PDA

View Full Version : Is the online still in beta?

II M1CK3H II
10-17-2010, 01:35 AM
Because it sure feels that way. I've lost track of how many kills I've gotten because of the hit detection failing to recognise where I'm actually aiming. After playing the beta a couple months back, it feels like the only thing they've done with it is smooth out the transitions from death to menu and so on. All the other issues pretty much remain, such as the ridiculous spawn camping on some maps etc.

The thing that disappoints me most though is that DICE made the mp part of the game, and all I can say is it must have been a stupidly small portion of DICE devs working on it because calling this game a finished product is beyond a joke.

Oh well, roll on BC2: Vietnam!

blee717
10-17-2010, 01:42 AM
I think DICE is good at making large scale warfare games to promote people from rambo players to tacticians. I think Medal of Honor proves that small ground warfare isn't their forte. I'm not saying the multiplayer is bad, I love it but it doesn't offer anything new. Its all been done.

Stickman400
10-17-2010, 02:18 AM
Yeah, it doesn't seem like they put much more effort into completing this games MP compared to the BETA. It's amazing how much BC2s dedicated servers "smooth" the gameplay out compared to this P2P crap. I don't see how this game came from the same people that made BC2, it seems unreal.

beezee_boi
10-17-2010, 02:32 AM
The multiplayer in my opinion isn't all bad. It does have some frustrating parts just like any other game but I mean like or love it it is what it is.

[ Vehemence ]
10-17-2010, 02:33 AM
I was transferring data from my 120GB to my new 250GB today when I noticed it was moving MOH Beta. I remember that brief day or two that I tested it out. It does seem to play identical to that day. This is bullshit!!

I thought Codemasters released a failed game with OF. Now, I'm sure EA have surpassed them.

iiDaRReN316x
10-17-2010, 08:17 AM
I Still think DICE didnt care while making he online for this game, as they didnt want it beating BAD CO2

stuhp
10-17-2010, 07:46 PM
I Still think DICE didnt care while making he online for this game, as they didnt want it beating BAD CO2

lol that's agreeable: Battlefield is their main selling point, after all. But you do realize that part of the revenue from this game goes to the same company, right? A dollar is a dollar to these companies, no matter what the item you bought is :)

But one thing I do want to touch on is the possibility that not all of DICE was in on Medal of Honor's multiplayer. We all know that the Battlefield 3 beta will be out soon, which means it's currently in production alongside BC2Vietnam - which also means that DICE is possibly currently, irregularly divided in terms of projects - which means a small portion of that bigger DICE was appointed to work specifically on Medal of Honor! *INHALE* Woo! Run-on sentences for the lack of breath! :D But this could explain why Medal of Honor does not stack up to the game company's previous, more successful games/ series - it just didn't have DICE's full attention.

Granted, now that Medal of Honor is on store shelves, that (very) small production team is now being appointed to work on DICE's bigger projects. Even if this game does get DLC, it probably won't ever see the praise of its maker. Sad, really - it's like the bastard child of DICE. :D

xTGMx INF3RNO
10-17-2010, 07:50 PM
Why is everyone crying about this. Its absolutly brilliant online. Ok bc2 is better more selection of guns ect. But moh is still much better than mw2. and runs very smooth

EchoX860
10-17-2010, 08:31 PM
I stopped playing the Multi and went back to MW2.

Killbomb
10-17-2010, 10:14 PM
The MP is ok but I am sick of dying and not knowing what the hell happened 95% of the time. A kill cam would do wonders. The spawn camping is, of course, ridiculous as well. I think Reach is way better than any of the current "realistic" military shooters. You can run and fight instead of having to camp and you can see everyone clearly. I doubt I even play MoH enough to get the rest of the achievements.