PDA

View Full Version : read before you try expert autosave glitch

tmg100
10-17-2010, 10:21 PM
Finished the season 1st and no cheevie i can only presume that when you save a set up it autosaves! Thus ruining the exploit, so make sure when u save a setup u have all assists off!

daenius
10-17-2010, 10:57 PM
Finished the season 1st and no cheevie i can only presume that when you save a set up it autosaves! Thus ruining the exploit, so make sure when u save a setup u have all assists off!

It does, thanks for the heads-up. You should let Shelton know, so he can incorporate that into the cheevo-guide.

Shelton
10-17-2010, 11:17 PM
Uh, I am usually very diligent about changing the assists whenever I enter the garage or restart a race, however I realised it doesn't autosave when doing these things so it's kind of pointless. Unfortunately, with my new (slack) attitude, I'm pretty sure I have saved a setup with the assists on! Silver lining; I have a backup save from a few races earlier...

It's unfortunate that you had to go through a whole season on expert to find this out, but I do appreciate the information, as I am sure everyone else attempting this will. Thanks.
It does, thanks for the heads-up. You should let Shelton know, so he can incorporate that into the cheevo-guide.
I'm all over it.

pined5551
10-18-2010, 09:17 AM
Im actually a little annoyed this exploit exists. Im not far off being good enough to be able to make a proper attempt at this achievement.

f1ferrari
10-18-2010, 09:39 AM
I'm hoping to go for this in season 2, been learning since the 2 nd race how to get faster on expert, it's been paying off, 2 poles in a row now. but the car is getting better making this easier, Monza win here I come...doubt it, the damn AI wont pit so I wont win. 3 races in a row now, Germany 2nd, wet Spa 2nd, Monza... lets see. opps Istanbul was in the middle there, didn't do so good there, only 12th. need to learn the track I think.

BTW I don't use the exploit I'd rather just earn it. most game I would not care, but F1 I wanna win by merit

pined5551
10-18-2010, 10:29 AM
BTW I don't use the exploit I'd rather just earn it. most game I would not care, but F1 I wanna win by merit

You and I are very much on the same trail of thought :p

I am waiting until i get into a Red Bull before i take this on. Currently im with Force India in my 3/7 season. I have interest from Red Bull at the moment but i think id like to go to either Renaux or Mercedes next. I race on Pro with all assists of, including the braking line off now. Did 4 races yesterday 2 seconds, 2 wins (Siverstone-Spa) All with heavy rain at some point, so i am confident i can win on Expert. I've had 7 wins so far this season and almost always a podium, no points in Catalunya of course lol. Yet Hamilton seems to still keep up with me, only 27 points ahead :( If i dont win he does. We are both almost 100 points ahead of anyone else, lol.

tmg100
10-19-2010, 06:01 PM
I did the 1st 6 races without this and got good results. I started to use it 1 for it actually being proven it works and 2 this game is now boring the shit out of me!

For the record yea it does work, just 2 seasons to go now and im 42 online 480,000 xp to go!

x13radx
10-19-2010, 07:05 PM
Im actually a little annoyed this exploit exists. Im not far off being good enough to be able to make a proper attempt at this achievement.

Agreed, I finally got my first win on Expert today at Silverstone, and although I am way off making a title challenge (Alonso is on 137 points, im on 64) I think next season, and with a better car/team, I can maybe do it.