PDA

View Full Version : Killstreak system....

Judivarious
10-15-2010, 01:58 PM
Seriously needs a revamp, the points should be accumulative, it should be how many points you earn in one game, not how many kills you can get in one life, especially since kills are very hard to come by, unless you play pussy sniper all day.

Also want to just add, stupid killstreak systems like this current one, all they do is promote camping....

blee717
10-15-2010, 02:09 PM
That would be kinda corny. That would mean even the worst player can get the strongest killstreaks/scorechains. You may as well give all the weak players god mode and all the good players nothing. I do understand how hard it is get the scorechain up though unless you're a sniper.

upindat
10-15-2010, 02:15 PM
I agree. I think they should allow a small number of snipers in each game. I do like the fact that the killstreak rewards can be still used if you die.

Judivarious
10-15-2010, 02:15 PM
That would be kinda corny. That would mean even the worst player can get the strongest killstreaks/scorechains. You may as well give all the weak players god mode and all the good players nothing. I do understand how hard it is get the scorechain up though unless you're a sniper.

It wouldn't be corny, it would provoke people to actually start doing their objectives instead of sitting in a corner. if you were to make an insane amount of points required (instead of requiring just kill points) then it would be balanced and challenging still....

blee717
10-15-2010, 02:28 PM
It wouldn't be corny, it would provoke people to actually start doing their objectives instead of sitting in a corner. if you were to make an insane amount of points required (instead of requiring just kill points) then it would be balanced and challenging still....

The match times are pretty short especially in Objective Raid and if they made an insane amount of points, that might just take too long and you might only get up to maybe scorechain 3 (7 being the highest). You already get more points for doing the objective and getting awards as opposed to kills. They should give 5 points a kill and 100 points for doing the objective and limit 1 sniper per team.

Mad Sativa
10-15-2010, 02:32 PM
This is it. This game is just a few (as mentioned in this thread) tweaks from being a pretty sweet MP

ConfusedGeek
10-15-2010, 02:37 PM
um, no.

do you really want 12 ppl shooting cruise missiles at you?

i hate the snipers as much as the next person. i wish they would limit the snipers on one side though.

i say create a system where all those who want to be sniper select, but only the worst 2-3 of the bunch (based on rank) get to do it.

not going to happen, but a boy can dream.

gealt
10-15-2010, 02:44 PM
Just to be clear it's not strictly based on kills, you can earn points toward "support actions" (not KILLstreaks) by capturing/defending stuff, and using defensive support actions as well. Also, I don't find it hard at all to get kills in this game, it's pretty fast paced with mostly small levels. Getting enough points to get high tier support actions without dying is tough, but that exactly as it should be. If anything I'd like to see some limitations to the sniper class and a fix to the spawn system, support actions are fine for now.

Muldy 801
10-15-2010, 02:58 PM
As much as I agree that the snipers are a pain, its a common thing in any multiplayer shooter. BC2 had unlimted snipers but you found ways around it. The last thing you want is to limit it like other games and never get a chance to play sniper or ever rank it up.

As far as the kill streaks I dont see a problem. Its just like COD except its not quite as fast paced and its really not that hard to get 5 kills. I remember countless times having an off game in MW2 and not even being able to get 4 kills for a predator. It you cant get 5 kills without dying... maybe you should play more and practice.

gealt
10-15-2010, 03:02 PM
Yeah, I guess I should've chosen my words better, I didn't mean limit the # of snipers per team allowed, just that the class should be dialed back a bit to balance out with other classes, maybe battle rifles should be taken out. Anyway, I hardly ever play as a sniper myself, just don't really get into that playstyle.