PDA

View Full Version : Is it bad to recover you tag often?

A Moldy Stump
10-17-2010, 09:59 PM
I just recovered my gamertag for the fifth time in 24 hours. Yesterday to my friends console then back to mine. then today to another friends console then I recovered it onto some other hard drive I have to play Fable 2 and back to my main hard drive again. Bad or no?

plan B
10-17-2010, 10:01 PM
no, that is all

Starstrukk X360A
10-17-2010, 10:47 PM
If you constantly recover over and over Microsoft will assume you're account trading or doing something just as bad.

Just try to avoid recovering it anymore for a few days (:

TuMaBlAcK
10-17-2010, 10:56 PM
Honestly I see nothing wrong with it but starstukk could have a good point.

iBlessing 09
10-17-2010, 11:04 PM
If not much changes then no. However, if you recover it onto another Xbox and get a few 1000G in a day or so then it will look suspiscious.

chivalryVillian
10-17-2010, 11:06 PM
since there's no restriction on it then...

French_Kid
10-17-2010, 11:44 PM
why not just save your gamertag on a usb thumbdrive?

the Damage617
10-17-2010, 11:45 PM
If you constantly recover over and over Microsoft will assume you're account trading or doing something just as bad.

Just try to avoid recovering it anymore for a few days (:

Sorry this is probably such a neewbie question. But what exactly is account trading?

Corrupt.
10-18-2010, 12:15 AM
Sorry this is probably such a neewbie question. But what exactly is account trading?

Where people will get you gamerpoints or ranking for money. I knew of someone who would get you all the achievements for Halo 3. You just sent him money through paypal, gave him your gt & password and he would send it back when done.

GhOsT SLaYeR
10-18-2010, 02:50 AM
there is nothing wrong about it... but I doubt making a habit of it, once your file is large... (over 25mb's) it takes sooo long to d/L for some reason.

Blue Radium
10-18-2010, 02:59 AM
There's nothing bad about recovering your account a lot, no. You might want to invest in a memory card or a USB drive though. It would be nice for keeping your saves secure and off of a console where a friend's little brother could accidentally delete your saves when they clean your tag off of their 360.

A Moldy Stump
10-18-2010, 06:20 AM
Never even thought it would seem suspicious. Thanks for warning me. I was just worried about maybe losing achievements. One time I recovered my tag played a bunch of L4d or something turns out we were disconnected the whole time recovered my account back and lost all the achievements. Turns out we were disconnected the whole time.

ashleary
10-18-2010, 10:01 AM
Never even thought it would seem suspicious. Thanks for warning me. I was just worried about maybe losing achievements. One time I recovered my tag played a bunch of L4d or something turns out we were disconnected the whole time recovered my account back and lost all the achievements. Turns out we were disconnected the whole time.

This is the danger. I'd take the reccomendations from above and get your profile on an MU or USB drive whichever you prefer (or forced to with the slims :D)

I found it to be a bonus especially when you're switching between consoles and your mates etc.

TsarBlandi
10-18-2010, 11:03 AM
whats the difference between this and logging in to xbox.com from multiple places?

i cant see anything wrong with it

SillyXP
10-21-2010, 01:13 AM
good point takes forever to recover anyway xD

bigdogsmhs306
10-21-2010, 02:02 AM
why not just save your gamertag on a usb thumbdrive?

this is a good thing i have one and it work awesome no recovery or anything and it a lot easier too.

bigdogsmhs306

Toshioa
10-21-2010, 09:27 AM
this is a good thing i have one and it work awesome no recovery or anything and it a lot easier too.

bigdogsmhs306

I've got the brand new xbox slim and I have actually had HUGE problems with the USB method. In our flat (student flat ;) ) we have 5 xbox 360s; two are slims, two are elites and one is first gen. I am constantly moving my GT from my xbox slim in my room to the first gen box in the lounge where we play communal games. I have tried the USB method several times with various memory sticks and whilst the profile appears to copy across a-ok, as soon as you plug it in to the first gen it disappears from the memory stick :( Even when I plug it back in to my box I need to recover my profile from xbox live.

To answer the original question, I have been recovering my tag an awful lot recently; sometimes 2-3 times in the same day! I've had no issues, no warnings, no messages and no resets *touches wood*. Not to say this won't happen but it's been a good 3-4 weeks of constantly doing this!