PDA

View Full Version : Has this been confirmed?

tmg100
10-15-2010, 05:11 PM
Just plucked this from the cheevie guide has this been confirmed?

Alternative Method (Easier)

Start your career on expert. When you get on the track, enter the pause menu and change the assists to whatever is easiest for you. You're going to trick the game into thinking that you are playing on expert. Before ending the session, whether it be practice, qualifying, or the race, enter the pause menu again and set the assists back to what they originally were (outlined above). The game autosaves at the start and end of the session, so you can trick it in the middle. Continue to do this for the entire season, win, and the achievement will come.

OctagonQontrol
10-15-2010, 05:48 PM
Yeh... But unless you got some excellent setup, you might find it very hard to win at all...

xLMx1994
10-15-2010, 06:07 PM
im not gonna do this yet becuase knowing my luck they would bring out the patch with me like one race away from getting it, and this will be patched. i could have got it last season as i won it on expert but didnt change the settings every session. if it still works after the patch then ill do it then but if it dont then oh well, its only 60G. it wont kill me.

MC B0B x360a
10-15-2010, 09:41 PM
do we know when this patch is to be released. I may as well get as many races done as possible before the patch comes out.

pined5551
10-15-2010, 10:44 PM
Has there actually been info released on a fast tracked patch being released to sort this out? TBH, i think i'll do it properly.

mark21667
10-16-2010, 01:13 AM
You do realise that if a patch does come out, you can not d/l it and finish the cheev offiline?

Shelton
10-16-2010, 05:28 AM
Has there actually been info released on a fast tracked patch being released to sort this out? TBH, i think i'll do it properly.

They have said nothing about this achievement (in regards to the patch), I doubt they even care. The patch will not correct it. They have bigger things to worry about.

tmg100
10-16-2010, 09:23 AM
Yeh... But unless you got some excellent setup, you might find it very hard to win at all...

Its not going to bad, Got 1st in Barhain and Melbourne, 2nd in Kualar Lumpur 1st in Shanghai, 6th in Catalunya (AI is fookin insane around there) alot of blocking occured! DNF at Monte Carlo (qualified 8th but just couldnt be arsed!) and im on pole by 2 seconds in Istanbul on prime tyres.

I just need to make sure Hamilton scores low for the next few races which im half decent at, Istanbul, Montreal, Valencia (Silverstone not included) Hockenheim (I have a mad set up which hauls ass down the straights) Budapest (I think im still in the top 50 on TT for) and Spa (i love) It all goes a bit wafty after that and there will be some rain thrown in there just for added anoyance!

Aslong as i've got this autosave business sorted ill post when i get to the end.

Barad
10-16-2010, 05:30 PM
I hope this works, I might try this my next season, really hope a patch doesn't fix this..

oRiGiNaL ReaPeR x
10-17-2010, 12:25 AM
im just about to start a new season, ill try this method and see how it goes, ill let you kno in a few days if it works or not

MC B0B x360a
10-17-2010, 12:39 AM
You do realise that if a patch does come out, you can not d/l it and finish the cheev offiline?

good point. i should have known this but to be honest it just never popped into my head. very helpful post. thanks

snik
10-17-2010, 02:13 AM
I may have to try this for the next season.