PDA

View Full Version : In your first season, in ur starting cars, what placings do u usually get?

ParisMelody
10-16-2010, 12:39 PM
As above, I would like to know ur starting season with the starting car on easy, what placings do u usually get each race as well as overall standings.

Cuz I am a good driver at alot of other racing games like nfs.. Forza.. Burnout.. However i am finding it hard to even enter top ten in the first season with te basic cars ..:(

x13radx
10-16-2010, 01:01 PM
As above, I would like to know ur starting season with the starting car on easy, what placings do u usually get each race as well as overall standings.

Cuz I am a good driver at alot of other racing games like nfs.. Forza.. Burnout.. However i am finding it hard to even enter top ten in the first season with te basic cars ..:(

Well thats the point, your supposed to find it hard to get a points finish in the rubbish cars.

To answer your question, on Expert, I usually qualified 14th/15th on most of races and finished 11th/12th with Virgin. Now that im at Sauber ive been able to get a few podiums this season.

uk most hated
10-16-2010, 01:40 PM
i started on easy mode for the first season with virgin

i was in the top 5 nearly every race and finished 2nd in the championship

Shinnbob
10-16-2010, 04:39 PM
Started the season slowly, won the championship by 2 points at the last race.

Legendary AI, but had corner braking line on to help through first season, auto gearbox, and auto pit stops.

Once you start getting upgrades on the car, and get used to running a low downforce car the season gets alot easier.

Am in the Red Bull so tempted to do the whole season on Expert with manual gears to get that impossible looking acheivement

snik
10-16-2010, 10:07 PM

Cuz I am a good driver at alot of other racing games like nfs.. Forza.. Burnout.. However i am finding it hard to even enter top ten in the first season with te basic cars ..:( I'm playing on medium difficulty, racing for Williams.

1st GP I finished 1st. 2nd I finished 4th. 3rd GP I got the achievement for fastest practice, qualified pole, and finished 1st.

flashbangandy
10-19-2010, 10:13 AM
I'm playing on medium difficulty, racing for Williams.

1st GP I finished 1st. 2nd I finished 4th. 3rd GP I got the achievement for fastest practice, qualified pole, and finished 1st.

Qualified 13th after a penalty in my first and finished 5th, in my 2nd race, I qualified 20th and got disqualified for not changing my tyres in my 2nd. Racing for Virgin on easy with brake assist off.

f1ferrari
10-20-2010, 10:20 AM
Legendry AI, all assists off. (expert mode)
Drive for Lotus,
Barhain Q16th R9th TC med here
Melbourne Q11th R6th Expert mode switched on
Malaysia Q20th R14th
China Q22nd R20th
Spain Q14th R6th Wet race
Monaco Q15th R20th Pit bug got 6th till lap 11 I pitted then came out 22nd
Istanbul Q3rd R2nd
Montreal Q1st R1st first win of the season the AI are far to slow here.
Valencia Q15th R6th
Britain Q19th R20th Really struggled here, need to get used to the place
Germany Q1st R2nd Alonso didn't pit, retry this 2 times to see if he would
Hungary Q18th R16th Struggled here need to learn the circuit
Spa Q1st R2nd Wet Race made a mistake and Webber pasted, gutted
Monza Q1st R1st Easy win
Singapore Q1st R11th need major learning here only got pole cos of rain
Japan Q5th R3rd Penalty during qualy made me start from 10th
Korean Q17th R6th Wet race had a great start.
Brazil Q6th R7th my car was so slow.
Abu Dhabi Q13th R3rd could have done better, AI is poor here.

Season 1 now complete. Ferrari drive next yeah Cmon ;)

Will update this later with more results hope this help with comparisons. been a good season so far, high's and lows

defiant4eva
10-20-2010, 12:21 PM
I finished the 1st SEASON 1st in the WDC and WCC, but I was using the easy setting, to get a feel for the game. The cars ability to race competetively only matters in Hard or Expert difficulty.

Drive for Lotus,
Malaysia Q20th R14th
China Q22nd R20th
Istanbul Q3rd R2nd
Valencia Q15th R6th
Monza Q1st R1st Easy win
Japan Currently under way.
Korean -
Brazil -
Abu Dhabi -

Will update this later with more results hope this help with comparisons. been a good season so far, high's and lows

Legendry AI, all assists off. (expert mode) 50% races, driving for Red Bull

Barhain Q4th R2nd
Melbourne Q3rd R1st
Malaysia Q11th R3rd
China Q24th R1st wet race saved me and Hamilton style over-taking. woot
Spain Q24th R-DNF
Monaco Q13th R-DNF Barriers ate my car :(
Istanbul Q3rd R1st
Montreal Q1st R1st
Valencia Q5th R1st
Britain Q13th R - I like you struggled here, I don't expect to finish higher than 8-9th, when I race tonight.
I Will be finishing the rest of my races in the next week or so. Remembering every Gear to be in, how much throttle to use and every braking zone in every cornering apex, camber and straight on 30-40 laps. Takes it out of you, well it does to me.
Germany -
Hungary -
Spa -
Monza -
Singapore -
Korean -
Brazil -
Abu Dhabi -

chrishalls
10-20-2010, 12:36 PM
On hard I've won most races but not Valencia or Monaco.

Snowwwwy
10-21-2010, 01:00 AM
On easiest mode possible, I always used to finish always 16th or higher.

mas131292
10-21-2010, 06:54 PM
Drive for Lotus, on EASY as u asked
Barhain Q cant remember R11th only race i got no points, gutted
Melbourne Q3rd R3rd
Malaysia Q3rd R2nd
China Q3rd R3rd
Spain Q1st cus of rain R2nd messed up n ran out off flashs
Monaco Q5th R9th again messed up in race n no flashes, track too tight
Istanbul Q1st R1st
Montreal Q1st R1st
Valencia Q1st R1st
Britain Q1st R1st
Germany Q1st R1st
Hungary Q1st R1st
Spa Q1st R1st
Monza Q1st R1st
Singapore Q1st R1st i got lucky n Q and R, hate this track
Japan Q1st R1st
Korean Q1st R1st
Brazil Q1st R1st
Abu Dhabi Q2nd R1st managed to get 2nd in Q on last lap, got lucky in race webber span, gutted as run of Q1's and R1's ended for the 41 chievo

I HAV A SEMI
10-23-2010, 04:15 PM
First season with me was actually my third due to the R&D Save although id never got pash Hockenhiem in either of them thank god.

So first time with Virgin, Dominated every race except Monaco

Second Time with Lotus, pretty much the same but managed 3rd on Monaco

Third attempt (HRT) now knowing why my save was corrupting, Won every race except Monaco (4th) and The night race (cant remember the track name - 2nd) Won The constructors achievement unfortunetly so couldnt get to move to bigger team acheivement, second driver for McLaren behind Button next season (seriously Button istead of Hamilton who finnished a long way in second behind me) but somehow got the First Driver Achievement have no idea why.

Fifty Two
10-24-2010, 07:20 AM
i did expert, and like real life i never quali over 15th. i was in a lotus

Darf Spud
10-24-2010, 07:40 PM
Okay, here's my season so far (on Easy with Lotus):

Bahrain: Qualifying- 21st
Race- 16th
Melbourne: Q- 17th
R- 5th
Malaysia: Q- 19th
R- 11th
China: Q- 15th
R- 12th
Spain: Q- 13th
R- 10th
Monaco: Q- 22nd
R- 17th
Istanbul: Q- 14th
R- 8th
Montreal: Q- 1st
R- 3rd
Valencia: Q- 5th
R- 2nd
Britain: Q- 13th
R- 4th
Germany: Q- 7th
R- 2nd
Hungary: Q- 12th
R- 3rd
Spa: Q- 14th
R- 7th
Monza: Q- 5th
R- 1st
Singapore: Q- 19th
R- 7th
Japan: Q-12th
R- 2nd
Korea: Q- 8th
R- 4th
Brazil: Q- 7th
R- 3rd

MattN296
10-24-2010, 09:14 PM
In Lotus on medium with manual gears, traction control on medium, brake assist off and racing line on corners only...

Bahrain - fastest in P1, P2 & P3, qualified 1st, finished 1st (10 achievements, 170G)
Australia - can't remember practice, qualified 1st, finished 4th
Malaysia - can't remember practice, qualified 1st, finished 2nd (crossed line 1st but had a 10 second penalty)
China - fastest in P1, P2 & P3, qualified 1st, finished 1st

That's as far as I've got so far.

I HAV A SEMI
10-26-2010, 01:00 PM
Ive actually just compared my second season speeds and lap times of my McLaren to my friends game hes Torro Rosso both second season, both results taken on Bahrain.

Top speed of McLaren on home straight was 184 (medium difficulty, automatic gearbox)

Top speed of Torro Rosso on home straight was 183 (medium difficulty, automatic gearbox)

Lap times, i was actually a second quicker on fastest lap during the race, practice and qualifying times where rather similar lapping in 1.58-1.59 but in the race i gelled a 1:57.4 where as his best was 1:58.1, this may have been driver related.

So im not sure the teams actually make a differance at the "lower" difficulty levels. If anyone wouldnt mind running a similar test on hard or expert to see i would apprechate it, i struggle with the manual gearbox just now.

Minardi 05
10-26-2010, 01:23 PM
i stuck the game straight on hard difficulty, finished 3rd first race then won the next 5 or 6 in a row in the virgin, second season on expert difficulty except for the tyre wear still at virgin won the first race.

defiant4eva
10-26-2010, 03:39 PM
Ive actually just compared my second season speeds and lap times of my McLaren to my friends game hes Torro Rosso both second season, both results taken on Bahrain.

Top speed of McLaren on home straight was 184 (medium difficulty, automatic gearbox)

Top speed of Torro Rosso on home straight was 183 (medium difficulty, automatic gearbox)

Lap times, i was actually a second quicker on fastest lap during the race, practice and qualifying times where rather similar lapping in 1.58-1.59 but in the race i gelled a 1:57.4 where as his best was 1:58.1, this may have been driver related.

So im not sure the teams actually make a differance at the "lower" difficulty levels. If anyone wouldnt mind running a similar test on hard or expert to see i would apprechate it, i struggle with the manual gearbox just now.

Toro Rosso is not a back marker it is slower than a Mclaren, but not by much. Remember in 2009 Vettel got Torro Rosso's first pole and win.
You should also check your car setup. The computer automaticly setup the Gear boxs top gear to the longest straight. So you can get more out of it by playing around with it.

I HAV A SEMI
10-27-2010, 01:58 AM
Toro Rosso is not a back marker it is slower than a Mclaren, but not by much. Remember in 2009 Vettel got Torro Rosso's first pole and win.
You should also check your car setup. The computer automaticly setup the Gear boxs top gear to the longest straight. So you can get more out of it by playing around with it.

Yea full respect, they are however the next team in line of the smaller teams, 4th smallest if you like.

Anyways this was just a quick test, was an example, both cars where on the same set ups.

snik
10-27-2010, 06:17 AM
Update on mine:

Medium difficulty, racing for Williams.

Bahrain: Q- 1 R- 1
Melbourne: Q- 16 R- 4
Malaysia: Q- 1 R- 1
China: Q- 1 R- 1
Spain: Q- 1 R- 4
Monaco: Q- 1 R- 3
Istanbul: Q- 1 R- 1
Montreal: Q- 1 R- 1
Valencia: Q- 1 R- 1
Britain: Q- 1 R- 1
Germany: Q- 1 R- 2
Hungary: Q- 1 R- 8
Spa: Q- 1 R- 1
Monza: Q- 1 R- 1
Singapore: Q- 1 R- 1
Japan: Q-1 R- 1

thesilencer1987
10-27-2010, 02:19 PM
I'm into my second season on Medium. Decided just t play it on Medium for 2/3 seasons, to get a feel for all the tracks, to get some of the achievements and to get myself into a better car for the harder difficulties. I'm at BMW Suaber. The only track i seem to constantly struggle on is Monte Carlo, the rest i usually qualify well and win or i'm atleast competitive in top 5. Can't remember exactly all my results but i'm looking forward to getting it onto Expert soon.

MC B0B x360a
10-27-2010, 02:24 PM
first season starting out with virgin on medium. I am about 7 races in with all wins and a fourth at monte carlo. should have taken second but the pit row glitch screwed me.

Mr Maaaaattt
10-28-2010, 08:51 AM
I play on Hard (professional AI), but with traction control on to medium. Manual gears, no line etc etc.

I won the championship in the Lotus with 3 races to go. Only really struggled at Monaco as I kept crashing. Funny thing was I never got my achievement for exceeding the teams expectations! haha What more can you do?

Just about to start my 2nd season on Expert - still in a lotus, but expecting a much harder time and qualifying in the mid pack hopefully.

jd070993
10-28-2010, 09:29 PM
First season, Lotus, Medium Difficulty (ABS, Traction Control On)

Pole = Every race.
Won = Every race.

There were some hard ones though. Those included:

Spain (AI gets a major bump here. Restarted once because Hamilton didn't pit :mad:)

Singapore (Fucking kerbs drove me nuts. Hit one kerb and I spin? WTF Codies? Restarted twice.)

Korea (New circuit, so I didn't know the track layout. Didn't restart.)

Second year, I'm at Red Bull, and there's not much change, but I'll bump up the difficulty soon, so I'm expecting change. I'll update if this happens.

Dusty2010
10-29-2010, 09:20 AM
First season driving for Virgin I finished 20th in Bahraim after being in 9th when I took my pit stop I fell to the back of the pack and stayed there then spun out late. In Melbourne I finished 8th, Malaysia I finished in something like 10th I can't remember and I just ran 3rd in China after taking pole position and I would have won had my lollipop man not waited 3 seconds for Mark Webber to come out of the pit lane before letting me out and if Rosberg had have pitted at all, still happy with that so far.

Furnace Inferno
10-30-2010, 12:30 AM
Drive for Lotus,
Malaysia Q20th R14th
China Q22nd R20th
Istanbul Q3rd R2nd
Valencia Q15th R6th
Monza Q1st R1st Easy win
Japan Q5th R3rd Penalty during qualy made me start from 10th
Korean Q17th R6th Wet race had a great start.
Brazil Q6th R7th my car was so slow.
Abu Dhabi Q13th R3rd could have done better, AI is poor here.

Season 1 now complete. Ferrari drive next yeah Cmon ;)

Will update this later with more results hope this help with comparisons. been a good season so far, high's and lows When you say you play on expert is that without changing any settings or do you change some of them?

I only ask because taking Melbourne as an example there is no way i could get any better than the 17th i got because i was driving on the limit of what the car could do. However i know if you switch tyre and fuel simulation off i can drop about 3 seconds off my times per lap.

ParisMelody
10-30-2010, 04:30 PM
i have actually made a comeback on the 2nd half of the season .. winning all the races :)
am playing on expert now with red bull

ashleary
11-01-2010, 09:45 AM
On my first year on Easy with Virgin i was finishing no higher than 15th for the first half of the year and managed to get upto the low points zone for most of the second half.

Im on my second year now and I've got upgrades a plenty, used the expert setups from specs on websites and I'm getting podiums on each race and i've run about 5 out of 16 races :D

Good times

spratta89
11-03-2010, 12:55 AM
I started on medium and finished top 10 in every race

Ruble
11-03-2010, 02:34 AM
For my first season I'm driving the Lotus, did the first race on medium to learn the controls, the way the game handled, stuff like that. After the practise session, I got pole and won.

After that I switched the difficulty to hard, but turned on ABS, automatic gears, and full traction control. I've been coming no higher than 6th since then but always within the top 10.