PDA

View Full Version : How to get DShk Achievement :)

Chrushev
10-15-2010, 06:05 AM
Here are my 2 experiences with it.

After beating the game (its the only single player one i missed while playing on hard). I loaded up the chapter on easy and quickly ran up to the spot where you hide behind the log. Then i used a timer:

Heres my experience with it.

I started the timer when i got control of my character (when we jump over the log)... it checkpointed me 15 seconds in.. at 1min 58sec (including those 15 seconds) the flare lit up.. at 2:30ish the airstrike destroyed the gunner...

i did NOT get the achievement.

Conclusion - Flare does not signify where the timer ends.. it actually ends when the planes destroy it.. which takes about 30 seconds after the flare is lit up... so you gotta have it lit up at least at 1min 30sec in to the timer.

trying second time now.

Try #2

again started timer as soon as i got control... ran to the first wall on the right... (maybe 15feet from log)... fired nonstop into the TUrret... reloaded.. fired non stop again.. and like that 3 times... after 3rd time it was about 1min30 sec in, and the flare went off...
I ran to the regroup point, at 2 min 4 seconds planes destroyed the turret... I GOT THE ACHIEVEMENT..

So.. I think the IN GAME timer starts when you get checkpointed first... which both times happened about 15 seconds in.. so if timer starts there then the flare for me went off at 1min 15sec and planes destroyed the turret at 1min49 sec.

Conclusion is - Do not shoot anything other than the DShk, no matter what. There is no trick to positioning... just go 15 feet forward behind the wall. Shoot nonstop unil it auto reloads and keep shooting... this made my team move up way way faster than taking out the Turret gunner then picking off enemies around then taking out turret gunner once he showed up again..

I did also notice that as long as ur continually firing at an empty DShk... no new gunner will get in it... which is prolly why ur team moves up way faster.

SideDish120
10-15-2010, 06:54 AM
Here are my 2 experiences with it.

After beating the game (its the only single player one i missed while playing on hard). I loaded up the chapter on easy and quickly ran up to the spot where you hide behind the log. Then i used a timer:

Heres my experience with it.

I started the timer when i got control of my character (when we jump over the log)... it checkpointed me 15 seconds in.. at 1min 58sec (including those 15 seconds) the flare lit up.. at 2:30ish the airstrike destroyed the gunner...

i did NOT get the achievement.

Conclusion - Flare does not signify where the timer ends.. it actually ends when the planes destroy it.. which takes about 30 seconds after the flare is lit up... so you gotta have it lit up at least at 1min 30sec in to the timer.

trying second time now.

Try #2

again started timer as soon as i got control... ran to the first wall on the right... (maybe 15feet from log)... fired nonstop into the TUrret... reloaded.. fired non stop again.. and like that 3 times... after 3rd time it was about 1min30 sec in, and the flare went off...
I ran to the regroup point, at 2 min 4 seconds planes destroyed the turret... I GOT THE ACHIEVEMENT..

So.. I think the IN GAME timer starts when you get checkpointed first... which both times happened about 15 seconds in.. so if timer starts there then the flare for me went off at 1min 15sec and planes destroyed the turret at 1min49 sec.

Conclusion is - Do not shoot anything other than the DShk, no matter what. There is no trick to positioning... just go 15 feet forward behind the wall. Shoot nonstop unil it auto reloads and keep shooting... this made my team move up way way faster than taking out the Turret gunner then picking off enemies around then taking out turret gunner once he showed up again..

I did also notice that as long as ur continually firing at an empty DShk... no new gunner will get in it... which is prolly why ur team moves up way faster.

Awesome, really good information. I will give this a go in a little bit. Was the only one I missed on Hard also :).

[ Vehemence ]
10-15-2010, 02:18 PM
The first playthrough, I was unaware of the technique on this achievement. After completing it on hard, I replayed it on Normal and I too used a counter.

I started the countdown when the message popped up to push back the DShK. I did not move passed the first wall on the left and opened up on the Mgunner until the icon popped up. From there, I only burst shot the stationary gun and shot the enemies that popped up on the rooftops on the right. They only re-engaged the mounted gun once, and the achievement popped with 20 secs to spare.

UrbanMedium
10-15-2010, 02:30 PM
;3619564']I started the countdown when the message popped up to push back the DShK. I did not move passed the first wall on the left and opened up on the Mgunner until the icon popped up. From there, I only burst shot the stationary gun and shot the enemies that popped up on the rooftops on the right. They only re-engaged the mounted gun once, and the achievement popped with 20 secs to spare.

Luckily i did this technique on my first playthrough on Hard difficulty and got the achievement. The only other guys i shot were on the roof on the right hand side

TheLegendOf1977
10-15-2010, 05:57 PM
Strange, started my playthrough on hard and got this achievement without knowing about out...

zombie stomp52
10-16-2010, 10:01 PM
Bump.
Awesome, thanks :)

DEAD DINGO
10-16-2010, 10:04 PM
i had real trouble with that one, thanks for the quide.

Chrushev
10-17-2010, 06:00 AM
i had real trouble with that one, thanks for the quide.

np glad i could help :)

BigTymer2047
10-17-2010, 04:16 PM
Much appreciated. This was becoming a right pain in my ass!!! Thanks for the heads up!

10-17-2010, 05:57 PM
Not sure why this achievement has been a problem for people. The easiest way to do it is to run up to the first rock on your left, there is a little gap in the middle of it you can shoot through. Pull out your pistol, since it has infinite ammo, and just spam at the DShK. Your team will do the rest of the work, and it's pretty much impossible to die.

willp2003
10-17-2010, 06:10 PM
i didn't do this on my first run through (didn't realise there was a cheevo for it), but did it first time on the next try.
i just ran forward a bit, and then just tap away on the trigger, so you don't use too much ammo. I did take out the odd couple of guys to help out.

Dark Link IV
10-17-2010, 06:37 PM
Thanks got it in my first run :)

sjmleicester
10-17-2010, 06:52 PM
It is glitchy in that sometimes you can't kill the guy on the gun.

I did it on easy on my third attempt having suffered the above glitch. It a pain that you have to play virtually through the whole mission before you come to it and you can't reload.

As other people have said, run up the two rocks on the left and tap tap fire on the main gun. When it stops you can pick off other Taliban (sorry opposing force) on the roof tops to your right and the ones over by the tree on the far left. Keep an eye on the main gun and take out any of the enemy using it.

As soon as the red flare is in place it will tell you to regroup with your team so move forward and round to the left. Then just wait for the plane to drop the bomb on the target and the achievement should pop shortly afterwards.

If you do get killed I think you have to restart the whole mission to have another go.

good luck

Deathrow THUGS
10-20-2010, 10:33 AM
Very helpful, thanx a lot.

bwfcskillsinhd
10-20-2010, 10:27 PM
good tips cheers

iGoTiT4FrEe
10-22-2010, 01:53 PM
Great tip ,got it first time after reading this ,nice job ;)

Nozza XBA
10-22-2010, 02:02 PM
SO glad I just saw this.. It to was the only one I didn't have and Itried it to a few times and started the timer from where I spawned if I failed [so the checkpoint] and I was getting like 3mins, 4mins 2.40 odd and was wondering how to make them go up faster!

I thought that if I didn't shoot the taliban around the area the AI wouldn't move up unless they had a clear path or they'd just take ages killing them meaning they would hardly move up!

I'll give this a go tonight before I head out so hopefully it'll unlok! Cheers!