PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer: Fire Controller Achievement Confirmed

Venomized
10-18-2010, 12:31 AM
http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/6W/Xq/1YCLiGJhbC9FCxsFG1lTWUY3L2FjaC8wLzExAAAAAOfn5-rFZfU=.jpgMultiplayer: Fire Controller-30:gsicon:
Use each offensive support action once (awarded at end of round)

Now a lot of people have been debating and discussing whether or not this achievment must be done in 1 game, or throughout your career. I can confirm without a doubt that this achievement can be obtained throughout your online career over multiple games. You DO NOT NEED to do it in 1 game, though you can if you are skilled enough.

If you are confused by "It cant be achieved throughout your online career" I will explain by using an example.

There are a total of 7 different levels of killstreak rewards, and a total of 14 killstreak rewards. 7 Defensive, and 7 Offensive.

Ex: If you call in a mortar strike in a game, you have now called in 1/7 of the Offensive Support Actions needed for the achievement. Now say that game is over and you are starting a new game. Since you have called in the mortar strike, you can instead call in the Defensive Support Action of that level (which is Intel) and get the free 30 support points, which will count towards your next Killstreak. So if you have called in the first 6 levels of Offensive Support Actions throughout your career, I would recommend calling in the defensive Support Actions to work towards your Cruise Missile (7th Offensive Support Action - 600 points without dying) because majority of the time, Defensive Support actions award you with more points than offensive.

I hope this clears things up for everyone! Good luck with the achievment and I will be posting boosting methods and legit methods of obtaining this achievement sometime soon in the future!

SideDish120
10-18-2010, 12:46 AM
Legit Method:
Offensive sniping with the bolt action sniper on Helmand Valley in the Combat Mission game type.

Use the sniper until you have unlocked the "HP sniper scope". This will allow you to zoom in twice as far.

Mean Weapon: SV-98 or M24
Rail Slot: HP sniper scope(Unlocked at Lvl 7)
Barrel Slot: Stock barrel
Base Slot: Extra magazine(Unlocked at Lvl 2)

When you are on the offensive side, dig in and keep as many things you can think of between you and the enemy forces. Be in a spot they wouldn't expect you to be. If you can't seem to find a spot, look at the leaderboards to see if anyone on your team is doing extremely well, and if they are sniping, follow them and find out their positions that will help you out.

Stick back extremely far, and if you've reached a certain scorechain before(i.e mortar strike, etc) use the defensive as it is guaranteed points to help you for the next one.(Getting 30 points instead of 10 with a bad mortar strike round). Once you reach level 5, start using the offensive scorechains (:dleft:). Aim them at the areas where the enemies are spawning, and once you reach the 5th scorechain. You shouldn't have much trouble getting the rest as they net you a lot of points if you hit their spawn.

10-18-2010, 01:11 AM
I like how this is the second time you two took something I already posted almost word for word, added a little more, and claimed it your own.

SideDish120
10-18-2010, 01:16 AM
I like how this is the second time you two took something I already posted almost word for word, added a little more, and claimed it your own.
Actually, me and him both just got the achievement. And he decided to put this up. So before you hop on the train of "dat was mine d00d". It's a single achievement idea and you really can't word it any differently. It's like describing what you need to do for 5 headshots, "Get 5 headshots". So if he went, "You need to shoot 5 people in the head". That automatically is yours? Next time, make a post like this thread here. And we would have been happy to add to it. It's already common knowledge that you can get the achievement in different games. Your acting like he stole an entire guide or idea from you.

10-18-2010, 01:27 AM
Except no one is talking about five head shots. So no, not quite the same.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=267197

That's a bit too similar to be an accident, in my opinion.

TheBarry
10-18-2010, 01:39 AM

Who cares, anyways i got this one a couple of days ago right before the match ended, got the last 2 winning kills with the cruise missle. GG

SideDish120
10-18-2010, 01:56 AM
Except no one is talking about five head shots. So no, not quite the same.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=267197

That's a bit too similar to be an accident, in my opinion.

You can't write certain things differently. We here are also trying to add methods. As this will be used for the guide. I read through your post, and for me it was common knowledge. I never saw your post before. All Venomized did was reconfirm it. Your acting like you discovered Newton's Universal Law of Gravity.. And we took it. It's a simple concept that's been repeated in our achievement guide thread. So please, if you are gonna be helpful. Post YOUR method on how you did it. Thank you :)

Swiftknife
10-18-2010, 02:20 AM
Thanks for the info guys...never thought i would be able to get this achievement till i read this. Thanks! :)

Sourman145
10-18-2010, 04:21 AM
I have a method for high level riflemen.

The map: Kandahar Marketplace
Mode: Sector Control
Weapon: M249 SAW-If level 14, can be used by terrorists, if not, use PKM instead. Also use open tip ammo and red dot. This setup dominates.

The idea is to rush to the center building (its right in the middle of the map) and camp the landing on the stairs, which should be watching a door. Occasionally go down the stairs and look out the door if the enemy is spawning in front, as you will get kill after kill. If need be, go up and look out the windows, but this will get you killed eventually. Only use defensive streaks for the first 4; this will net you a high-scoring ribbon. The first offensive I would reccomend is the strafing run, call it on a high enemy concentration for big points. The air strike is also useful, but you can kill yourself, even if in the building. Ammo is located up the stairs nearby; look on the mini-map. Once you acquire the missile, the match will almost be over, so fire away.
Try not to ever die, any lost points can cost you.

xMidget_Furyx
10-18-2010, 08:09 AM
by center building you mean the B flag correct?

Venomized
10-18-2010, 08:28 AM

What the hell are you talking about? You seem arrogant and misinformed. How did I take anything of yours? As I got the Fire Controller Achievment today, I decided to post a thread explaining to everyone (BECAUSE IF YOU READ THE POSTS IN THE ACHIEVMENT GUIDE, MANY PEOPLE ARE CONFUSED ABOUT IT, AND NUMEROUS THREADS HAVE BEEN MADE ABOUT IT) that it is throughout the career. I never even look at your post. This is the first time that I have seen you on this site that I can remember of. Jeesh.

Edit: And by the way, I NEVER claimed that information as my own. I was sharing my knowledge of the achievment. I just looked at your thread, and you know what, I apologize I didn't use the search engine or didn't scroll through the pages. I'm not a fan of doing that. But 2 things.

1. Is it really that big of a deal, as WE ARE CONFIRMING SOMETHING, and not trying to get credit for anything.
2. Isn't it better that MORE people confirm it? Especially since SideDish and I wrote the guide, now we can post with 100% certainty.

Conspicuous Gallantry-100:gsicon:
Singleplayer: Finish every level in the game on Tier 1 Mode under par time

Just finished that, and am globally ranked #1 in most missions. It is a very easy achievement for anyone relatively familiar with first person shooter games. Take your time, go for head shots, & make your shots count, as you cannot request more ammo from your team. Always use cover, and when moving up, slide from cover to cover whenever possible. I would recommend playing though the game at least once before tackling Tier 1, so you will be more familiar with enemy locations and your surroundings.

After looking through your posts, I am going to assume this is the "First" thing we claimed that was yours?

Well lets take a look at this post of yours. Head shots, can't request ammo, take yours time, use cover, slide from cover to cover. Well I have come to a conclusion that this would be common sense for most poeple, and that anyone could come up with this without the help of another. Just because you posted this 'First" does not mean other people didn't think of it first, or didn't think about it without your help. You are acting like a selfish boy. Anyone one with common sense can figure these tips on their own.

You remind me of one of those people who post on Youtube videos saying, "First Comment!".

Sourman145
10-18-2010, 01:32 PM
by center building you mean the B flag correct?

No, the building I'm talking about has no flag in it. Directly to the left of this building there is a flag on a rooftop, and directly in front is another flag. The third flag is in front and to the right (from the stairs position)

[ Vehemence ]
10-18-2010, 04:53 PM
You remind me of one of those people who post on Youtube videos saying, "First Comment!".

I hate those fresh out of the womb adolescent assholes

By the way, thanks for "Confirming" this achievement method. It's always some random toob or mortar that ends it for me just as I get the artillery strike.

Woodles
10-18-2010, 05:06 PM
thanks for clearing that one up (even if some guy posted it first or whatever...?) this one was worrying me the most, also does anyone know if the "Finish top 3 on the leaderboard 10 times" achievement is glitched, because i feel like i have finished top 3 just under 20 times now??!!

xMidget_Furyx
10-18-2010, 05:25 PM
No, the building I'm talking about has no flag in it. Directly to the left of this building there is a flag on a rooftop, and directly in front is another flag. The third flag is in front and to the right (from the stairs position) oh ok the one in the back where the snipers usually go when you look out from left to right it's "C" "B" then "A" right?

Barad
10-18-2010, 09:59 PM
Ive tried bossting AND trying to get this legit by sniping the past few days using every method posted on this site, still I can't even get close to the 600 needed, Your either born a sniper or not getting this achievement - fail.

Sourman145
10-18-2010, 10:13 PM
oh ok the one in the back where the snipers usually go when you look out from left to right it's "C" "B" then "A" right?

YouTube - Medal Of Honor Kandahar Marketplace Team Assault # 1

The stairs he looks at at 12 seconds are the ones you camp on

Venomized
10-19-2010, 04:53 AM
YouTube - Medal Of Honor Kandahar Marketplace Team Assault # 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVHTedUeM5Q)

The stairs he looks at at 12 seconds are the ones you camp on

Won't that make more people camp there, and more people aware of that spot which will just make it worse =p

xMidget_Furyx
10-19-2010, 07:36 AM
YouTube - Medal Of Honor Kandahar Marketplace Team Assault # 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVHTedUeM5Q)

The stairs he looks at at 12 seconds are the ones you camp on yeah on sector control that is the building with the "B" flag

Fat Gandalf
10-19-2010, 12:52 PM
sorry if this may have been posted elsewhere on here . IM just on lunch and just popped on to put this here quickly between breaks . Myself and a buddy have found a relatively easyway to boost this and points for top tier cheeve . Its mainly two levels you can do this on one is called kunar camp (ithink) the other something town sorry for not knowing the name . First things first what you need to do is just have your mate in party or private chat one of you goes into a game in sector control and keeps an eye for when an opposing player drops out . Your buddy needs to be on there friends list with your name highlighted and as soon as some one drops it will come up joinable press x . If they get it right they will drop onto the opposite team . Now until you get the levels mentioned id recommend just gaining xp of one another . So for kunar camp if you or your friend spawn near checkpoint alpha of to the right and looking straight down towards checkpoint charlie are some crates you can climb up at the back to the right is a small ledge with a tree near . You need to select the sniper class and your mate can keep running to checkpoint c . Just headshot and voila 20 points . Then use defensive or offensive call ins when necessary . Very easy to do and minimum of 1000 points per game . For the small town level there is a bridge with a blown up jeep on it that leads to checkpoint bravo . If you drop down to under the bridge there is a small archway at the back that you can sit in select any class and just get your mate to run right up middle of the river towards you again simple 1000 points . Again sorry if this is vague and useless just posting something that worked for myself and a friend . My gamertag is S2K kermit if you need to check .

Sourman145
10-19-2010, 01:29 PM
Won't that make more people camp there, and more people aware of that spot which will just make it worse =p
Unless most of the people who play MOH online look at this thread, I don't think it will get much worse. But I guess that's the drawback to posting a jesus spot.