PDA

View Full Version : Deciding to get this...

LickableLemons7
10-17-2010, 06:57 PM
I just looked at the calendar, and I realize New Vegas will be released 3 days from now. I've never really been into Fallout 3, but I like RPG's. I stopped playing Fallout 3 after
*SPOILER*

your dad dies

*END SPOILER*
I'm kinda on the fence of buying this one, though. It looks interesting to me. I know a lot of you would recommed this game to me. But why, though? Whats new in New Vegas? Please share your thoughts so I can make my decision.

PenderPowguin
10-17-2010, 07:03 PM
Honestly if you stopped playing Fallout 3 because you weren't enjoying yourself then more than likely this ISN'T the game for you.

Upon watching gameplay videos, reading the news and articles, plus the feedback from the fat lonely pirateers on this site it comes down to this is very similar to Fallout 3 but upgraded with new weapons, gameplay etc.

If you enjoyed Fallout 3 then yes get this game. Otherwise if information on the game is what you want then google.com

BlindxLink
10-17-2010, 07:05 PM
It's almost exactly like Fallout 3. There's a lot of new elements though, not necessarily GAME changing, but they make a small difference.

I've always been a fan of the Fallout games, so I'd obviously recommend the game to everyone.

If you liked Fallout 3, chances are you'll LOVE this game. Mainly because it's the same, plus a lot more.

If you hated Fallout 3, there's not much difference that would change your mind about this one.

There's iron sights, mini games (card games, etc), a new weapon creation system, harder gameplay, hardcore option, great graphics, fun gameplay, lots of weapons, hilarious NPCs, and more.

Sorry I'm not really helpful. I'm only a few hours into the game.

ridd NYC
10-17-2010, 07:06 PM
aww if you get the game early you must have a pirate copy awww. keep bitchin kid, no one cares. If you lived around here i would have met you face to face so i can shove my real copy down half way down your mouth so you can taste what you don't have

PenderPowguin
10-17-2010, 07:11 PM
aww if you get the game early you must have a pirate copy awww. keep bitchin kid, no one cares. If you lived around here i would have met you face to face so i can shove my real copy down half way down your mouth so you can taste what you don't have

Hey sport, are you following my posts? You can turn the tough guy mode down a notch, you're embarrassing yourself... But then again, you're humoring me so either way I win.

So in conclusion tiger, you can relax. Just because I called you out on your fat lonely status you don't have to pop a vein raging in the forums.

On topic, yes as I said if you don't like Fallout 3 you more than likely will NOT like New Vegas...simple as that.

ridd NYC
10-17-2010, 07:17 PM
okay "sport" yeah my "fat ass" is sluging around looking for you to sit on "tiger". really "tiger" kind of gay to call me that don't you think, with you have a fat fetish and all

PenderPowguin
10-17-2010, 07:17 PM
okay "sport" yeah my "fat ass" is sluging around looking for you to sit on "tiger". really "tiger" kind of gay to call me that don't you think, with you have a fat fetish and all

Mad, chief?

BlindxLink
10-17-2010, 07:22 PM
Mad, chief?

Yeah, he mad.

LickableLemons7
10-17-2010, 07:23 PM
Honestly if you stopped playing Fallout 3 because you weren't enjoying yourself then more than likely this ISN'T the game for you.

Upon watching gameplay videos, reading the news and articles, plus the feedback from the fat lonely pirateers on this site it comes down to this is very similar to Fallout 3 but upgraded with new weapons, gameplay etc.

If you enjoyed Fallout 3 then yes get this game. Otherwise if information on the game is what you want then google.com
It's almost exactly like Fallout 3. There's a lot of new elements though, not necessarily GAME changing, but they make a small difference.

I've always been a fan of the Fallout games, so I'd obviously recommend the game to everyone.

If you liked Fallout 3, chances are you'll LOVE this game. Mainly because it's the same, plus a lot more.

If you hated Fallout 3, there's not much difference that would change your mind about this one.

There's iron sights, mini games (card games, etc), a new weapon creation system, harder gameplay, hardcore option, great graphics, fun gameplay, lots of weapons, hilarious NPCs, and more.

Sorry I'm not really helpful. I'm only a few hours into the game.
Thanks for the quick replies. I know my neighbor preordered the game, so I'll head off to her house to play it a little bit on Tuesday, and see how I like it. I liked Fallout 3, I just never got into it too much. I guess I should blow the dust off my copy of Fallout 3 and start playing it again soon.:)