PDA

View Full Version : Pro Drum Glitch

colours
10-17-2010, 09:21 PM
Select Pro drums and when it asks for what cymbals you want to have pick anything, start the song, press start go to options>drum options>unselect the pro drum feature(s) and restart the song. You will still be on Pro drums and anything you do in the song will go towards your Pro drum career goals.

found by ME

weedyleopard
10-17-2010, 11:25 PM
HA thanks now they will patch this before the game even comess out!! GRR

And your only cheating yourself so ptt pro drums are for you actully learning the drums

Again im glad you found this though if they dont patch then more chievos for me =]

SebastianSB
10-18-2010, 03:35 AM
Pro drums don't really seem like they'll be much harder than normal drums.

TwistedFate
10-18-2010, 03:49 AM
Pro drums don't really seem like they'll be much harder than normal drums.

Same charts, different targets, no biggy. It may take a few minutes to get used to hitting in a different place if you have only played on the standard RB kit, but it's not that much different.

Starstrukk X360A
10-18-2010, 05:05 AM
I'm honestly looking forward to pro drums. I don't find it at all difficult, and if anything, it'll be much more fun.

Didi Mau
10-18-2010, 09:14 AM
Same charts, different targets, no biggy. It may take a few minutes to get used to hitting in a different place if you have only played on the standard RB kit, but it's not that much different.

There's a thread on Scorehero at the moment where people are thinking about songs that'll be quite different on Pro mode- supposedly the bridge in Teen Age Riot and the solo in Constant Motion go from toms and cymbals quite frequently, and they're all over the place even in normal mode so that could be quite daunting on the hands. I agree though, all the RB3 on-disc songs I've seen so far are looking extremely simple on pro drums, it's almost all cymbals or all toms with no quick jumping back and forth.

Either way, I only have one cymbal so I'll just set that to green and get the pro achievements, then go back to regular expert. I can't say either of my cymbals are very good, I gave the other one away because it'd constantly overhit. Not paying to get any more like that :p

NoThru22
10-18-2010, 02:36 PM
Some of the songs in pro drums mode are like WTF! Like the chorus for Limelight or Science Genius Girl where they have disco beats that go between open and closed hi-hat. Also songs where you hit a hi-hat and the blue tom are pretty hard to train your brain for.

If you've been playing with cymbals for two years, it's easy to get right into pro mode, but there are a ton of streak breakers that I had never counted on.

Also, this is not a glitch. They said that you could play pro drums with any combination of cymbals from the beginning, but you only get 25 points per hit and not the new 30 if you are using the wrong surface. This means that you won't be even be able to gold some songs if you get 100% without the cymbals (in pro mode.)

This "trick" also solves the issue of many RBN songs not being authored for pro drums, but still able to show up in random pro drums setlists.