PDA

View Full Version : Simple Question About Transfer Data To 360 Slim

JeppeBoy
10-17-2010, 12:55 AM
When I get my Xbox 360 Slim and transfer cable, is everything I have to do is to just move everything over to the Slim with the cable. Or do I have to do anything else?

I've seen something called License Transfer or whatever, what is that?
Do I have to do it?

Will all my content, every add-on, demo, save-files, microsoft points and ETC have been transfered with my Live account to the 250GB hard drive?

koopakiller64
10-17-2010, 01:13 AM
Heres a link on how to transfer your License to a new console
http://www.xbox.com/en-us/support/systemuse/xbox360/licensemigration/

Yes you want to do that or most of your xbox arcade games will only be trials if your not connected to XBL. When i transferred my memory to another console, everything was still there (GT, MS points, save files and so forth.

JeppeBoy
10-17-2010, 01:17 AM
Heres a link on how to transfer your License to a new console
http://www.xbox.com/en-us/support/systemuse/xbox360/licensemigration/

Yes you want to do that or most of your xbox arcade games will only be trials if your not connected to XBL. When i transferred my memory to another console, everything was still there (GT, MS points, save files and so forth.
So if I am on Xbox Live and transfer the data, it shouldn't be any problem?
What is the license transfer for?
And, do I HAVE to do the license transfer when I'm transferring the data to the new hard drive?

EmporerDragon
10-17-2010, 03:54 AM
The license transfer would enable you to be able to use any dlc/arcade games you purchased on the old console on the new console without being signed into live.

If you're always signed into live, then you really won't notice a difference, and if the old console will still see use, it might be best to leave the licenses on the old console as then you'd be able to use the content on both consoles at the same time (provided both are connected to Live).

MachineZed
10-17-2010, 04:59 AM
The license transfer would enable you to be able to use any dlc/arcade games you purchased on the old console on the new console without being signed into live.

If you're always signed into live, then you really won't notice a difference, and if the old console will still see use, it might be best to leave the licenses on the old console as then you'd be able to use the content on both consoles at the same time (provided both are connected to Live).
I would point out that XBL was down an entire day last year when it updated to the current Dashboard. And there is currently a new dashboard in beta, and due to arrive in less than a month.

So there will be a good chance that you will not be able to access your content that day unless you transfer your licenses before hand. It doesn't cost a thing, and it is easy to do.

Crypdan
10-17-2010, 08:05 AM
Question: The new xbox slim comes with the transfer cable?

EmporerDragon
10-17-2010, 08:46 AM
Question: The new xbox slim comes with the transfer cable?

No. Transfer Cables are purchased separately.