PDA

View Full Version : Fire controller achievement? wtf

undergr3nades
10-15-2010, 08:24 PM
Alright, here is my thread complaining about this achievement.

I've played roughly 10 hours online, and not once have I come close to reaching the 600 points needed to acquire all 7 offensive supports.

If you've gotten this, and/or at least close, how did you do it?

I'm not one to sit back and snipe, but I guess I may have too seeing as this is the only achievement I'm worried about not getting.

(I'm not rubbish at this game either, KD spread is roughly K:700 D:350

slow and steady wins the race.

xDevilDawg64x
10-15-2010, 08:35 PM
This is one of those achievements I will never get.

DeLuca
10-15-2010, 08:40 PM
From what i've gathered, it's best done on "Sector Control". You camp out somewhere and basically you spawnrape the enemy. Someone on these forums said he did it by parking himself by an ammo box that was by the enemy spawn and just popping them as they appeared. And he was a rifleman, so do it that way and pray someone doesn't get you i guess. If you're a good sniper, you could try "Combat Mission" and just be super careful you don't get picked off yourself, i got to the guided missile thing that way.

undergr3nades
10-15-2010, 09:10 PM
The best mission i've found to do it on, whilst sitting back and "camping" is the level that has planes all over, and tanks.. unsure the name, but its a huge abandoned airfield. I typically can get quite a bit on that level... the others... bleh.

DeLuca
10-15-2010, 09:29 PM
The best mission i've found to do it on, whilst sitting back and "camping" is the level that has planes all over, and tanks.. unsure the name, but its a huge abandoned airfield. I typically can get quite a bit on that level... the others... bleh.

You mean the Combat Mission level where Americans get a tank and you have to break into a hanger? Is it easier as OPFOR or American troops?

Dan2102
10-15-2010, 10:10 PM
I got the game a few hours ago. I have the ribbon/medal thing in game for getting the 7th score chain reward but not the achievement (The only time I know I came close the game ended so I probably didn't call it in).

I did this in the TDM mode. Just find the enemy spawn, set up camp near it and base rape.

shticks
10-15-2010, 10:59 PM
This will be a tough one to get....... my idea is to use the defensive support action until i get an offensive one that i haven't used yet. the beauty of that is as you get the higher score chains.... the points you get scale up..... hopefully you dont need to use each action in one round......

iiDaRReN316x
10-15-2010, 11:03 PM
This is prolly the toughest achievement in the game.

ONSLAUGHT o
10-15-2010, 11:54 PM
I got it playing the domination type mode,i would capture flags when i thought it was safe,since you get points for capturing that add toward the streaks,i would then camp a flag and kill anyone who would try to take it,used deffensive actions to build up my score chain and eventually i got it,its pretty much impossible to get it while rushing or just playing team deathmatch.

mr wong tong
10-16-2010, 04:30 AM
i boosted. anytime i even got near this i had a god damned mortar drop out of nowhere or a sniper shoot my arm and kill me. try find some boosters on the capture the flag type, use all killstreaks when gotten ( flag capture = 20 points ) and voila. at the end of the round there it is.

oh and don't use the killstreaks ON the boosters just put them on the other side of the map, don't wanna anger peaple to have them kill you when you're so close to that 600 ;)

Tha Mantis
10-16-2010, 04:38 AM
I got to 600 TWICE tonight, and both times the match ended before I could use it, Im so fuckin pissed at this piece of shit game I could break it.

iCondemned
10-16-2010, 06:21 AM
The best one to do it in is the one with desert. Where you have to capture one base at a time. You have to play offense. You stay back and just snipe. JUST SNIPE! It's easier to spot them then they spotting you when you play offense. But you will get it. I got mine. :D

Ibanez V7
10-16-2010, 07:15 AM
The best one to do it in is the one with desert. Where you have to capture one base at a time. You have to play offense. You stay back and just snipe. JUST SNIPE! It's easier to spot them then they spotting you when you play offense. But you will get it. I got mine. :D

The 'one' with the desert? You do know this game is set in Afghanistan, right? They're ALL friggin' deserts.

Mad Sativa
10-16-2010, 08:21 AM
The 'one' with the desert? You do know this game is set in Afghanistan, right? They're ALL friggin' deserts.

Freaking Hilarious

homer09001
10-16-2010, 08:47 AM
it get's easier the more killstreaks you get to, for example the best i've got yet is the 4th killsteak, so now i use defensive killsteaks for the first 4 i recieve as you get points for defensive, for example:

50 points for 1st killsteak, use defensive you get an extra 30 points so you only need another 2 kills for your next killstreak, doing it this way i got up to almost 300 points in the space of about 5 minutes.

iiDaRReN316x
10-16-2010, 08:58 AM
if you got a friend on the other team and told him to meet you at a place and tell him to keep meeting you there (SNIPE Him) to save loads of time.

Barad
10-16-2010, 10:19 AM
Seems like the only way to get this achievement is to camp, and I can't even do that so seems like I won't be 1k' this pile of shit..

skuff
10-16-2010, 03:33 PM
I've got 580 and also 570 twice, what a pain in the butt this is

Mikey1610
10-16-2010, 04:20 PM
I'd love to know how you can even boost it with 24 player games?

I'm thinking maybe just get a few of you and meet up somewhere but even then there's bound to be a random that spoils it.

ONSLAUGHT o
10-16-2010, 04:34 PM
Seems like the only way to get this achievement is to camp, and I can't even do that so seems like I won't be 1k' this pile of shit.. Yep im afraid so.

[ Vehemence ]
10-16-2010, 04:53 PM
My friend was 1 streak away from getting this the other night playing Sector Control on Diwagal Camp, and just as he dropped the artillery strike, the game was over. I told him the next night that he was so close, so he had another chance playing Combat Mission (attackers) on Mazar-I-Sharif Airfield. He was using either Rifleman or Special Ops class, and had dropped every air strike possible and never got the Cruise Missle. After breaking through the hangar and moving just passed the capture point of the hangar, he finally got one more shot and had the Cruise. He dropped it on the enemies and got like like kills with it. What a beautiful site it was, but.....he did not get the achievement at the end of the game.

His score was 985 with 29/1-K/D

His first death was at the very beginning while attacking the entrance gate, but he got all the kill streaks without dying. The achievement says to use all Offensive at least once. Is there a certain pattern to this? Will they stack if he uses others in another game? This is ONE damn lame ass achievement.

akumared
10-16-2010, 06:17 PM
i boosted. anytime i even got near this i had a god damned mortar drop out of nowhere or a sniper shoot my arm and kill me. try find some boosters on the capture the flag type, use all killstreaks when gotten ( flag capture = 20 points ) and voila. at the end of the round there it is.

oh and don't use the killstreaks ON the boosters just put them on the other side of the map, don't wanna anger peaple to have them kill you when you're so close to that 600 ;)

I was wondering how you can get in sync with another player or players of the opposite team to work with you? Cause I don't think I have the patience to try to get this chivo the legit way. Thank you

Tha Mantis
10-16-2010, 06:40 PM
I FINALLY got it this morning, I camped HARD and felt like a complete asshole after the match was over

BegFourMercy
10-16-2010, 08:59 PM
I was at 445 and sniping on airfield at the second capture point. Ran out of bullets. When I ran out to get the bullets I was sniped. So close....

DEAD DINGO
10-16-2010, 10:10 PM
hit the right on the d pad till u get to the last one, best is to camp with the sniper.

ChizCafe
10-16-2010, 11:40 PM
Okay guys the easiest thing to do is this. Use the defensive ones (they give you 30,40,40,50,60 points) in that order to get closer to the next offensive one you need. Once you use an offensive one once in a game , you are done, move on to the next. Which means now you can use more defensive ones to help you get to that next offensive one.

Now I plan on making a video of my gameplay strategy but what I do is get me 50 points for a UAV now I know in the back of my head it will give me 30 points when used, so I just need to kill 2 people to get my score to 70 points then use the UAV and that will auto put me at 100 points giving me my next killstreak reward (which is a 40 point FMJ ammo I believe) so now I know okay I need 135 points which is 3 kills and an assist + use my defensive killstreak to get me to the next killstreak.

I learned to build off of my killstreaks, and in this strategy its really better to do instead of using your defensive killstreak right away, now I say that because say I use my UAV as soon as I get it. Okay I am now 70/100 points, I need 3 kills...Well fuck now I am dead and have no killstreaks and have to start over 0/50 if you just hold onto it until you for sure know if you use it your guranteed your next killstreak then you basically have unlimited points and killstreaks. Like I hold onto a UAV (which is 30 points), If I get killed then I only need 2 kills then I use my UAV to get me to 50 points, which then gets me another UAV.

See how I always have one in my pocket, its really a great strategy. And I do all my killing with the SpecOps class, I never used sniper just my M4 with Combat scope and thats it really. Lol I got lucky for my last killstreak, I ran out of ammo and needed 1 more kill and pistol a guy across map and quickly called that shit in (pretty cool offensive killstreak) but yeah I will do a video of my gameplay when my HD cap card comes here Monday. Hope this helped someone, sorry if its to confusing.

skuff
10-17-2010, 01:02 AM
Got to 550 twice tonight, second time was just about to kill a guy and I accidentally pressed the right stick in.. Was pissed. So that's 2 550s 2 570s and 1 580 :(

undergr3nades
10-17-2010, 09:29 AM
VICTORY! I got it just now. twice. once on the airfield on offense. I just hung back, camped like no other. had 5 kills before the first position was taken.. so on and so forth. I ran out of ammo which made me nervous... I went 24/0 on it. yayay

im all the rage
10-17-2010, 10:33 AM
I also got it this morning, I hate sniping and staying back, I much prefer getting in the thick of the action and pushing forward, but for this achievement I had to stay back and snipe, it was painful but the reward at the end was nice. thats probably the only time I'll ever get a cruise missle but fuck me it was awesome

aka NatWest
10-17-2010, 05:25 PM
I got the ribbon for reaching the last kill streak reward but I didn't get to call it in because the round ended... I could have cried... I came close again twice with around 550-580 points but died...

xTGMx INF3RNO
10-17-2010, 05:30 PM
Right combat mission because maps are huge and u have plently of time. Ive got it serveral times. Just camp with a sniper simples lol its not to hard. I even got 1400 in one match. because after u get 600 its goes into double points

EDIT: Every time i got it it was on airfield

jburm
10-17-2010, 05:42 PM
i've had rounds where i was in the 700-800's for points, in these rounds ive gotten every kill streak possible and never got the achievement.

coullgfx
10-17-2010, 05:52 PM
i was ready to snap this game because of that achievement lol, but all you have to do is take your time and percevere.

i got it this morning on sector control, on the level with the river in the middle, using assault class. then again on team assualt on the same level.

you only need about 15-16 killstreak.

just use defensive streaks till you reach 600, but dont use them until you are garaunteed to jump up next streak.

e.g. uav is at 50 points and gives you 30points when used, but next streak is 100, so get to about 70-90 before using, that way if you die, u should still have a streak to use, but again dont use unless garaunteed to jump to next streak, therefore you should have a streak for the entire round once you have gotten your first

jphni12
10-17-2010, 06:02 PM
I wish this wasn't so damn hard, maybe I could play the game properly instead of having to camp like a twat for an achievement. :uzi:Dice/EA

xTGMx INF3RNO
10-17-2010, 07:45 PM
dont use defensive because the achievment is use all OFFENSIVE kill streaks. if use sniper its very very easy

BoooZe
10-17-2010, 08:51 PM
The first 3 streaks are quite easy to get, but after that it gets pretty tough I think.

I'm using Defensive Streaks to rack up points for the later Offensive streaks. You get Ribbons and youre sure to get points when your using them. I actually got killed quite alot when using offensive streaks since you are a pretty much standing out in the open.

I got my first Cruiser Missile in Sector Control. I don't like camping, but it was necessary to get it. I also got a couple in Combat Mission and one in Team Assault.

I got them with my Assault Class, but I think its also quite easy with a Sniper.

Grammaton Dryad
10-17-2010, 09:07 PM
I got 550/600 once on combat mission while attacking. I got killed by a rocket strike because some teammate decided to snipe next to the guy using a silenced M16.

I hate this achievement and the MP for this game.

Tchort69
10-17-2010, 10:03 PM
Ok, I tried to get this for around 4 hours today (In between getting the cheevos for playing for 2 hours on Sector Control/Combat Mission)

Managed to get in the 500+ bracket around 8 or 9 times before I managed to finally get it. So just keep at it, if you notice your getting that high your clearly doing better so stick to it.

What I did;

Ok so every time you get the opportunity to use an 'Offensive' ability you haven't already used, do so. After which you NEVER have to worry about using that particular ability again.
From this point on, unless you know you can make more that 50+ points off an offensive strike (Say if all the enemy are grouped) always use 'Defensive' abilities. These guarantee points, and also help towards the Quartermaster achievement.

I used a Battle Rifle (The Snipers which aren't bolt action), along with a combat scope, and the hollow point bullets for the extra damage. Using this method every guy you come across you have to 'double-tap' and put two bullets in him.

I also got close with the Spec Ops but found that because you had to be close, obviously you were more likely to die.

Try not to stray too far away from ammo depots, as you WILL run out of ammo unless your careful. Also practice with a pistol as switching can be a life savor.

Depending on what map you chose (Sector Control can be good but I often found games would end as I reached around 450-500 mark) you should seek to make as many easy points as possible, this means at the start of a game, or when ever it feels/looks safe complete objectives, including disarming bombs or securing points, this can wrack you a good 20-30 extra points - BUT - only if its safe to do so, try and get a friend to cover you.

I personally think that Combat Missions are the best possible choice, they seem to last the longest, around 15 minutes or so, and most of the maps are fashioned in such a way that if your defending there are multiple choke points to gain those points in.

If you do chose to use Combat Missions, don't go out of your way to save any one point, if you see that its failing (i.e. being secured or about to blow up) start to fall back long before any one else, set up shop and and aim at the new bottle neck.

My final point is a crucial one, don't always pop the ability as soon as you have it, timing is good here. If you have the first ability on standby (UAV), wait until you have around 140 points, from kills etc, pop the ability to knock you up to 180, then pop the 2nd ability which you would have gotten from 150, this will push you to around 220 and only 3 kills away from unlocking the next ability. Getting multiple bonuses at once can be a great boost.

It's a very frustrating achievement, but it can be done, you have to have a little skill and a little luck (Or a lot) but stay at it and you'll have it in no time.

Best of Luck!

Eclipse 2K
10-17-2010, 11:16 PM
I came close once but my teammate walked right by me and began randomly firing his weapon. Needless to say, a mortar landed on both of us just seconds later. :mad::uzi::uzi:

I really dislike this multi-player. Not because of the snipers being in such large quantities, but because of the power of the sniper, spawn trapping, and always getting shot from behind (partly my fault I guess-though it wouldn't happen as much had there been better spawning).

YOTESLAYA
10-19-2010, 03:49 AM
I FINALLY got it this morning, I camped HARD and felt like a complete asshole after the match was over
Your one lucky bastard... not because you got this but bc your on my friends list, lol.

Halme
10-19-2010, 05:44 AM
My final point is a crucial one, don't always pop the ability as soon as you have it, timing is good here. If you have the first ability on standby (UAV), wait until you have around 140 points, from kills etc, pop the ability to knock you up to 180, then pop the 2nd ability which you would have gotten from 150, this will push you to around 220 and only 3 kills away from unlocking the next ability. Getting multiple bonuses at once can be a great boost.

It's a very frustrating achievement, but it can be done, you have to have a little skill and a little luck (Or a lot) but stay at it and you'll have it in no time.

This is very true. I got it yesterday at Shahikot Mountain level while playing as offensive.

At first I wasn't even trying to get that achievo at the time but when I had two streak abilities waiting I decided to try it and actually got it. I played as Rifleman and used combat scope and open tip ammo in LMG. No need to camp whole game just move slowly. I was always almost at frontline. I let my team to move up littlebit and followed them in short time, trying to stay behind rocks as much as possible.

I used defensive abilities all the way to strafing gun since I hadn't used that yet. And like Tchort said, theres good to have little luck. I got 8-10 kills with strafing gun (placed it in the enemy base) and then used cruise missile few seconds after that and guess what, the guys I killed with starfing gun spawned at the same time so I just steered my cruise missile in middle of them and killed them again. Shit was so cash. Millions of points and ribbons popped up my screen constantly. Gotted scorechain of 1155. Bleeb bloob achievement unlocked. Finally. Almost lost hope for this achievo.

[ Vehemence ]
10-19-2010, 06:53 PM
The achievement says to use every Offensive support at least once, right? So, since the first levels (mortar strike, rocket strike and missile attack) are pretty easy to get, it's best to use Defensive supports to rack up the points for the ones that are the most hardest to get (the strafing gun, artillery strike and eventually the cruise missile). I've seen people post that once you use them, then it's already registered, no matter if you get a kill or not, right? Because I just dropped my artillery strike, and since this game has a hard time determining if it's Danger Close or not, I ended up on the edge of the blast radius. We were defending on the airfield, and there were about 7-8 guys rushing the hangar (2nd objective)....I got them all, but me as well.