PDA

View Full Version : Playable Demo?

TwizTiDNinja97
10-17-2010, 05:15 PM
i know this is probably a dumb question but i havent heard too much on this game...so i was just curious if anyone has heard anything about a demo being released prior to the actual game release?

flippy1008
10-17-2010, 05:45 PM
There won't be a demo. Its like GTA, EA never release a demo for The Sims. The only thing to stretch as a demo is a buyable Create a Sim pack, but even thats not really a demo of the game. Sorry bud...its not that sorta game!

TwizTiDNinja97
10-17-2010, 07:32 PM
yea,i kinda figured there wouldnt be...but its like ive always said,game companies should always put out some kind of demo this way ppl can have a chance to try it and make sure they like it before they rush out and buy it but i guess thats just my opinion lol. thanx

RexDarr
10-17-2010, 09:38 PM
In a way Sims is sorta a cult game. My friends who have played the Sims LOVE it. People who normally don't play it HATE it because they don't like the idea of playing as a person doing every-day tasks.
And the Llamas, well thats another story.

McMatholomew
10-17-2010, 10:15 PM
EA never release a demo for the Sims? I remember having a PS2 demo of the Sims 2..

RexDarr
10-17-2010, 10:38 PM
Maybe he means for the 360?

indoorblakininja
10-18-2010, 02:45 AM
hmph, my (extremely long) demo is the full version on pc :p

ChemicalxRachel
10-19-2010, 08:31 AM
yea,i kinda figured there wouldnt be...but its like ive always said,game companies should always put out some kind of demo this way ppl can have a chance to try it and make sure they like it before they rush out and buy it but i guess thats just my opinion lol. thanx

I agree! It would help consumers figure out if they really want the game...heck, it might sell more copies of the games if they release a playable demo for people to try out.

In a way Sims is sorta a cult game. My friends who have played the Sims LOVE it. People who normally don't play it HATE it because they don't like the idea of playing as a person doing every-day tasks.
And the Llamas, well thats another story.

And I totally agree with this too! The Sims is kinda a cult game...I've played the PC versions ever since the first ones, and I absolutely love it. Where as one of my ex boyfriends played the sims 2 for like...five minutes and found it boring and mundane to play a person doing every-day things and having to worry about environment and social lol.

I'm definitely going to be picking this up in the future. But, I'm low on cash too, especially with Fallout New Vegas and Fable 3 coming out within a week of each other. I'll be picking this up hopefully as a Christmas gift from my mother. (She tends to dote on her only child lmao.) Or, with my next paycheck between the release date and Christmas, no clue. Definite buy though.

RexDarr
10-22-2010, 12:23 AM
I pre-ordered Sims 3 WAY back in June along with NHL11.

My girlfriend and I are both hyped about the release of Sims. She has been playing them since the expansion packs for PC and I the first.
Every day I become more excited about the game. Luckly I'm only working 4 hours that day.

BloodHungry89
10-25-2010, 07:04 PM
That sucks theres no demo but at least Gamefly is sending it to me by thursday.