PDA

View Full Version : Gamefly rentals

B61 MD
03-22-2006, 09:13 PM
Hey, Just wanted to find out if anyone here belongs to Gamefly. If they do how has the service been. I have been with them for a couple months and my experiences have been terrible. I haven't recieved a game for almost 2 weeks even though they keep saying they have been sent.

PaleGringo
03-22-2006, 09:30 PM
I'm with GF, have been since mid December and loving it. Of course, I'm in California (I've heard they are too) and I'm sure that could be part of it.

I've bought one game from them so far, and all of my rentals / returns / shipments have been timely.

DarkLif3
03-22-2006, 09:44 PM
No problems here at all. I've been with GameFly for a full year in April and there have only been two "lost" games when I sent them back.

To be honest I have Gamefly and I live in central Florida. A lot of people here would say I'm stupid since GameFly only has one shipping center in Cali but I have my reasons. I've tried the free trials of 3 other services and they don't stack up to GameFly in my opinion. Sure the shipping was faster but in 2 of the 3 services I tried my first 5 games were marked as "Available" and one service ended up shipping my 6th game and the other service sent the last damn game on my list to me even when the first 5 were marked as available. The 3rd service I tried had my first 3 games marked as "Available" but didn't ship the first one out for a full week. 7 Days! GameFly just seems to have loads of games in stock.

I have the 3 game plan with GameFly. My GameFly games always get to me within 4 days, sometimes 5 if it goes through the weekend and games are always returned within 6 days and most of the time my games get scanned at the post office and I get their "Fast Return" where they start shipping out a new game right away when they know I'm sending one back. That happens probably about 3 out of 5 times. Love it.

I know I went off on a little rant there about GameFly even though you asked a simple question but just chalk this up as a post for others if their interested in the service.

KMB 316
03-22-2006, 10:05 PM
reasonably slow shipping but i stuck with it one mroe month and now i think they lost the ghost recon been a week i told them but who knows

xfrancox
03-26-2006, 05:08 PM
I live in central Florida.

Thats pretty cool, so do I. You close to University and 436?

AmpleSteak
03-27-2006, 02:14 AM
I have gameaccess it's gamefly except it's for canadians. So far there ok but my xbox broke a disc and they made me pay $68 :(!!!

Helacool360
03-27-2006, 03:09 AM
I have gameaccess it's gamefly except it's for canadians. So far there ok but my xbox broke a disc and they made me pay $68 :(!!!

dam...that sucks

scoobydiesel
03-28-2006, 08:42 AM
a million posts or so about this(ok so maybe 3) but yeah I love it, never have problems with it unless they are cuased by myself not them.

I live in california so 2 day shipping is great.

4 game plan is the shizzle, been a member for a year or 2

I IDIOT I
03-28-2006, 02:29 PM
I've had it for a little over a month and happy so far. I live in Pennsylvania and the shipping seems pretty reasonable.

Spartan
04-05-2006, 04:58 AM
To be honest I have Gamefly and I live in central Florida. A lot of people here would say I'm stupid since GameFly only has one shipping center in Cali but I have my reasons.

My GameFly games always get to me within 4 days, sometimes 5 if it goes through the weekend and games are always returned within 6 days and most of the time my games get scanned at the post office and I get their "Fast Return" where they start shipping out a new game right away when they know I'm sending one back. That happens probably about 3 out of 5 times. Love it.

I live in Jersey and I spent days reading up on peoples experiences with all the different game rental services, and decided on Gamefly even though they only have the one shipping center and I'm glad I did too!

I always have the same exact time frames as you with shipping, even the 3 out of 5 times with the scanning at the post office and I love the fast return!

Do you think there's anything we could do to get them to scan em everytime so we always get fast return? :D

But to sum up my Gamefly experience, even though I'm in Jersey and they only have the one shipping center, I have no problems with the shipping times. I've only had one problem with a game so far and that was that I got King Kong from them and it kept freezing when it would load I think the 3rd level. I looked at the disc and it had a scratch on it, so I e-mailed them on the day that it came and told them about it and they sent me out the next game on my list the next day since all the King Kongs were out even though I hadn't even taken the scratched King Kong to the post office to send it back yet. So I'm quite happy with choosing GameFly.

DarkLif3
04-05-2006, 06:09 AM
Do you think there's anything we could do to get them to scan em everytime so we always get fast return? :D

I emailed GameFly about the fast return and they said that it was completely up to the post office and who scans them in. So they told me to contact the post office about that.

Spartan
04-05-2006, 05:13 PM
I emailed GameFly about the fast return and they said that it was completely up to the post office and who scans them in. So they told me to contact the post office about that.

Did you try contacting the post office? If you did, how'd that work out?

scoobydiesel
04-06-2006, 05:24 AM
yep everyone ignores the last gamefly lover........

kRaZyNeSs
04-06-2006, 05:49 AM
How about when you send your games back out....can someone explain this process? I have yet to send my two games I recieved back...Just wondering what I have to do. Address and all.

scoobydiesel
04-06-2006, 05:56 AM
put them back in the package and seal it up with the sticky, then pop it in the mail box, your done, now wait 2 days-5months depending on where you live or who you talk to

Helacool360
04-06-2006, 05:57 AM
put them back in the package and seal it up with the sticky, then pop it in the mail box, your done, now wait 2 days-5months depending on where you live or who you talk to

I like the end of this explanation;)

DarkLif3
04-06-2006, 03:46 PM
Did you try contacting the post office? If you did, how'd that work out?

After many failed attempts at trying to talk to any actual person at the post office I finally reached someone and they had no idea what the hell I was talking about. I gave up. :D

scoobydiesel
04-07-2006, 05:33 AM
yeah my gamefly prob;lems come from my local post office...and on bad weather days(ie some times rain, always snow) i know they take my damn game and play it then week later send it in...i know they do,....us postal service is lame

porker con
04-12-2006, 11:30 PM
I go to blockbuster

DisturbedDan
04-13-2006, 04:45 AM
those who are fed up with gamefly, go ahead and try gameznflix.com

i've been with them for about 2 months now. Everything runs smoothly. They ship from I believe three or four different locations.

Yankeez
04-13-2006, 06:55 AM
do they get new games quickly?

graf1k
04-13-2006, 01:56 PM
do they get new games quickly?

About a week after they come out. Sometimes less.

DisturbedDan
04-13-2006, 04:43 PM
yeah but it's alot cheaper than gamefly. You can actually have 3 games out at a time and it's still cheaper than gamefly's 2 games out a time subscription.

one bad thing, if game dates get pushed forward. It seems like mlb 2k6, their slow to release it. Still says mlb 2k6 is coming out 4/25.

the free trial sucks to. They limited what games you can rent.

scoobydiesel
04-13-2006, 08:45 PM
Just cuase its cheaper doesnt mean what you do lsoe in changing over doesnt make it worth it, but some people find it worth it just cuase they might get it sooner then gamefly, witch thats honestly all that should matter is how long it takes to recive games and so

DisturbedDan
04-13-2006, 11:49 PM
that would be one of my main points for the switch, as you would get the games sooner. When I send my games back, I usually get the next one in 2-3 days. It being cheaper is just an added bonus.

scoobydiesel
04-13-2006, 11:55 PM
yeah i get my games with in 2 days after they get my game i sent back, and takes 3 days for them to get it usly, suits me fine...does it count that the name gameznflix is retarded :p lol

DisturbedDan
04-14-2006, 12:03 AM
yeah... really stupid name. I wonder who the genius was that came up with that.

scoobydiesel
04-14-2006, 12:05 AM
probly liked Netflix and Gamefly and wanted both so they're like YAY im smart...Gamenflix w00t....

i dunno........................

not having the games right away is a down side as well, so the price being lower is just trying to level it out in my mind...but yeah im a gamefly fanboy ;)

Malevolos
04-15-2006, 12:30 PM
I've been with gamefly for quite a while now, never had a problem. I used to have the 3 game plan but dropped back to the 1 game plan since getting my 360 because I don't even want original Xbox or PS2 games anymore, and 360 games don't get released very often at this point.

scoobydiesel
04-16-2006, 12:35 AM
they are starting to get good for 360 game scedule, we've had like 2-5 games each month, doesnt mean you want to play them all, but i mean they are there....and with gameflys speed thankfully we get then the same week(or the day after relase) so thats always awesome

SixtyeightState
04-18-2006, 05:27 AM
I've thought about signing up for them, but I'm still wondering.