PDA

View Full Version : Why the new xbox slim comes with standard A/V cables?

Crypdan
10-15-2010, 11:00 PM
instead of a HD cable or HDMI

MachineZed
10-16-2010, 12:07 AM
instead of a HD cable or HDMI They are cheaper. I should also note that they are also an HD cable.

Andy Shandy
10-16-2010, 12:39 AM
Because it's cheaper and more basic, meaning they can charge for an HD or HDMI cable because they know people will pay to see stuff in HD...Also not everyone has an HDTV

CONKER1182
10-16-2010, 01:15 AM
They are cheaper. I should also note that they are also an HD cable.

You get a crap HDMI cable with your console so you`ll have to go out a buy a Monster HDMI cable. It`s what I use and all my games look really great.

TuMaBlAcK
10-16-2010, 03:00 AM
So they can keep it at a low price I guess but at least they should have the av/HD cables like my 20GB pro did, and the brand of HDMI cable you end up buying doesn't matter I've read that the more expensive ones don't really make a difference in terms or graphics but just that they last longer.

Here's a pink prving HDMI statement-http://reviews.cnet.com/hdmi-cable/

Chaosx721
10-16-2010, 04:37 AM
You get a crap HDMI cable with your console so you`ll have to go out a buy a Monster HDMI cable. It`s what I use and all my games look really great.
You know the monster HDMI cable is pretty much a scam. There's no difference between a 100$ HDMI cable and a 10$ HDMI cable.

CMCX360
10-16-2010, 04:55 AM
I just used my old console's cables for the new system.

Crypdan
10-16-2010, 07:31 AM
I just used my old console's cables for the new system.
Really?, so i can use my old xbox cable?

CONKER1182
10-16-2010, 07:50 AM
You know the monster HDMI cable is pretty much a scam. There's no difference between a 100$ HDMI cable and a 10$ HDMI cable.

Yes their is. God does everybody on the internet have to argue that their is no difference between a $100 HDMI cable and a $10 HDMI cable their really is.

GMX09
10-16-2010, 07:52 AM
Really?, so i can use my old xbox cable?

A cable is a cable. If it plugs in at either end it's going to transfer something.

The Monster HDMI cables are a scam. HDMI transfers digital data, just 1's and 0's. There's absolutely no quality loss in digital transfer unless the original source is re-encoded.

CONKER1182
10-16-2010, 07:58 AM
A cable is a cable. If it plugs in at either end it's going to transfer something.

The Monster HDMI cables are a scam. HDMI transfers digital data, just 1's and 0's. There's absolutely no quality loss in digital transfer unless the original source is re-encoded.

I may as well of not of metion the Monster cable. :mad:

Chaosx721
10-16-2010, 09:16 AM
Yes their is. God does everybody on the internet have to argue that their is no difference between a $100 HDMI cable and a $10 HDMI cable their really is.
If there is, then how?

Crypdan
10-16-2010, 10:56 AM

Yeah i know, but my question is: the old xbox cable fits the new xbox?, is compatible?

Damian227
10-16-2010, 01:56 PM

With analog cables yes... with digital (which HDMI is) there is none. I run a studio and deal with Analog and Digital signals all day, my income depends on it... trust me, there is ZERO difference.

Analog cables have to carry a signal and shield from noise... so expensive ones are better. Digital ones like HDMI cables just transfer numbers and re-build it once it reaches the device, so they're protected from outside interferance... meaning no matter what "extras" your expensive cable is claiming its doing, it's actually doing nothing. Trust me, I make my own for the studio and have to measure the smallest changes... If you pay more than 2 for a HDMI cable, you're being conned, like women are their ten billion expensive handbags... lol

Grant SK
10-16-2010, 02:21 PM
Yeah i know, but my question is: the old xbox cable fits the new xbox?, is compatible?

Yeah, your old component cables will work with your new slim.

iBlessing 09
10-16-2010, 02:24 PM
Probably because people might have SD TVs?

Grant SK
10-16-2010, 02:41 PM

Or because MS is just cheap. The component cables that were included in every Xbox 360 bundle (except the arcade?) supported composite connections for people with SD TVs.

Crypdan
10-16-2010, 10:19 PM
But the old xbox cable has a switch TV/HDTV

MachineZed
10-16-2010, 11:59 PM
But the old xbox cable has a switch TV/HDTV /Sigh Both Composite and Component cables can transfer any resolution your TV can take. Which means that the cables the current slims ship with can also be used as HD cables.

And no I don't know what the switch did on the old cables.

CMCX360
10-17-2010, 12:27 AM
Yeah, your old component cables will work with your new slim.

This. Simply could not sacrifice HD when playing the games coming out this fall. (Reach, Black Ops, RB3)

BadBoyKillah89
10-17-2010, 03:00 AM
Because Microsoft is cheap & couldn't rip off people with their overpriced peripherals if they included HD cables? Just a wild guess.