PDA

View Full Version : Should I play and beat Fable 2 before purchasing Fable 3?

Taboner
10-17-2010, 06:34 PM
I never got to play Fable 1 and I just couldn't get into Fable 2 that much. It was too buggy for my taste. However, I think Lionhead Studios has it right this time around. Will I be lost story-wise if I just pick this up without playing the previous games in the series?

N3xus Gam3r
10-17-2010, 06:37 PM
Well you dont have too, but since some ppl (like me) can get the game for free, if you heard of it?

So yeah, go on and play it :D

Bubble Supreme
10-17-2010, 06:37 PM
I doubt you would be lost story wise, but you might like to be able to relate things back to F2 as the story progresses. That's just my 2 cents however ;)

R e A L ii T y
10-17-2010, 06:39 PM
I never got to play Fable 1 and I just couldn't get into Fable 2 that much. It was too buggy for my taste. However, I think Lionhead Studios has it right this time around. Will I be lost story-wise if I just pick this up without playing the previous games in the series?

My advice is if your not going to play Fable 2 before Fable 3 comes out then at least read up on what the storyline consists of so that you have a general idea of what it's all about! But I mean Fable 2 was a great game, and like you said it is glitchy at some points. All in all, it will not affect your experience in Fable 3 if you do not play Fable 2.

Kid Vicious
10-17-2010, 07:32 PM
i personally didnt think fable 2 is worth playing a 2nd time just for giggles.

AV0STEAR
10-17-2010, 07:42 PM
Since it is part of the Fable universe I say yes.

How it relates to Fable 3 is all you will see the difference that 50 years had made to the world.

From a pure gameplay standpoint is was alright, I was let down by the time of play (full 1000 in under 12 hours), there wasn't much of boss type characters, and it was a little laggy and the menu would sometimes just get stuck. Other than that it was a fun game that resemble a little of Fable 1.

So if you like Fable then yes, if you want to know anything from before Fable 3 then yes, and if you are just playing just to play then maybe.

MIKE N IKE852
10-17-2010, 07:47 PM
Since it is part of the Fable universe I say yes.

How it relates to Fable 3 is all you will see the difference that 50 years had made to the world.

From a pure gameplay standpoint is was alright, I was let down by the time of play (full 1000 in under 12 hours), there wasn't much of boss type characters, and it was a little laggy and the menu would sometimes just get stuck. Other than that it was a fun game that resemble a little of Fable 1.

So if you like Fable then yes, if you want to know anything from before Fable 3 then yes, and if you are just playing just to play then maybe.
:whs i 100% agree with you

ToTaL EclipsEz
10-17-2010, 09:03 PM
I don't think you'd really be missing out if you didn't. You might as well play for the backstory and to get the feel of it though. Also there's something involving your fable 2 save data in number 3 so yeah why not :P

Kunduz
10-17-2010, 09:38 PM
You probably won't miss out on anything vital, but for the full Fable 3 experience I would recommend that you at least playthrough Fable 2 once.

xxxxHolic
10-17-2010, 10:28 PM
I've yet to actually read anything past "NPC's may talk about your previous choices in Fable 2" So I highly doubt it's worth the time and money to play through now. Personally, 2 failed horribly against the hype the developers spewed and in all honesty, it was somewhat of an insult to the original Fable.

Grado
10-18-2010, 01:01 AM
no you dont it would be good to get some background knowledge on the game but its not important

steamboatidk
10-18-2010, 01:06 AM
i would say read up on the storyline before you actually buy fable 3 so you are atleast aren't dumbfounded.

EMP
10-18-2010, 01:21 AM
Yea i would try and beat fable 2 the game gets better as you progress but if you don't you wouldn't miss anything that important

gimli1357
10-24-2010, 06:44 PM
I would buy it and beat it because in Fable III you play as your Fable II character's son/daughter. Certain little things in the game of Fable III will change depending on what you did in Fable II. Plus, Lionhead has worked out almost all of the bugs so it works really good now and it is one of the best games ever :).

gundamcreed7
11-28-2011, 05:42 AM
its not a must but but just like kotor and kotor 2 things in fable 2 will help you out in fable 3

dotCody
11-28-2011, 08:19 AM
its not a must but but just like kotor and kotor 2 things in fable 2 will help you out in fable 3
You bumped a year old thread...:confused:

Headsupchamp
12-06-2011, 09:33 PM
you can start that one u dont need to play any other game befor

AlabamaAngyl
12-14-2011, 07:15 PM
I would buy it and beat it because in Fable III you play as your Fable II character's son/daughter. Certain little things in the game of Fable III will change depending on what you did in Fable II. Plus, Lionhead has worked out almost all of the bugs so it works really good now and it is one of the best games ever :).

Did they ever fix that annoying invisible/frozen-in-place child glitch??? LOL that was so funny, but annoying!

BlindBud
12-15-2011, 03:34 AM
I bought the "Platinum Hits" edition and had zero glitches. I personally enjoyed 2 more than 3 but that's just my opinion. You certainly don't need to have beaten 2 since there is no importing from 2 to 3. That was what I was really hoping for.

Matpick
01-11-2012, 01:43 PM
I haven't and I kind of wish I did play Fable 2 before starting the third one. Not because of the story but because I missed out on a lot of things in Fable 3 and haven't done them until the very end, for example I had no idea you could buy houses to make money etc. Fable 3 is kind of lacking in tutorials and I assume it's because players who played Fable 2 got it all worked out by now.

Anyways I'm getting Fable 2 tomorrow (hopefully) because it's a bloody good franchise.