PDA

View Full Version : Dropping Deuce glitch

rhodoss
10-17-2010, 05:22 PM
I don't know what happened but I was on my first playthrough and I knew about the dropping deuce achievement so i was going for it but first i had to eat something so after the part were you put the beacons on the trucks i went a little bit further down the road on the ATV. Then i paused and was away for a couple of minutes and when i got back i was backing up so that Dusty wouldn't be in the way at my jump but a minute playing and i was almost at the jump i could see the ledge and the achievement pops. So i got the achievement and i didn't Jump 7,5 meters with the ATV.
Has somebody else got this ?

bLaKgRaVy
10-18-2010, 05:27 AM
I don't know what happened but I was on my first playthrough and I knew about the dropping deuce achievement so i was going for it but first i had to eat something so after the part were you put the beacons on the trucks i went a little bit further down the road on the ATV. Then i paused and was away for a couple of minutes and when i got back i was backing up so that Dusty wouldn't be in the way at my jump but a minute playing and i was almost at the jump i could see the ledge and the achievement pops. So i got the achievement and i didn't Jump 7,5 meters with the ATV.
Has somebody else got this ?

Did you perhaps go over the first hill then get the achievement? Most people get it by going over the second hill (which is almost immediately after the first). Or did you not even get to the hill(s) yet?

stuhp
10-18-2010, 05:44 AM
Maybe it's more cinematic than the community likes to think? I bet you anything it's actually linked to Dusty rather than Deuce :D But I dunno - has anyone played the mission and not get the achievement?

Killbomb
10-18-2010, 06:16 AM
Maybe it's more cinematic than the community likes to think? I bet you anything it's actually linked to Dusty rather than Deuce :D But I dunno - has anyone played the mission and not get the achievement?

I didn't get it my first time through the game.

iiDaRReN316x
10-18-2010, 06:42 AM
I Got this randomly

stuhp
10-18-2010, 05:45 PM
I didn't get it my first time through the game.

If that's the case, then maybe's OP's happening was a once in a lifetime thing. Recreating such an event would be possible, but I doubt it would yield the same results.

Of course, it's hard to tell if it really did happen to the OP - no linked gamertag, for one, and "rhodoss" is listed private on Xbox.com. So, we really have no proof of it happening, given the situation :woop: