PDA

View Full Version : Not Very Special Teams

corp
10-17-2010, 06:13 AM
I just returned 2 kickoffs for TD's w/ my boy Brandon Banks in Franchise Mode, and I didn't get the Very Special Teams achievement. wtf? Anyone have the same problem?

MatrixJake1978
10-18-2010, 04:21 PM
I returned two punts for TDs with Eddie Royal in Franchise mode, but I'm finding it nearly impossible to return a kickoff back past the 30...

I'm trying to avoid slider manipulation, but I might have to for this one.

Just feels wrong... you know?

ToKeW8
10-18-2010, 06:34 PM
nope worked fine for me... just play a couple ranked matches i run kick offs bacck all the time this is the easiest madden yet for special teams

Vipermaster
12-03-2010, 03:29 PM
Change your return guy to someone with 96+ speed and about 5-7yrd before you get to your blockers make a hard left to the sideline, if your man is fast enough and you were inside the hashmarks he should have enough space to get to the sideline and burn everyone. Use people like DeSean Jackson, Mike Wallace, or Chris Johnson as they can burn anyone in the NFL in a footrace.

corp
12-24-2010, 10:39 AM
here's the problem i'm having, though, guys. i met the requirements for the achievement by returning 2 kickoffs for a TD with the SAME guy. I also returned a punt for a TD... NO ACHIEVEMENTS.

these are being done in rookie/all-pro w/ NO manipulation. i am perplexed.

in fact, i just played an exhibition game on rookie (no sliders, other controller, etc) where I a) beat the opponent by 59 points, b) rushed for over 200yds with LT, c) and had a perfect passer rating.

why are none of my achievements not registering??????

volesky88
12-29-2010, 09:39 PM
I'm so sick of trying to get this achievement. Every time I run it back the game throws some bs clipping penalty against me. What's funny is the fact that the very second that the game recognizes that I have enough room to score, it calls a penalty.

JAW LV
12-29-2010, 10:44 PM
I'm so sick of trying to get this achievement. Every time I run it back the game throws some bs clipping penalty against me. What's funny is the fact that the very second that the game recognizes that I have enough room to score, it calls a penalty.

If your constantly getting one penalty you should turn it off. I know it sounds cheap to turn off a penalty but screw it... the game is being cheap to you so return the favor lol :p

GuidoNGR
12-31-2010, 03:32 AM
here's the problem i'm having, though, guys. i met the requirements for the achievement by returning 2 kickoffs for a TD with the SAME guy. I also returned a punt for a TD... NO ACHIEVEMENTS.

these are being done in rookie/all-pro w/ NO manipulation. i am perplexed.

in fact, i just played an exhibition game on rookie (no sliders, other controller, etc) where I a) beat the opponent by 59 points, b) rushed for over 200yds with LT, c) and had a perfect passer rating.

why are none of my achievements not registering??????
if you're doing it online, that might be why or maybe you're just going into to Overtime because pretty much an Requirement to not going to OverTimePlay.

Turbo VDuB 44
01-01-2011, 03:16 AM
if you're doing it online, that might be why or maybe you're just going into to Overtime because pretty much an Requirement to not going to OverTimePlay.

...wow...OTP means Online Team Play. Meaning you can't unlock achievements in that game type.

ARZ
01-06-2011, 04:56 PM
...wow...OTP means Online Team Play. Meaning you can't unlock achievements in that game type.

Weird that it didn't pop. Have you tried clearing your cache? I've heard that work for some people.

I'm horrible at returns as well. I did it with the Vikings - Harvin is a beast! To get as many returns as possible - use a second controller and if a kick return fails, kick a field goal (which you'll miss, unless you can kick 80 yards or so), then as soon as the 2nd controller takes over, make a field goal (or drive a bit to get closer and then kick it). Then kickoff again and retry.

I did this in one game with 6 minute quarters and got about 20+ return attempts. Managed to get 3 in :)

JManTheHitmanOfficial
01-07-2011, 02:49 AM
Alright guys, heres how I did it. I'm very good at punt and kick returns. I just used DeSean Jackson (edited) and played against Carolina. Most likely, if you cut to the right, then quickly move to the left, you'll find a hole and run right down the left side of the field into the endzone. Make sure you have unlimited rewinds too. :boom

thedoob
01-14-2011, 10:19 PM
Its easy to return kicks chief, he's asking why he isn't getting the avhievment points for doing so. I have had this problem as well, not sure why they don't register, going to try clearing the cache tonight.

D00MZDAY89
01-25-2011, 04:43 AM
I found the best bet to be with DeSean Jackson of the Eagles.