PDA

View Full Version : Zavvi (UK) Pre-Order at 15.95

Wortsenawl
10-15-2010, 05:02 PM
I ordered this straight away at this price... for a brand new game it seems, er, cheap! But I had wanted to play it for a long time as I like horror games.

Is it worth the $15.95?

Now I figure that all the people who like the game will say "Yes" and all those that don't like it, will say "No!"

What I am really asking is the price tag indicative of the game? IE, Is it cheap because it is crap. Or is it cheap because it is essentially an old game (that would now normally be in the classics range] that they have just decided to release in the UK?

ptr362
10-19-2010, 12:59 AM
I'd say that it's probably cheap to buy because it was cheaply made and designed to be a budget game. Clearly people have different opinions of this game but it's really your opinion that matters so I guess that if you reckon the story might interest you, then it will probably be worth the money.

Sgt Scyther
10-19-2010, 04:49 AM
It's cheap because it was a pretty low budget game. But the game is certainly worth the asking price. The controls are bit clunky but once you get used to them it's not as bad as people make them out to be. The graphics aren't exactly up to par with, say, Resident Evil 5 but again, people exaggerate how bad the graphics are.

The game is going to last you a good 20 hours, and that's if you ignore the many sidequests. If you like a good story in your games then you'll probably love Deadly Premonition.

It's not a game for everyone, but it's certainly worth giving a chance.