PDA

View Full Version : Lagging Issue...

Jay_One
10-17-2010, 11:59 PM
Okay, well, I'm on here because I didn't know where else to turn, I google'd the issue with no success whatsoever, and you guys helped me solve several problems with my Xbox 360 in the past. Now to my problem, I have a wireless connection with my Xbox 360, and for the past two days I've been lagging horribly. I've been playing Halo Reach and MoH for the past two days with horrible lagging issues. I even placed my 360 on top of my TV stand to see if it prevents the lag from occurring, again with no success though.

My issue is two days ago, I also opened up my NAT to talk with friends of mine on Xbox 360 Party Chat, because it wouldn't connect to them until I opened it up. So my QUESTION is, can the NAT open be the cause of my lagging? I mean IF it is, I don't see why, because ya NAT usually being open usually also means higher speeds, and quicker connection.

Hopefully some of you guys have tips on how to increase my speeds on my connection, because this lagging is driving me insane. Thank you for reading and your help.

mitchcraft1980
10-18-2010, 03:45 AM
well if you have opened your ports for everything you should have better speeds, i mean on GOW it even tells you to open your ports before you can play co-op lol what i find really strange is i set my xbox up to have a static ip , set up ALL ports TCP and UDP that i could find on the net they tell you to open then it tells me that the NAT set up i have is bad for connecting to live than having it set up for automatic then it selects an IP that i have not opened all the ports for on my router.

I just dont understand that so if you have set up your networking manually change it back to auto and it might work better even tho its so retarded

Jay_One
10-18-2010, 04:51 PM
I feel kind of dumb, I figured out what the problem was. I don't reset my wireless router often, because I forget to do it once a week, and that was the cause of my lag. My router not being restarted. Thank you though, it was on manually and I set it back to auto.

mitchcraft1980
10-18-2010, 05:00 PM
when you set it to manual did you get the same message as me saying that the firewall settings were too strong ect ?

Jay_One
10-19-2010, 04:48 AM
when you set it to manual did you get the same message as me saying that the firewall settings were too strong ect ?

No, but I did get a couple of error messages during it being on manual while using my laptop, before I changed it back to auto.

mitchcraft1980
10-19-2010, 09:12 AM
i have put this issue forward to microsoft them selves on their technical forum, believe me its the only thread they havnt been able to answer cos they know its F'd up lol