PDA

View Full Version : awww so annoying

mitchcraft1980
10-15-2010, 06:20 PM
im fed up of having to sit and look at a download screen until its done which at times can be ages if its high usage time and a big DL , i set up in setting download in background enabled but still as soon as i leave the screen it says download stopped, anyway around this ?

i NatrlKilla i
10-15-2010, 06:26 PM
Background download just means that when you turn your console off, it will still carry on downloading it. Cant you click on 'continue' or something like that?

mitchcraft1980
10-15-2010, 08:04 PM
only once its downloaded i can click continue

Telexen
10-15-2010, 08:09 PM
It's not going to download if anything else on the 360 is trying to use it's connection to Live.

Go outside and leave it alone. "Background downloading" only keeps your console in a somewhat low powered state while you think it's off to download the file.

mitchcraft1980
10-15-2010, 08:12 PM
hmm it must be set like that for people with poor bandwidth, they should have an option to test your speed to allow you to do both at the same time

Starstrukk X360A
10-15-2010, 10:33 PM
Enabling Background Download is only so the console can continue to download after the console has been turned off.

You don't have to wait for a download to finish if it's still on. Just press the Guide to close it and go play something.

And if it stops, it's because you're doing something over live. It's like that for everyone. It isn't limited to only those with low bandwidth.

mitchcraft1980
10-15-2010, 11:31 PM
no i was saying it would be cool if you could do that , i wasnt saying that is wat actually happens.

Even when i got to play a game it stops for me ??

Snowwwwy
10-16-2010, 12:09 AM
Nah, pretty sure for me and some of my friends who have 360's.. we can keep downloading and play a game?

Corrupt.
10-16-2010, 12:14 AM
Not for me. If I start a game then go to DLC it does, but I download straight from the marketplace where you can continue.

EscoBlades
10-16-2010, 12:22 AM
Enabling Background Download is only so the console can continue to download after the console has been turned off.

You don't have to wait for a download to finish if it's still on. Just press the Guide to close it and go play something.

And if it stops, it's because you're doing something over live. It's like that for everyone. It isn't limited to only those with low bandwidth.

This! ^^^ It is the way it has always worked.