PDA

View Full Version : Medal of Honor or CoD Black ops

xYunG DipSetx
10-16-2010, 03:50 AM
well thank god i rented this game because this game is lame as it gets! The campaign was pretty good and then i tried playin online n wow wat trash! when CoD comes im sure everyone will trade this game in by then

mini0mk
10-16-2010, 03:52 AM
Dude why are you comparing it to COD? Thats just silly. You only dislike it online because you are no good. This is not a run and gun game like COD thesefore COD fanboys can't play it.

Barrowland
10-16-2010, 04:56 AM
I don't get how you could compare this to cod as that is totally unrealistic. New outings should only be compared to previous releases as in Cod4>waw waw>MW2 or medal>BC2 as comparisons can be made such as play style, weapons, maps etc. And if ur going to flame me for saying MW2 is unrealistic how many ppl do you know that can duel wield Deagles and not let them smash their faces in?
Oh ye and like the post above me I agree u probably suck and haven't given it a chance. If u don't win u don't play. Cry baby

Tha Mantis
10-16-2010, 04:59 AM
Dude why are you comparing it to COD? Thats just silly. You only dislike it online because you are no good. This is not a run and gun game like COD thesefore COD fanboys can't play it.

Im good at the online, still doesn't change the fact its horrible. I will be trading this in ASAP for New Vegas. Yes Ill will be getting Black Ops. This game has been ruined by snipers and campers.

Langeboy
10-16-2010, 05:02 AM
I think this games great online, and because all the CoD fan-boys are unable to do the old 'spray, pray and run away' trick, there aren't as many idiots either.

DokMMz
10-16-2010, 06:01 AM
Honestly, what will COD: Black Ops do different from the others in the series?

GhOsT SLaYeR
10-16-2010, 06:57 AM
^ to be honest... it has theater so that's different other than that... and since its treyarch.. nothing at all.

Uh.. for the online in this... I find it alright, it isn't my favorite. Not great but not bad, I will say it gets better with higher rank.

For your BO vs MOH and what will 'do' better.... I can already tell you BO will do better... out of just pre-order sales you know it will sell well. but the question will be, will it be better gameplay..

*as A side note I can already tell you (imo) the MoH SP > BO SP ... imo BO SP looks like a joke and I will have to force my self to play it lol

Gebadire
10-16-2010, 07:10 AM
As has been said, comparing MoH to CoD is wrong, as they are two completely different games. My first thought when I started up MoH and played my first online game on the FOB map were how realistic it felt. The online play is whole different ball game to CoD, and in my opinion, is a much better experience.

Give it a few weeks and hopefully there will be a few new maps, as they are a bit limited, but otherwise I think it's a great online game!

I have pre-ordered CoD:BO, but the more time goes on, and the more videos I see of it, it seems more and more that it's going to suck. It seems to be going more and more over the top, with remote control cars etc. And it's made be Treyarch, so going on their past performace, WaW which was aweful, I'm not hopeful.

Give MoH some time, and I'm sure it'll grow on you! Just don't compare everyone online game you play to Call of Duty, as they are totally different games.

Balc0ra
10-16-2010, 09:06 AM
lol I find it wierd that most ppl complain about this game, saying its full of snipers and campers. Well Imo COD is the same. Full of 12 year old campers going for the nuke. Screaming the heart out every time "I'm deaf on my left ear form playing MW2"

I'm figured that all the COD players would hate this game as it had a pointstreak system and not a killstreak system to name a few.

Been playing it a few times not. And not seen any campers or been killed by snipers alot. Maybe its cus it is early and most of the snipers don't have the proper sniper scope yet.

I'm running around with the MP7 and its great fun. But I figured that most ppl that like the MP part of it are BC2 players. Or so it seems. That the COD fans would hate this game is some thing I knew before the game got out. It's just not on the same page. Or the killstreaks are not good enough. dunno.

VELVETxASSASSIN
10-16-2010, 11:44 AM
having read all the above post i must agree that comparing this game 2 COD is not logical. they r 2 different type of games. for 1, all of these game modes (with the exception of team assualt) is about strategizing in order 2 win. I do play COD but ive been getting bored with it since mw2's online was so botched. soldiers running around at 60 miles an hr nonstop duel wielding models is not realistic. i understand its a video game but seriously? i ventured off n played battlefield n i really enjoyed that game. now im playing this game n i'm having fun with it. this is how army games should be. 12v12 on bigger maps with objective based game modes. imo COD's mp is a watered down version of this. I have been a victom of the sniping campfest n tbh im really not that great but i still enjoy playing. the snipers force me 2 really consider my next move. it all balls down 2 preferene. if u tried this game n didnt like it 4 whatever reason then dont play anymore. if COD is ur preference by all means play that n enjoy.

Bazz NZ
10-16-2010, 12:15 PM
well thank god i rented this game because this game is lame as it gets! The campaign was pretty good and then i tried playin online n wow wat trash! when CoD comes im sure everyone will trade this game in by then
compared to cod its out the door for me but ill still play both im sure they will both have there ups and downs, this still beats mw2 as that was ruined by wankers cheating on every level.

Scotsman Elite
10-16-2010, 12:30 PM
My input:
How can you compare a game that's just been released to a game that hasn't been released yet? Black Ops could be a joke for all anyone knows. A few clips of some gameplay here and there does no game justice.
Personally I like this game, I think everyone needs to give it a chance. It's been out a couple days (in the UK, unsure of US release date) and already people are ranting and then comparing it to a game thats not even out? Talk about premature...

R a z z a
10-16-2010, 12:57 PM
After everything taken into consideration, i have been played MoH for the past 2 days online and i must admit the sniping is the main part and can be fun. However competitively call of duty is the best out there. I mean on MoH you can't even create a private lobby or anything? So how do they expect to create a competitive game? Black-ops will be fun of touraments and competitive gaming. Don't get me wrong MoH will do me untill Black-ops but it sure it's going to last more then a month. :)

BZerk0r
10-16-2010, 02:17 PM
I mean on MoH you can't even create a private lobby or anything?

The menu system is kind-of buggy (like when picking a class it doesn't seem as fast as it should be), and the lack of party options and ease of use in the pregame menu's are annoying, but gameplay is phenomenal. The look and feel, sounds and atmosphere of the battlefield is absolutely amazing. The crappy menu and party options can be overlooked as a minor annoyance, the gameplay is what really matters.

rob magic
10-16-2010, 03:45 PM
I bought medal of honor and its great. Multiplayer rocks. More tactical than the run and gun mentality of COD. I will buy black ops when its released because I like war games. I wont be trading medal of honor in. Two completely different games.

Bajan Elite
10-16-2010, 04:28 PM
I'm glad I rented it as well, this mp is being ruined by snipers and campers. Before you non COD fans start blasting me about COD is the same way, its not as bad as in this game. The way this game is setup,most people resort to sniping and camping, which is annyoing, yeah ppl do that in COD but you have killcams and grenades with much better splash damage and its mostly a run and gun shooter, so most people are running and gunning. I love COD and I prefer its style of play but i also happen to like the way this game plays as well despite a few crappy elements like shitty splash damage but going up against a team of mostly snipers sniping from their spawn is not fun. I'm great at this game, I feel if a lot of players didn't play the way they did the game would at least be pretty good not truly amazing because I'm not a huge fan of this style of play but instead I end most matches with a positive k/d and the itching to punch a wall till my knuckles break. I can't wait for black ops, and as for the people who say the new Cod isn't doing anything new from others, apart from the theatre mode which is all the anti-cod players seem to only bring up, you have the currency system which isn't new to mp but its new to Cod, its going to offer a robust customization system, brand new modes, new weapons and a few new killstreaks.

That being said in my opinion MoH= decent mp(haven't finished sp yet) and i will play it for a while but black ops is the game for me.

Buck a Fuffaloe
10-16-2010, 04:44 PM
Camping in this game is worse than it is in CoD? What are you smoking and where can I buy it? The people that camp are snipers, you expect them to run in with a bolt action and assault a base? Sounds like you need some new tactics. Snipers provide cover so that people can assault the bases. It's simple strategy. But then again, I don't play Team Deathmatch.

[ Vehemence ]
10-16-2010, 05:10 PM
Camping in this game is worse than it is in CoD? What are you smoking and where can I buy it? The people that camp are snipers, you expect them to run in with a bolt action and assault a base? Sounds like you need some new tactics. Snipers provide cover so that people can assault the bases. It's simple strategy. But then again, I don't play Team Deathmatch.

I want some of dat shit too.

They should make a game that there is a set limit to snipers, etc. You don't need 10 damn snipers on your team...wtf? Also, the game should recognize that this is a sniper. Why would you make me respawn on him and give his position away or make me hump the terrain for 2 mins. only to get shot again?

As for the comparison - Black Ops will be way better, but it's a totally different gametype. I rather prefer BFBC2 over this game., and it looks like the only way to get your hands on the BC3 beta is to have this piece of wasted plastic.

StayonTarget
10-16-2010, 08:14 PM
Call of Duty man... Treyarch will fix the game. EA shootings games seem to have a handful of problems and only 3 classes? Kind of lame... I like Cod, but I don't mind EA shooters. Besides, I have to wait till November anyways to play an EA game online because of the age requirements... might as well get cod eh?

DEAD DINGO
10-16-2010, 10:11 PM
Black Ops for the win!

BlastKilla
10-16-2010, 10:15 PM
Black Ops only can be better.
Cause it cant be worse than Medal of Crap.

Riphade 1
10-17-2010, 01:12 AM
Yes. People need to stop complaining like little fags about "This isn't as good as CoD". Seriously, STFU.

With that being said. I'm getting BOTH. Since I'm not a dipsh*t and I look around for deals. Toys R Us this week JUST had a deal for buy 2 games, get one free. So I bought MoH, MW2 (friends bug me to get it STILL), and GH: WoR. I'm returning GH:WoR as we speak, lol.

Hitman_On_Acid
10-17-2010, 01:21 AM
This game has been ruined by snipers and campers.

This is the only portion that I agree with.