PDA

View Full Version : Question for someone that has everything unlocked.

NaK Quinn
10-15-2010, 05:46 AM
Is that all you get for leveling up? 1 extra gun plus the enemy variants? Really? Thats bullshit. Get to level 15 to get....an extra grenade??!!? Wheres the M107? MP5? AA12? They must have saved other guns for DLC but, really all you get is a max of 5 weapons per class?

Mad Sativa
10-15-2010, 05:52 AM
ex-GameStop assistant manager, far from a f'n hero

NaK Quinn
10-15-2010, 06:10 AM
ex-GameStop assistant manager, far from a f'n hero

Nothing to do with my post but I'll bite. Care to explain? Do you know me? What does that have to do with my post?

stuhp
10-15-2010, 10:31 AM
Nothing to do with my post but I'll bite. Care to explain? Do you know me? What does that have to do with my post?

He's talking about your quotes in your signature.

Anywho, sounds like someone's been playing the mercenary for far too long. Seriously, games like CoD and Battlefield that simply throw weapons out there - it's not even an army you're fighting in anymore. What ever happened to standard issue equipment? :)

If you ask me, the limited amount of weaponry (and similar stats across the board for the coalition and OPFOR) is a sort of authenticity thing, and maybe a balancing issue. It wouldn't really feel like the conflict in the Middle East (because you know that's exactly what it is) if everyone ran around with XM8s and PP2000s, even if they may or may not be the weapons of the time; so, the ones that are available are probably meant to reflect on that. I mean, come on - who ever heard of a terrorist running around with a SCAR or an M16? Or an M14 MOD 0 EBR for that matter?

Battlefield 1943 is the same way, and it was successful as all get out. You can have limited (authentic) weaponry, and still make a good game out of it :D