PDA

View Full Version : The only women in the game seem to just the secretary and the apache pilot

QuiCkz AleX
10-18-2010, 09:57 AM
Are there actually any women serving in the Rangers or even Special Forces?

NaK Quinn
10-18-2010, 10:05 AM
There are, just not many.

ConfusedGeek
10-18-2010, 01:43 PM
officially women are not allowed to serve in strictly combat missions in the US military.

they can fly planes and helicopters though.

gealt
10-18-2010, 01:54 PM
there are no females in Ranger regiments, as they cannot hold combat MOS's. (Technically they can be in RTB, but nobody counts that). Likewise there are no females in any ground combat spec ops groups either (SEALs, GB's, etc..). There could be some female pilots in SOAR. For the most part Spec Ops is a man's man's world.

upindat
10-18-2010, 01:58 PM
who cares. game still suck. even though a hot soldier would be nice in one of the cut scenes!!!

iiDaRReN316x
10-18-2010, 02:05 PM
Shows how Gay danger close is.

Buck a Fuffaloe
10-18-2010, 02:08 PM
officially women are not allowed to serve in strictly combat missions in the US military.

they can fly planes and helicopters though.
I was gonna post this but no need to now. Does anyone know the reason why they can't hold a spec ops combat position?

Soulreaper 1337
10-18-2010, 02:09 PM
Shows how Gay danger close is.

Yep you hit the whole problem with most of the game, too acurate they should have sacrificed some of the authenticity for any number of thing but my vote would have gone for less scenes that could be interpreted as gay innuendos.

Soulreaper 1337
10-18-2010, 02:11 PM
I was gonna post this but no need to now. Does anyone know the reason why they can't hold a spec ops combat position?

They use many excuses but there are really two reasons

1 - women are considered a disctration

2 - men cant handle the mentel stress of watching women be hurt, tortured, or killed

though in other armed services in other countries they just say the truth and that is true for both women and men

Buck a Fuffaloe
10-18-2010, 02:13 PM

2 - men cant handle the mentel stress of watching women be hurt, tortured, or killed

though in other armed services in other countries they just say the truth and that is true for both women and men
One thing that I was thinking is these guys are and have to be ruthless and I don't see woman being like that, and they couldn't keep a mission secret because they talk too much :p

iBeatStuffUp
10-18-2010, 02:30 PM
Yep you hit the whole problem with most of the game, too acurate they should have sacrificed some of the authenticity for any number of thing but my vote would have gone for less scenes that could be interpreted as gay innuendos.

LOL I was thinking of how to deal with the immature comment the guy made but you did a fantastic job.

iiDaRReN316x
10-18-2010, 02:33 PM
LOL I was thinking of how to deal with the immature comment the guy made but you did a fantastic job. Epic Phail

undergr3nades
10-18-2010, 04:24 PM
what I'm trying to figure out is why this is posted on two separate forums? by two different users? and the sentence is incorrect. apparently someone can't think of their own post ideas anymore.

really strange. click link.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/980769-medal-of-honor/56736744

Gav LCFC
10-18-2010, 06:50 PM

What this guy said, and if they really wanted infomation outta a women im sure that they wouldnt stop at torture more like rape.

Mega Mayo Man
10-18-2010, 06:58 PM
The only queer round here is you for posting in a bullshit thread like this.

Get a grip.

RYARNI
10-18-2010, 07:03 PM
Its official, Xbox forums are the WORST place for intelectual debate.

P.s Dorothy's a bitch =D

ShaneForWax
10-18-2010, 07:12 PM
What this guy said, and if they really wanted infomation outta a women im sure that they wouldnt stop at torture more like rape.

Guys can be raped too, y'know.

I really don't see why a man should try to stop a woman from fighting for her country. It's a bullshit excuse about them being a distraction. Did you know that women are better snipers than men? Imagine the unlocked potential that the military brass has but they're unwilling to tap because of some stupid chivalry thing about women not fighting.

If a woman is well aware of what she's getting into, just toss her a gun and let her get shit done. Women were not a distraction in world war 2 when they fought in the Red Army, now were they?

Lyudmila Pavlichenko, look her up. 309 enemy kills, survived the war with a few bumps and bruises. She was BLOWN UP for christ's sakes and they still couldn't bring the girl down. She was pulled from the front lines for recruiting and parades and such in the Motherland.

Timmeh
10-18-2010, 07:16 PM

though in other armed services in other countries they just say the truth and that is true for both women and men Neither of these points are true though, they're just made up by fags who like to keep the forces man dominated. Specifically in terms of special forces if you find women a distraction or can't handle the mental stress of watching women being hurt then you're not fit for special forces in the first place- any special forces soldier who falls for women over men in this way is going to be dead pretty quick in the ops they go on.

It's all bullshit really, it's just about keeping up the macho image.

Buck a Fuffaloe
10-18-2010, 07:30 PM
Idk why everyones getting pissed that woman can't serve in the spec ops. I would be willing to bet theirs a reason for it, probably psychological. Y'all aren't gonna change it so no sense in getting mad about it.

ShaneForWax
10-18-2010, 08:59 PM
Idk why everyones getting pissed that woman can't serve in the spec ops. I would be willing to bet theirs a reason for it, probably psychological. Y'all aren't gonna change it so no sense in getting mad about it.

Some of us have actually, y'know, studied psychology, sociology, anatomy, and anthropology to know there is no reason women should be kept from combat so long as they are aware of the dangers.

acurate bob
10-18-2010, 09:12 PM
Neither of these points are true though, they're just made up by fags who like to keep the forces man dominated. Specifically in terms of special forces if you find women a distraction or can't handle the mental stress of watching women being hurt then you're not fit for special forces in the first place- any special forces soldier who falls for women over men in this way is going to be dead pretty quick in the ops they go on.

It's all bullshit really, it's just about keeping up the macho image.

So your tellin me that given this situation. You were in a tight squad of four. You know your squadmates better than they know themselves. You have a GF at home. One of you squad is a female. You would openly watch the OPFOR rape, beat and torture her! Then turning to the others in your squad.

That's bullshit and you know it. If a guy so much as laid a hand on my GF I'd beat the shit outta him without thinking. If I were a spec ops operative and had a female squadmate. I wouldnt go outta my way to help her in a firefight. But if she's being tortured. I dunno man. I'd probably flip.

Physically and mentally trained or not the male is almost preprogrammed to defend the female from danger. Not going for the sicko rapists and thugs out there.

Gav LCFC
10-18-2010, 09:13 PM
Guys can be raped too, y'know.

I really don't see why a man should try to stop a woman from fighting for her country. It's a bullshit excuse about them being a distraction. Did you know that women are better snipers than men? Imagine the unlocked potential that the military brass has but they're unwilling to tap because of some stupid chivalry thing about women not fighting.

If a woman is well aware of what she's getting into, just toss her a gun and let her get shit done. Women were not a distraction in world war 2 when they fought in the Red Army, now were they?

Lyudmila Pavlichenko, look her up. 309 enemy kills, survived the war with a few bumps and bruises. She was BLOWN UP for christ's sakes and they still couldn't bring the girl down. She was pulled from the front lines for recruiting and parades and such in the Motherland.

But that was an all out war, this isnt. I don't dought that women can't fight aswell as men. I know men can be raped aswell but if you got captured and they were raping a female soldier i rekon most men would probily break. Ever think about telling them to rape the women aswell?

I'ts all fucked up.

Barad
10-18-2010, 10:03 PM
The female Apache pilot's voice is so epic :P love that mission!

ConfusedGeek
10-19-2010, 04:08 AM
its one thing for ppl back home to see their boys coming back dead, they arent ready for their girls to come home in body bags (at least not in huge numbers).

this is mostly about politics. generals worried about the backlash.

ShaneForWax
10-19-2010, 06:45 AM
But that was an all out war, this isnt. I don't dought that women can't fight aswell as men. I know men can be raped aswell but if you got captured and they were raping a female soldier i rekon most men would probily break. Ever think about telling them to rape the women aswell?

I'ts all fucked up.

A guy can break just by seeing his best mate from high school being tortured too.

Buck a Fuffaloe
10-19-2010, 02:23 PM
Some of us have actually, y'know, studied psychology, sociology, anatomy, and anthropology to know there is no reason women should be kept from combat so long as they are aware of the dangers.
You didn't understand my point. You're not going to change it, so get over it.