PDA

View Full Version : EASY method for lock it up and in your crosshairs achievements!!!!!!!!!!!!

cowboy bob
10-17-2010, 12:58 AM
Since the achievement guide(s) where not helpful for these 2 achievements I decided to figure out a idiot proof way as well as a EASY method for nabbing these annoying achievements.

LOCK IT UP

This method words best with 2 controllers.

choose play now from the main menu. Next choose exhibition game.

Home team (controller 1) = Alabama Crimson Tide
Away team (Controller 2) = San Jose Spartans

Once in the game have controller 2 receive and you kick the ball off. After the kick off you will choose the following play for each team.

Alabama = sort by play type. Choose MAN. Then choose man coverage. Find the play double outside. I believe its play number 24 or 27. Cant remember which

San Jose = sort by play type. Choose Pass then standard pass. Find the play "Y shallow cross"

Once you are all set up at the line of scrimmage have controller 1 press B to cycle through the players until you are the CB that covering the B WR. Click in the LS (left stick) Take controller 2 and press A to hike the ball. As soon the the QB comes to the end of his 5 step drop tap B to lob a pass to that WR. Take controller 1 and press Y to intercept the ball. Now all you have to do is score a TD and presto. Achievement unlocked!

If you want to make things a bit easier Edit the Speed, acceleration of the following positions for San Jose so that the stats say 0(zero) (you need to edit the player that is in the top spot for that position on San Jose's roster.)

LT
LG
C
RG
RT
TE

Once you do that go into you settings and house rules. Highlight the setting Player Min speed threshold and make sure its all the way to the left (zero)

Those should make it a hell of alot easier. Enjoy this now easy achievement :)

IN YOUR CROSSHAIRS

This method words best with 2 controllers.

choose play now from the main menu. Next choose exhibition game.

Home team (controller 1) = Alabama Crimson Tide
Away team (Controller 2) = San Jose Spartans

Once in the game have controller 2 receive and you kick the ball off. After the kick off you will choose the following play for each team.

Alabama = sort by play type. Choose MAN. Then choose man coverage. Find the play double outside. I believe its play number 24 or close to it.

San Jose = sort by play type. Choose Pass then standard pass. Find the play "Y shallow cross"

Once you are all set up at the line of scrimmage have controller 1 press and hold LT and press B to spot light that WR. Once thats done, press B to cycle through the players until you are the CB that covering the B WR. Take controller 2 and press A to hike the ball. As soon the the QB comes to the end of his 5 step drop tap B to lob a pass to that WR. Take controller 1 and press Y to intercept the ball. Presto. Achievement unlocked!

there you have it folks, both easy methods. With those, it took me about 5 minutes for each achievement, nabbing them in 10 minutes!

njbomber86
10-17-2010, 07:57 PM
thankks for this

cowboy bob
10-23-2010, 09:23 PM
thankks for this no problem, hope its helping you guys outs

MartyO
10-24-2010, 10:57 PM
Got this on my second attempt - the first time the WR tackled me! Thanks!

cowboy bob
10-26-2010, 12:31 AM
Got this on my second attempt - the first time the WR tackled me! Thanks! See, much better then what the guide said. Wish the OP of the guide would input this into the guide. At least with these method its a sure way to get those achievements. They are idiot proof even!

OptimusTron30
11-02-2010, 07:49 PM
@OP: Your methods worked perfectly, thanks.

cowboy bob
11-03-2010, 03:27 AM
@OP: Your methods worked perfectly, thanks. glad it helped!!!!!

cowboy bob
11-20-2010, 04:07 AM
nm figured it out lo figured what out?

Mathematics
11-28-2010, 05:12 AM
Just to add on to the original note for Lock It Up......

This method and particular play works great, just add a few thing that will make sure you get it the first time.....

1)Go with a goal line D that has no coverage in the secondary, thus ensuring that only your player will go for the floater

2)call the plays for O and D, then lock your CB in...at that point you can essentially put that controller down.

3)snap the ball on O, dropstep, then lob a floater. INSTANTLY switch control on O to the WR it is going to and get him away from the pass and also far enough away to prevent him from making a tackle once the CPU gets to INT for you.

4) Just let the CPU run the ball into the endzone....what you need to do is just keep tapping the button to take control of the closest guy to your CB and move them away from him.

With this additional help, you will be sure to get the achievement in your 1st or 2nd try, no roster or slider adjustment necessary.

Chemosh013
12-08-2010, 02:39 AM
thank you!! worked like a charm after doing the speed / acceleration edit.

rocmano44
01-31-2011, 07:46 PM
thanks! Wow this forum is great.

xMidget_Furyx
02-13-2011, 12:41 AM
how do you get the defender to catch the ball instead of swatting it away i have INT's set to 100

xMidget_Furyx
02-13-2011, 07:24 AM
well since i couldn't get the dumb fucker to catch the ball i was literally throwing to him. i got it with a single controller solution. I played as Ohio State against Hawaii (they pass alot) and after a few game (3 or 4) of literally everytime i got the ball back I kicked it back to them. I played Dime Cover 2. I was locked on the MLB got 5 or 5 INT's but always got tackled then I switched to the CB and finally got it.

HugTheBear
07-26-2011, 09:37 PM
THANK YOU!!! This achievement was driving me absolutely nuts! I don't know how many times my DB or OLB would drop a for sure pick six.

Gamerscore Gods
09-04-2011, 05:34 AM
Awesome! Thanks

O2DAZ81
11-08-2011, 03:34 AM
If you are having trouble getting the CB or MLB to catch the interception, it's because you are playing on Freshman difficulty. Switch it to Heisman and you'll catch nearly every pass.

AWC GOTTI
05-10-2012, 05:15 AM
If you are having trouble getting the CB or MLB to catch the interception, it's because you are playing on Freshman difficulty. Switch it to Heisman and you'll catch nearly every pass.

thank you so much for this

AWC GOTTI
08-07-2012, 10:16 PM
made a vid for you guys :D Subscribe. Like. Favorite and all that good junk.

NCCA Football 11 - Lock it Up Achievement Guide - YouTube

TheRedRodCod
08-28-2012, 06:25 AM
very nice. thanks.

punk2core
08-19-2013, 06:12 PM
Thanks for that info. Sat here for 20 mins trying to figure out why he couldn't catch the ball