PDA

View Full Version : Fire Controller (boosting methods??)

backonceagain
10-17-2010, 03:37 AM
Fire Controller Boosting Methods

There are a number of different methods in this thread that can be used to get Fire Controller.. Some require abit of luck and alot of teamwork and planning by your group but using these methods you will eventually get lucky and get the achievement.. I posted how i boosted my achievement but since then i have done it with a few different people on different stages and it all comes down to some luck and finding those perfect spots..

lostanfoundit
10-17-2010, 03:48 AM
Well I tried getting the achievement for 2 days in like 4 groups from here, but eventually we got in a game with just us and knocked it out.. so i think a bit of luck is required but it can def be done. Just takes patience and communication.

Side note i tried today with another guy and got to 560 before i dropped a bomb on myself :(

backonceagain
10-17-2010, 03:56 AM
so you can end up in a game with no one esle in it??
i want to buy this game but i also want to get 1000 on it and that fire controller achievement is the only one i think i might have troubles with.
if i knew there was a deffinate way to boost this achievement i would have bought this game already but it seems like you need alot of luck just to end up in a game with no people..

I think i might even wait another month or something until black ops comes outs. That way hopefully no one will be playing this game and we can get a group of boosters together to finish fire controller by ourselves in an empty game type.

akumared
10-17-2010, 04:27 AM
Well I tried getting the achievement for 2 days in like 4 groups from here, but eventually we got in a game with just us and knocked it out.. so i think a bit of luck is required but it can def be done. Just takes patience and communication.

Side note i tried today with another guy and got to 560 before i dropped a bomb on myself :(

Can you explain how many people were in your group? Was it 12 or 24 people?
and when you said you got in a game with just the group that were with you, you didn't have any other random players?
I'm just trying to get as much info to see how people are managing to boost on this damn chivo.
Thank you... :confused:

backonceagain
10-17-2010, 04:31 AM
lostanfoundit did you only have 4ppl in your group when you boosted fire controller?? also did you have any randoms join into your game while you guys were boosting the achievement???

Langeboy
10-17-2010, 04:49 AM
Sorry to be off-topic here, but I have a question about the 'fire controller' achievement and it seems people are already asking here.
The achievement says, 'use one of every type of offensive support' is this in ONE game all together, or can I use each type in different games? Because using the defensive support adds to a lot of points which is handy to getting to 600, but I'm not sure if it's to a wasted cause.

backonceagain
10-17-2010, 04:53 AM
well i was reading another thread before and apparently it does NOT have to be in one game. it can be over numerous games. you only have to use each one to get the achievement.

Langeboy
10-17-2010, 06:19 AM
well i was reading another thread before and apparently it does NOT have to be in one game. it can be over numerous games. you only have to use each one to get the achievement.
Well that makes the achievement slightly easier to obtain, I guess. Hopefully a boosting method will pop-up somewhere soon.

newbsicle
10-17-2010, 06:20 AM
Here's a simple boosting method for Tier 1.

Get 5-6 people together and separate in groups of two as you search for sector control matches. Eventually you will find a game that's empty and you can invite the remaining people. Once everyone is in you will all take turns capturing the flag. Using this method you will get roughly 4000 points every 15 mins.This is also a good way to get the fire controller achievement - just be sure you call all offensive strikes.

backonceagain
10-17-2010, 07:31 AM
so the only real boosting method is to be lucky and join a game that no one is in?? did you guys have randoms join your game while you were boosting or can you get away with an entire game with no one else joining??

backonceagain
10-17-2010, 09:02 AM
damn that sucks bro.. did you end up getting it done??
seems like this is still gonna be tricky to boost with randoms joining your game..
can you still get through an entire game without randoms joining or do you have to be lucky???

im all the rage
10-17-2010, 10:42 AM
I tried boosting this bitch last night, but had no luck : (
Then I got the achievement legit this morning : )
My only advice for anyone going the legit route is simple, as much as you might hate it, like myself, Hang back, Snipe, and once you get afew kills from a sniping spot move cos people will come back for.
and of course use you support items to build the chain, you'll be surprised at how quick it goes up, and go for head shot kills cos they add and extra 5 points per kill.
thats all I can say.

homer09001
10-17-2010, 01:52 PM
why boost its perfectly atainable albeit by camping with a sniper rifle ;)

if you have already used a particular offensive streak use Defensive instead your guaranteed at least 30 points for each Defensive streak used and more for some.

homer09001
10-17-2010, 01:54 PM
I tried boosting this bitch last night, but had no luck : (
Then I got the achievement legit this morning : )
My only advice for anyone going the legit route is simple, as much as you might hate it, like myself, Hang back, Snipe, and once you get afew kills from a sniping spot move cos people will come back for.
and of course use you support items to build the chain, you'll be surprised at how quick it goes up, and go for head shot kills cos they add and extra 5 points per kill.
thats all I can say.

Just to add to that if you try and do this on a game mode with capable objectives you can get an extra 3 points if they person is within a set distance of the objective.

Barad
10-17-2010, 02:04 PM
I've played with around 30 people from this site in the last 3 days trying to boost this and I've gotten nowhere! This achievement is pretty much impossble I don't understand how people are even boosting it, I'd love to know!

x SHIRO x
10-17-2010, 05:08 PM
I've played with around 30 people from this site in the last 3 days trying to boost this and I've gotten nowhere! This achievement is pretty much impossble I don't understand how people are even boosting it, I'd love to know!

Same here.
I've gotten into a lot of boosting groups the last days and no one knows how to do it :(.

Mikey1610
10-17-2010, 06:05 PM
Same here.
I've gotten into a lot of boosting groups the last days and no one knows how to do it :(.

Best way would be to just take in turns capturing the flag, would only take 5 mins for everybody to get it.

Hard part is getting 24 boosters and guaranteeing that everybody plays ball and does it properly.

Gackt
10-17-2010, 07:32 PM
I dont understand why people have a big issue getting this achievement... play combat mission and while on offense..dont push up when you're team takes the objectives just sit way in the back and snipe people. I got 48 kills in a row pretty easily doing this.

Barad
10-17-2010, 10:34 PM
I dont understand why people have a big issue getting this achievement... play combat mission and while on offense..dont push up when you're team takes the objectives just sit way in the back and snipe people. I got 48 kills in a row pretty easily doing this.

48 kills? Major respect to you but hell I can't snipe for shit..more importantly they counter snipe!

backonceagain
10-17-2010, 11:57 PM
yeh i still dont know whether or not i want to buy this game..
seems like fire controller is hard to get legit and boosting...

lostanfoundit
10-18-2010, 12:29 AM
Aight well another guy and myself were in a game with like 12 randoms but 14 players total. After the round everyone just started dropping out so we had the game to ourselves. I invited someone who was in another group trying to get it, which he join brining like 4 guys. After we all got it we invited 2 more players and let them get it. We were playing sector control the whole time. All in all only had one random join in like 3 hours, but he had a mic and joined in to get it also.

If you do get this kinda game and invite people we found that taking turns capturing the flag back and forth got us massive points. Ended up having around 4500+ points after 1 round. Took maybe 2 hours to get level 14 from 8 before I went to bed.

backonceagain
10-18-2010, 01:56 AM
farkkk hearing that stuff makes me want to get this game now..
so it seems like there is alot of luck to boosting this.. would anyone say this is a pretty easy 1000g?? seem like high achiever and fire controller are the only ones that take some skill and with the right luck they can probably even be boosted..

backonceagain
10-18-2010, 05:12 AM
yeah all this talk of spawn killing and people dieing with in a few minutes is turning me away from this fucken game.. it sucks cos i thought this would have been a really sick game but now it looks like i wont be buying it anymore.. i might get it later down the track when no one is playing it so it will be alot easier to boost..

sgt giblets
10-18-2010, 05:26 AM
i wouldn't bother full stop if im honest mate.
im one of the biggest cod and moh fans you'll find, and they really have completely destroyed what could of been a very good game :( i was sooo disapointed with the multiplayer and campaign. but saying that im gonna make it my mission to 1000g this.

backonceagain
10-18-2010, 05:32 AM
damn that sucks.. thanks for being honest anyways bro..
im still keen to buy it and try and 1000 it but looks like it isnt worth it anyway.. guess ill pass it up and hope the next one is better.. cheers

Gackt
10-18-2010, 06:32 AM
yeah all this talk of spawn killing and people dieing with in a few minutes is turning me away from this fucken game.. it sucks cos i thought this would have been a really sick game but now it looks like i wont be buying it anymore.. i might get it later down the track when no one is playing it so it will be alot easier to boost..

The spawn killing does get annoying but there are many reasons aside from that to NOT get this game...lack of maps, lack of weapons, horrific lag which was a big issue in the beta...glad they did nothing about that lol. I would recommend renting it though...even with its flaws its fun to play for at least a little while.

undergr3nades
10-18-2010, 02:07 PM
I got this achievement legit, but I've been thinking of other ways for people that can't obtain this, and ONE method I thought was you only need two people, (you and your friend) anyone else is more than welcome. if you can get on separate teams during combat assault I believe, the person trying to get this achievement needs to be on the Defensive side, and just hide, hang back, and the person on the offensive will spawn quick. Run back to your hiding friend who is getting the achievement whom is playing on the DEFENSE but BEHIND enemy lines.

bcfc123
10-18-2010, 06:07 PM
JUst got this acheivement i can confirm you dont need to do them all in 1 match, I used the team killstreaks to build my score to 300 points then i just went for the last 2 offensive streaks got them and acheivement unlocked.

mattjv2099
10-18-2010, 07:41 PM
farkkk hearing that stuff makes me want to get this game now..
so it seems like there is alot of luck to boosting this.. would anyone say this is a pretty easy 1000g?? seem like high achiever and fire controller are the only ones that take some skill and with the right luck they can probably even be boosted..

Definitely not an easy 1000g. I think I'm at 795g???? Well that was the easy part. The rest are somewhat difficult and 1 is freaking insanely hard. I'm just working on them slowly.

And hoping that after Black Ops comes out this game will be a ghost town and then it will be easy to boost fire controller.

Dead Herb
10-18-2010, 10:40 PM
I just got the achievement, me and a mate boosted it 1 match after another with a load of randoms he got it then I did, heres how we did it..

1: Game Type: Sector Control
2: Map: Kunar Base

First off you need to get on the opposite team to your boosting buddy to do this 1 person enters the game while the other keeps an eye on their tag for a joinable game (it will say online at the bottom then joinable when it is).
The person in the game will tell you if the spot is on the other team when it says joinable, when it is join in off "join session in progress".

When your in whoever starts at Alpha Flag spawn is the 1 who will be doing the killing you will need a sniper, now from where you start run straight ahead and round to the right where theres a some blocks you can jump on and use as a good snipe spot cause you can see straight down to Charlie Flag, jump up and jump slightly to the right on a ledge on the boxes hugging the tree (a perfect camping snipe spot).
From here your buddy continually runs to the Charlie Flag tells you when he's there and you spam the Headshots on him.

This worked perfectly for me and my mate, so long as the teams are semi-ok and it just becomes a battle for Bravo, its relitively easy as your team constantly spawns at Alpha keeping you safe and the other team spawns at Charlie for easy pickings from distance.

Mikey1610
10-20-2010, 09:15 AM
As your skill level goes up this becomes much harder to get legit - everybody is aware of the sneaky sniper spots and you'll do well to even get this from camping now, unlike the first week this game came out.

Anybody wanting to boost this, it's a total nightmare!

Dice made this as hard as possible.

You should all put in certain letters for your clan tag so you'll know who's a booster and who isn't.

Max game party is 4 players. These have to search to get in a game of Sector Control. Then somebody else should have these people on their friends list, go in to play with friends and keep pressing A to get in the game - it will keep saying server full but you'll get in eventually - rinse and repeat for more people to get in. The people in the game should be trying to force the others to get fed up and quit, ie by not playing and just hiding somewhere in the map. It will require patience for everybody to get in - took us around 2 hours.

Whilst you are trying to match up there should be 3 xbox live parties of 8 people so you can communicate.

Then you just need to take turns capturing any of the flags - should take 5mins for everybody to get 600 points, however...

Problems once you've matched up -
Game froze twice, had to reboot and keep searching to get in the game again but luckily got in - can take ages though!

Was killed over and over with rocket attacks - 3 times I was on 550 points so that pissed me off a lot. People need to aim them far away but some do it on purpose!!
We had 2 randoms in to start with and no problem with them but more and more boosters gradually left (thanks tossers!) and eventually it was just impossible to get with too many randoms.

I'm not even sure if I would boost this way again it was that frustrating but right now it's the only real way to do it. They've just announced 2 new game modes - maybe one will have less players and be easier to boost, ie 4 v 4 v 4 v 4 or maybe they will send out an update to sort out only being able to have 4 friends together in a lobby.

Good luck if you're going for this.

backonceagain
10-22-2010, 01:26 AM
Yes everyone knows about the TRADING THREAD.. We are talking about BOOSTING METHODS... So go correct someone in a different thread buddy..

Yeah depending on certain times it will be alot easier to get empty lobbies for boosting partys.. It sounds like it comes down to abit of luck and timing but iam hopen when i do buy this i will be able to join into an empty lobby to boost fire controller and high avhiever.. I live in Australia and constatly notice in other games the drop in people once it gets to late or the times change overseas.. So i hope this will help me in getting an empty lobby to boost...

newbsicle
10-24-2010, 05:01 AM
so the only real boosting method is to be lucky and join a game that no one is in?? did you guys have randoms join your game while you were boosting or can you get away with an entire game with no one else joining??

We lucked out. For whatever reason nobody could join the game without an invite.

The way I originally got the achievement was a little more difficult. Four of us group together and the party leader searched for combat mission. If we all ended up on the same team we would leave and search again until one of us was on another team. When one of us was finally setup on the opposing team we would wait until that player was on the defending team. The player defending would run behind the spawn of the attacking team and hide. The players on the opposing team or attacking team would then run towards the hidden player and get killed until he accumulated 600 and called in all assault streaks.

After the games over he unlocks the achievement then we would search again until someone else is on an opposing team. There are certain maps that work better than others. Some have choke points down the middle so if you try to run past the attacking team they'll likely see and kill you. You could however always find a spot to hide and wait for the attacking team to capture and move up.

backonceagain
10-26-2010, 02:57 AM
Well i just boosted my FireController achievement and i did it differently in a full game of randoms so i figured i might aswell post how i did it. We only had 3 other people in a full server, It can be done with you and a friend but it is alot easier with more people.

We done it on a Hardcore Sector Control but can be done in Sector Control, I found the best stage was Kunarhabar Marketplace (cant remember name but its something like that) When you spawn it is on the right hand side at the start of the stage, You walk through a metal gate and then walk to your right up a flight of stairs then jump on the rock wall to your right hand side, At this spot you can aim down the right hand side of that building and shoot you buddys head off, It can be annoying but easily doable with 2 or more people, When your friends spawn they will run down the left hand side and once in that same alley, your friend stands in the corner so you can just see his head over the top of the stone wall.

Can also be done on that snow stage, If the person that wants the achievement is on the Defending team, with alittle bit of luck you can sneak behind the enemies and then shoot your mates and randoms from behind without them ever knowing where you are, I climber ontop of a rock while defending on the top right side of the stage infront of the first plane and killed the other team from behind aswell as shooting my mates who were helping me and i managed to hit 550 and then someone found me but luckily in that same game i hit 600 the next try in the same position..

Sorry if it is hard to understand but it is even harder to explain by typing.. Always join in a party of friends and then as soon as you all enter the game, the person who wants the achievement pick someone else on the other team and then "join there session in progress" this will put one person on the opposite team allowing you to kill your friends, team work and cooperating and working quickly from the start of the map is essencial bacause games can end quicker then expect, this can also be done in a full game of randoms. Hope this helps you guys that still need this achievement...

oxxooxxxxxooxxo
10-26-2010, 10:29 AM
instead of boosting you could play a 15 minute game and get it legit with ease.. Play combat mission until your playing helmand valley or whatever and your on the offensive side, choose sniper and use the 2nd unlockable sniper weapon if you can (otherwise you might have difficulty with this method).
Then all you need to do is hide behind the 2 side by side crates (when selecting class press X to deploy in base during the first objective they are around there) and just camp like an asshole. you may die a bit but once your teammates capture objective 1, simply remain in this spot and continue sniping at enemies on the hill, in building windows or on the far left upper ledges behind boulders. when you hit 50 points, do not use your support action, first get 70 points, and then use the defensive action (right on dpad) this will get you to 100 points and you can use the 2nd defensive action and you will be 2-3 kills away from your 3rd killstreak. get a couple more kills and use the 3rd defensive action which should either get your 4th streak instantly or put you 1 kill away from it. the rest is simple, use the defensive actions and each will either get you the next streak instantly or require 1-2 more kills. finally on killstreak 7 use your missile. if you also need streak 6, i suggest you skip it on your first good streak to make sure you get the missile, then just redo (suicide or whatever) and use offensive support once you reach 6th streak. this is the method i use anytime i get on this map and i consistently get 1500-2000 points in a game (requiring only 10-15 kills to get my killstreak 7) and it is also the method i used to rank up to a level 15 for the tier 1 achievement, which took about 1 and 1/2 hours from level 11. I highly reccomend people try this before trying to organize unnecessary 24 man boosting parties as it is honestly a very easy achievement which you should easily be able to achieve before you reach level 15 which you will need to do anyways for your tier 1 acheivement.

good luck boosting though if you really cant handle this.

isw42
10-26-2010, 12:46 PM
Is there a way to change the language on the console so that you only play with other people who speak the same language? I ask because in Halo 3, you could change your language settings to some obscure language, have your friends do the same, and then when you are searching for games it would only match you up with people who had the same language settings. Maybe that is the key to getting into games with boosters only?

Also, I don't have the achievement yet, but Dead Herb was on to something in his post above. Find someone on the opposing team willing to boost and just have your friend go to the same spot over and over so you can kill him. That sounds like a solid plan.

Or just wait 'til Black Ops comes out and only boosters will be playing this game!

Gooseboxer
11-03-2010, 11:35 PM
Do you have to actually hit someone for the strike to be counted as used?

Pashos
11-04-2010, 02:09 AM
Do you have to actually hit someone for the strike to be counted as used?

No. As long as you call in the strike, it will count. It doesn't have to hit anyone.

TERMINATOR 2452
11-05-2010, 12:48 AM
No need to boost iv found away to get it ,so easy its a joke... combat mission , airport level as attackers , check me other post .. trust me ,if your level 7 sniper you can do it ...if i can do it with a laggy 2 mbps connection ,where everyone kills me with 1 bullet on easy (i hated this game so bad ) you can do it......;):drunk

littlejay
11-10-2010, 03:04 AM
reading all this i thought i would have to boost. i refused to do any sniping in this game but i decided to try it for 2 hours and got this achievement legit. back to lvl 11 rifle till i 1k this game :)

Big Bad Coll
11-11-2010, 01:39 PM
My friend and I tried every way possible to do this, we finally found a really good spot that I can guarantee works every time.

Play Team Objective on Gamzir Town (not sure if I've spelled that correctly). The person going for the achievement needs to be defending. As soon as the match starts sprint left down into the river and up the bank on the other side, the first building you come to on your right will have wooden stairs going up to the roof. Once you go up there, on the far side of the roof, there will be some wooden pallets stacked up and the wall is broken behind them. Crouch down with the pallets on your left as a sniper and look through the gap in the wall. You will have a perfect line of sight to the enemy's spawn zone, they will just keep coming out of the gates towards the objective on your side of the map for you to kill.

When we first did this whoever was on the attackers team stood in the spawn zone to add to the other person's kills, we both got the cruise missile with no problems at all. Snipers on the opposite team were looking for me but for some reason I didn't get shot at the entire match. I tried looking towards where my friend was when he was going for the achievement and it's really hard to spot the sniper in that position.

I've since tried it two other times on my own, got the cruise missile again on my first attempt and died on my second solo attempt after using my sixth offensive support as I thought i'd aimed it at the spawn zone but the target had registered on the wall right in front of my eyes and it killed me.

The only slight problem with this method is if you spawn to the right hand side, occasionally enemies will get to the objective on that side of the map before you can get to the stairs and they have a clear line of sight on the stairs. Apart from that my only advice would be to check medalofhonour.com to see which offensive supports you've used and use the defensive ones for guranteed points, for some reason when you aim at the spawn zone with offensive supports it says "NO TARGET" even though 99% of the time you'll be aiming at at least five enemies. Or you'll do my trick and bomb yourself rather than the enemy, which pisses you off big time if you're getting close to the 600!!

I would have liked to post a video but I haven't got the first idea how to. I tried to draw a rough picture of the position on Paint to post but it looked like i'd gave my 3 yr old daughters a load of coloured crayons and let her loose!!

Post back in here if my description isn't very clear, I guarantee this works. I was trying for weeks for Fire Controller and this is the only mehtod i've found to work every time (if you dis-regard my retard attempt where I killed myself).

Good luck people!

sleepingrhino
11-12-2010, 02:22 AM
My friend and I tried every way possible to do this, we finally found a really good spot that I can guarantee works every time.

Play Team Objective on Gamzir Town (not sure if I've spelled that correctly). The person going for the achievement needs to be defending. As soon as the match starts sprint left down into the river and up the bank on the other side, the first building you come to on your right will have wooden stairs going up to the roof. Once you go up there, on the far side of the roof, there will be some wooden pallets stacked up and the wall is broken behind them. Crouch down with the pallets on your left as a sniper and look through the gap in the wall. You will have a perfect line of sight to the enemy's spawn zone, they will just keep coming out of the gates towards the objective on your side of the map for you to kill.

When we first did this whoever was on the attackers team stood in the spawn zone to add to the other person's kills, we both got the cruise missile with no problems at all. Snipers on the opposite team were looking for me but for some reason I didn't get shot at the entire match. I tried looking towards where my friend was when he was going for the achievement and it's really hard to spot the sniper in that position.

I've since tried it two other times on my own, got the cruise missile again on my first attempt and died on my second solo attempt after using my sixth offensive support as I thought i'd aimed it at the spawn zone but the target had registered on the wall right in front of my eyes and it killed me.

The only slight problem with this method is if you spawn to the right hand side, occasionally enemies will get to the objective on that side of the map before you can get to the stairs and they have a clear line of sight on the stairs. Apart from that my only advice would be to check medalofhonour.com to see which offensive supports you've used and use the defensive ones for guranteed points, for some reason when you aim at the spawn zone with offensive supports it says "NO TARGET" even though 99% of the time you'll be aiming at at least five enemies. Or you'll do my trick and bomb yourself rather than the enemy, which pisses you off big time if you're getting close to the 600!!

I would have liked to post a video but I haven't got the first idea how to. I tried to draw a rough picture of the position on Paint to post but it looked like i'd gave my 3 yr old daughters a load of coloured crayons and let her loose!!

Post back in here if my description isn't very clear, I guarantee this works. I was trying for weeks for Fire Controller and this is the only mehtod i've found to work every time (if you dis-regard my retard attempt where I killed myself).

Good luck people!

Hey man I can't find the spot you are talking about. Can you show me?

I think I am at the spot I just have no idea how to see through the wall. Do you smash the crates?

Also do you mean Objective Raid?

GMT: MRChubles

Big Bad Coll
11-12-2010, 10:18 AM
Yeah, Objective Raid, sorry.

I know the description isn't the best, when you start the match as defenders you have to run left towards the left-hand objective. You'll go down to the river bed and up the other bank and at the top of the bank is a building on your right. Go round the corner and there is a door into the building with the stairs rising over the building to the roof. When you get onto the roof, on the opposite side is some wooden pallets stacked up. Crouch on the right side of these pallets and look towards the enemy's spawn zone and you should have a clear line of sight to an opening with a gate, the enemies will come out of here.

I'll try and recreate my child's drawing of the bit I mean and post it.

Big Bad Coll
11-12-2010, 11:03 AM
Hope i've attached this correctly, but here's my attempt at a sketch of the position.

EDIT: Ok, didn't attach it correctly!! Can anybody give me any guidance on how to attach pictures? I've got a .jpg file that is below the allowable file size limits but i'm doing something wrong.

Big Bad Coll
11-12-2010, 11:14 AM

Finally worked it out, i was trying to upload the original image which was far too big, noob!!!!!

Anyways, hope this is helpful.

Spud32g
11-12-2010, 02:29 PM
yeah a lot of peopel said it was easy and a lot have made videos but they just get lucky because if you watch they hardly ever even get shot at but when i go to try that i get nades thrown at me shot at and offsensive strikes dropped on me wtf....

sleepingrhino
11-12-2010, 10:25 PM
So I've tried that spot a few times now. Still no luck. It's a great sniper spot, I have only died in the spot once. Best round was 24-0 but I still couldn't get to the top chain. Should I call offensive or defensive supports?

Big Bad Coll
11-13-2010, 10:45 AM
Always use defensive up until you get to an offensive support you haven't used. If you're not sure check medalofhonor.com, there's a pie chart on the stats section somewhere that shows you a percentage of which offensive supports you've used.

Be very careful using offensive supports in that spot, for some reason it registers "no target" on most of the places you point. Plus it's got a nasty habit of registering your target as the wall directly in front of you, which is why I screwed my first attempt when I was on a 500+ streak.

keung
11-14-2010, 11:46 PM
I also tried the Mazar-I-Sharif Airfield tactic. I managed to get close to 600 (match ended and my score was 617, prolly got a ribbon for being #1 or something). Very effective tactic if you're playing versus people who don't know about that spot. If you're playing against someone who knows about it, you're pretty much screwed.

Got close as defender as well, stood on the left side of the hangar (looking from the defender's POV) after the coalition broke the 3rd objective. But again, the game ended.

Finally got the achievement on Helmund Valley in attack. If you stand where the second objective is when your team is assaulting the third, you can "easily" snipe the opfor. I just launched a ton of offensive supports into where the opfor spawns, and landed on 554 before my team broke the third objective. Got really lucky on the fourth objective as one headshot kill was enough was enough for 600 :)

nejvetsiborec
11-15-2010, 01:48 PM
YouTube - Medal of Honor Fire Controller Achievement - EASY BOOST!!

agentcastle
11-15-2010, 06:14 PM
best bet is to post under achievement trading or check there for posters who are on-line; ideally you'd get on when there are between 100 and 150 players (either sector control or hardcore) and possibly with a player from Canada or Europe or someone who's downloading a ton (tend to get more "dead groups")

one of 6 guys finds a dead/dying group and invites others - as soon as a random joins everyone message him/send FR to get his/her attn

in sector control everyone can get it (ala GOW KOH boosting), with objective raid only 2 of 6 can get it - one from each team and have the two others plant explosives/get killed, and then disarm explosives

unfortunately LUCK is still the main factor - as example I was in the 500s when a random joined, walked up to me and shot me - I didn't kill him first because we were boosting.... i killed him multiple times thereafter - Ive personally helped about 10 guys get the ach in this way but seen numerous fail because of time/randoms/everyone quitting...