PDA

View Full Version : Connecting xbox controller to PC.

iNSANiTY
10-18-2010, 01:35 PM
Is it possible to connect it to PC and use it by a plug and charge cable? Or do I need to buy a wired pad?

mitchcraft1980
10-18-2010, 01:46 PM
Is it possible to connect it to PC and use it by a plug and charge cable? Or do I need to buy a wired pad?

you will need software and a wireless usb connection for the pc, you can download the software free

this is the wireless usb adaptor you need

Amazon.com: Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows: Video Games: Reviews, Prices & more

im not sure about the charge cable working, it probably would with the software but obviously wont be wireless but i have converted my wireless xbox controller from my pc over to my xbox and the usb wired controller i have for the pc works fine on my xbox also

iNSANiTY
10-18-2010, 01:47 PM
I'll just get a wired controller laters.

mitchcraft1980
10-18-2010, 01:56 PM
why waste your cash, you should try using the recharge cable if its usb it will most likely work and as i think more the software was for the wirless adaptor so you wouldnt even need that but i will tell you now what you will need for your pc if you want to get games working withought having to set up every time you play a new game the buttons for each one is this

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=xpadder+5.7&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a

its free anyway so ignore them lists of torrent sites that come up on google but what it does is make games recognise that your using an xbox pad or they think its just a normal windows controller and you will need to keymap and trust me you WILL get very fed up of that after a while

iNSANiTY
10-18-2010, 01:59 PM
I think I tried it before and it never picked it up. My battery for my plug and play kit is fucked anyway.

mitchcraft1980
10-18-2010, 02:00 PM
^ post updated an edited

mitchcraft1980
10-18-2010, 02:04 PM
ok well still when you buy a new one trust me get that xpadder , most games will recognise the xbox controller with it if not there are HEAPS of ready made key mapped files you can download again for free or it makes it so you can save the ones you create your self or edit another persons map that you download very easily, before i got the xbox controller and xpadder i used to hate playing games like dead space and many more also fable wont recognise the xbox controller even with that software and is set up for using the mouse and keyboard but with that software you can set up your controller to work along with your keyboard rather than keyboard and mouse which aint much fun fighting with lol

iNSANiTY
10-18-2010, 02:04 PM
It doesn't even pick up my controller, or charge it.

mitchcraft1980
10-18-2010, 02:14 PM
how new is your pc ? another thing is to make sure you have your usb drivers up to date as that could make the difference OH and another thing i just remembered is maybe the reason its not working is because your trying to connect to the usb ports on your motherboard ? I am sorry to say but you will most likely need a powered usb hub, im sure i remember issues that the wireless adaptor wouldnt run off of the usb ports from my mother board and had t go get an independent powered usb hub but that could of been my older pc before the last one i had which was brand new on the market, either way these are things you will have to take in to consideration before choosing wireless and wired.

quick answer .. Wired cheaper, easier and no batteries needed :D

Wireless - lots to consider more expensive but more freedom to move around and if you throw it it wont take the pc with it also lmao ,, you wont need to worry about that anyway tbh as they have an removable connection so that if you do go to far away it unlinks to the main usb connection.

mitchcraft1980
10-18-2010, 02:16 PM
USB HUBS http://www.google.co.uk/products?q=powered+usb+hub&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=ZVS8TLDJLovNjAe1iqCDAg&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&ct=title&resnum=3&ved=0CEcQrQQwAg

make sure they are powered from your socket on the wall tho

that list i showed you are actually really cheap compared to what i had to pay

MangledRex
10-18-2010, 02:52 PM
The play and charge kit will not work you'll need to the the wireless receiver or a wired controller

mitchcraft1980
10-18-2010, 02:56 PM
oh well in that case remember all the other shiz i told you about for the wireless because there is definatly issues with older motherboard usb ports and trying to use the receiver , i think even usb 2.0 has issues with it so check up on that, them usb hubs i showed you were pretty cheap and will probably come in handy in the future anyway so prob worthwhile looking in to that anyway :)

Enki
10-18-2010, 03:24 PM
Those wireless-controllers cannot be used on a PC because the play&charge-kit doesn't send datas to pick up the buttons, it only loads.

vettestingr68
10-26-2010, 11:51 PM
So i get that you have to have the receiver for wireless controllers, but if I was to go buy a wired x360 controller, would it work on my pc? obviously I'll download the drivers etc., but I know that microsoft sells windows xbox 360 controllers seperate from the actual 360 controllers. I don't want to go buy a wired controller if it isn't going to work on my pc.

Gun-Nut
10-27-2010, 12:02 AM
Wired Controls will work fine the Windows Branded ones are just 360 ones anyways so does not matter which one you buy it will work on your 360 and PC.