheivment as fast as possible for a 1 in few thousand chance at winning some ms points if thats what it is...

Hamburgerous
10-15-2010, 06:38 PM
I know the odds are against you but it's a pretty cool incentive to get people to buy and play the game.

sam0hT
10-15-2010, 10:21 PM
I'd rather enjoy the game than rush through it. That would totally ruin the game.

And if the winner has to get every achievement, it'll probably take a while to reach level 50 on multiplayer.

ReapingEcho
10-15-2010, 11:10 PM
Man that many ms points? I would never use them all as I never play or buy arcade games anyways. All my ms points go towards dlc contents all the time.

True I Skill
10-16-2010, 09:38 AM
I'd rather enjoy the game than rush through it. That would totally ruin the game.

And if the winner has to get every achievement, it'll probably take a while to reach level 50 on multiplayer.

Thats a very good point. The competition only lasts for a month i think?
So not many people would be in if it was for getting all the acheivments. Only other thing i can think of is maybe its just Multiplayer matches? They randomly select a few UK players to go into a match and they all play for MS points?

frogcrazyant
10-16-2010, 09:52 PM
I would straight up jizz if I won 58,800 microsoft points.

unique riggers
10-21-2010, 09:56 AM
I would take the points anyday

LeeDoc40
10-25-2010, 09:04 AM
Man that many ms points? I would never use them all as I never play or buy arcade games anyways. All my ms points go towards dlc contents all the time.
Still no further details but I imagine the 58K+ points will be split between several people rather than all going to 1 winner

Webb
10-25-2010, 12:20 PM
We won't be asking people to rush through the game, that's for sure. Watch this space, more information coming soon :)

R6soldier
10-29-2010, 01:52 AM
this giveaway is not for North America??

gibby 1995
11-07-2010, 06:43 PM
giving that many ms points just for playing the game, that's a bit to far I think but who the hell cares.

bensonrecon
11-14-2010, 02:27 PM
The sign up page confuses me no end. Can we sign up now and then check off the boxes like the 900 pts one and "Synchronization Established" achievement at a later date, or do we need to get those before we enter if we want to check all 4 boxes?

It's not explained at all and the last thing I want to do is potentially screw myself out of extra chances to win.

True I Skill
11-14-2010, 02:36 PM
The sign up page confuses me no end. Can we sign up now and then check off the boxes like the 900 pts one and "Synchronization Established" achievement at a later date, or do we need to get those before we enter if we want to check all 4 boxes?

It's not explained at all and the last thing I want to do is potentially screw myself out of extra chances to win.

Well im guessing they give you extra chances to win...
But im not 100% Sure. So its up to you.
You can...

1. Lie and tick them all then hope it does not matter, But then you could screw yourself over and end up being kicked out the competition

2. Wait until you have all the requirments to tick them all, But that means losing out on days the competition is running

3. Just tick the ones you've already done and hope it does not effect your chances.

I went with 3. ticked 2 of them, did not really understand why it wanted to know that... Anyone in charge of the competition mind explaining it please?

Gorjira
11-14-2010, 05:16 PM
You have to tick a new box each week. So for week one, if you've unlocked it, tick the box. Week two, if you unlocked the achievement required, tick the box for that. And so on. That's how I see it.

I've not ticked any boxes yet.

Quickdraw
11-14-2010, 05:25 PM
You have to tick a new box each week. So for week one, if you've unlocked it, tick the box. Week two, if you unlocked the achievement required, tick the box for that. And so on. That's how I see it.

I've not ticked any boxes yet.

this is how i thought it was gunna need to be, each week it does a new ticky box, the 900 one is always one as well as the free kinect one, do wonder if entering once is enough or you need to do the kinct one every week.

Addicted Azn
11-15-2010, 11:06 PM
I would have loved if the US was able to partake in this too. I could use some MS points >_<

Oh well, UK can take this one.

hodge
11-15-2010, 11:57 PM
Wow, is it just me or is the sign up really confusing?

Do we enter now and then change the ticks when we have the required achievements? Or do we wait until we meet the requirements and then enter?

Also, do you have to earn the achievements between the dates given? Or can you earn them before the dates, but then still enter?

Hopefully someone might be able to answer my questions

Quickdraw
11-16-2010, 12:01 AM
Wow, is it just me or is the sign up really confusing?

Do we enter now and then change the ticks when we have the required achievements? Or do we wait until we meet the requirements and then enter?

Also, do you have to earn the achievements between the dates given? Or can you earn them before the dates, but then still enter?

Hopefully someone might be able to answer my questions

you can earn the achieves before the date, i believe webb commented on that in the comments. as for signing up i would assume you sign up when its the week in question and have the achievement, the kinect free box you can tick now, since that doesn't really have a timeline until the end.

each weekly one will change, so when it does i assume you refill out the form, im unsure if you have to redo the kinect one each time or one is enough one would assume only 1 time would count, but im unsure of that :P

wingedblazer
11-16-2010, 12:07 AM
i have to admit, you'd never need to buy any more ms points unless u spent stupid amounts on stuff

hodge
11-16-2010, 12:21 AM
you can earn the achieves before the date, i believe webb commented on that in the comments. as for signing up i would assume you sign up when its the week in question and have the achievement, the kinect free box you can tick now, since that doesn't really have a timeline until the end.

each weekly one will change, so when it does i assume you refill out the form, im unsure if you have to redo the kinect one each time or one is enough one would assume only 1 time would count, but im unsure of that :P

Ahhh of course, I never thought to look there =P I found his post and you were exactly right.

Thanks alot!