PDA

View Full Version : A bit of help with It takes a Village...Out please

Megzilla
10-18-2010, 10:13 AM
I've restarted this level about 10 times now and still no achievement.
I even dropped to playing on easy, and am certain that I have destroyed every single building in the area and still nothing.

As per the guide, I've took out the 3 mortar pits, fly for a bit and get to the area with 3 pickups going over the bridge and loads of buildings around, with the enemy trying to take you out with RPG's

Am I totally missing something, or is this achievement glitched?

Cheers

QuiCkz AleX
10-18-2010, 10:28 AM
Geoff and Jack show you how to get the It Takes A Village...Out Achievement in the Gunfighters level of Medal of Honor.

http://roosterteeth.com/archive/?id=1620

Noa06
10-18-2010, 10:34 AM
There are like 10 more threads just like this but anyway...

There are not enough buildings in the village to do it in one pass so you have to finish the mission and then do it again to get it. Restarting the mission before finishing it for some reason resets the count so no matter how many times you do it unless you finish and then start over you wont get the achievement.

SneakyofSneaks
10-18-2010, 10:35 AM
I did it on first try doesn't need 2 passes.

When you are going round the village just blast every house with rockets, takes a couple for rockets per house.

QuiCkz AleX
10-18-2010, 10:35 AM
I've restarted this level about 10 times now and still no achievement.
I even dropped to playing on easy, and am certain that I have destroyed every single building in the area and still nothing.

As per the guide, I've took out the 3 mortar pits, fly for a bit and get to the area with 3 pickups going over the bridge and loads of buildings around, with the enemy trying to take you out with RPG's

Am I totally missing something, or is this achievement glitched?

Cheers

I finally got it after I played it 4 times. I played through on Hard and never got it. After I finished the campaign I went back to cover achievements on easy, and leveled the entire 4 times. The last hydra I shot before flying away from the village on the 4th playthrough unlocked it.

upindat
10-18-2010, 02:01 PM
took me about three or four times. Put it on easy and the cheevo popped. I will tell u this, make sure to shoot the two story building with all the shooters in it LAST!! Gives you more time. Good luck

CheezyLotus
10-20-2010, 10:20 AM
There are like 10 more threads just like this but anyway...

There are not enough buildings in the village to do it in one pass so you have to finish the mission and then do it again to get it. Restarting the mission before finishing it for some reason resets the count so no matter how many times you do it unless you finish and then start over you wont get the achievement.

nope, there are 17 threads like this......

Barad
10-20-2010, 12:35 PM
Keep retrying and you'll get it! There arn't even 30 buildings in that village so its obvious your suppose to do it multiple times for the achievement! I got after 2 playthroughs and 4 retries :D

SneakyofSneaks
10-20-2010, 12:38 PM
Keep retrying and you'll get it! There arn't even 30 buildings in that village so its obvious your suppose to do it multiple times for the achievement! I got after 2 playthroughs and 4 retries :D

I'm sorry that's wrong, there are plenty on houses and can be done in 1 playthrough, as I did it, the chev popped up before I destroyed the large house in centre. You just have to make sure you completely destroy the building rather than leaving it with 1 wall up

Tom Pladgett
10-20-2010, 01:22 PM
I think the number of houses in the village is either exactly 30 or one or two extra, so you have to be thorough. It is definitely doable in one go, I got it first time. Any house that still has its roof on is a target. Seems it takes two Hydra rockets to take one out, so spam those whenever the gunship's nose is pointed at the town. 30mm don't work too good.

bonojox
10-20-2010, 08:07 PM
To be honest I think this achiement is glitchy. I tried about 4 times on easy difficulty and also on the hard difficulty walkthrough and didn't get it. I try on normal and it pops first time. I'm pretty certain that I did exactly the same as I did when trying on easy. Its the same as the other achievement for supressing the Dshk (or whatever) in under 2 minutes. I tried 5 times on easy and was sure I had it under 2 minutes but it didn't pop. Tried once on normal and it popped first time but as far as I was concerned I didn't take any less time as I had previously.